PDA

View Full Version : muffler bushing ???

SpOOnEPhAtChDC5
07-16-2004, 02:25 PM
Has anyone had a squeeking problem by the rear passenger side ... it sounds like its my springs or shocks but when I took it for an oil change they told me that I should replace the rear muffler bushing. I recently installed a HKS catback and it only squeeks when it is warmed up and going over large bumps.

Si3
07-16-2004, 02:32 PM
ROFL!!!

its called being f**ked with.

You can find the Muffler Bushings right next to the Horn and Blinker Fluid.

Consult your nearest pep boys sales consultant for all the above mentioned products.

darkvibe
07-16-2004, 02:43 PM
http://www.kalecoauto.com/general.htm

they have some muffler bearings. that should solve your problem.

STP03BlueSI
07-16-2004, 02:46 PM
LMAO...It is right on Isle 4 right next to the Left hand screw driver, and the light bulb repair kit. :winkm:

k20hatch
07-16-2004, 02:51 PM
lol...

TrippZ
07-16-2004, 02:53 PM
pick up a flux capacitator while you're at it if they're on sale. youll need it eventually.

cdr127
07-16-2004, 03:03 PM
Has anyone had a squeeking problem by the rear passenger side ... it sounds like its my springs or shocks but when I took it for an oil change they told me that I should replace the rear muffler bushing. I recently installed a HKS catback and it only squeeks when it is warmed up and going over large bumps.

I think he is refering to the rubber "BUSHINGS" that the muffler hangers are attached to. But I don't belive that the would cause that much squeeking.
http://www.xcceleration.com/images/muffler-bushings.jpg

03silverEP
07-16-2004, 03:17 PM
useless trivia the Mitsu 3000Gt's actually had a muffler bearing as there was a switch from the cabin to adjust the exhaust note/noise. there was a little servo in the tailpipe to adj. backpressure basically

Si4U2NV
07-16-2004, 03:21 PM
I think he is refering to the rubber "BUSHINGS" that the muffler hangers are attached to. But I don't belive that the would cause that much squeeking.
http://www.xcceleration.com/images/muffler-bushings.jpg

i agree...but i think the squeeking could be coming from them tho (especially if they were lubed to be put back into place...

you guyz are real helpful sometimes

no one even TRIED to help except cdr127...

-Mike :rolleyes:

cdr127
07-16-2004, 03:34 PM
I agree Lubed the bushing and put them back into place. It cant hurt and it is super easy to do.

Peking
07-16-2004, 04:21 PM

I did not have this problem though I did go back and make sure the rubber was on the hangers all the way back. So check them agian :)

SpOOnEPhAtChDC5
07-17-2004, 07:28 PM
I did not have this problem though I did go back and make sure the rubber was on the hangers all the way back. So check them agian :)

I'll try to lube them before I decide to replace them at least someone knows what they 'er talking about...

serialdriller
07-17-2004, 07:48 PM
make sure the muffler isnt banging like the sway bar or some other part of the car. That happens because the exhaust can wobble around

Peking
07-18-2004, 08:36 AM
make sure the muffler isnt banging like the sway bar or some other part of the car. That happens because the exhaust can wobble around

Yeah that sucka will move, sometimes it does knock when I turn the ride off. But no all the time so it is ok.

I'll try to lube them before I decide to replace them at least someone knows what they 'er talking about...

Yeah, check them out and make sure they are pushed all the way back. And I doubt you will have to replace the rubber hangers :)

hamlet9634
07-18-2004, 11:22 AM
my exhaust moved around so much it BROKE the friggen hangers.. now the whole pipe rattles against the underside of the car... but it ONLY does it when it's raining.. how friggen weird is that?

but when it's raining.. sounds like the car is gonna die.. heh.. scared the shit outta me the first time