PDA

View Full Version : Grinding????

krazichinaman
07-17-2004, 01:05 AM
Well last night i was kinda pissed and i almost redlined 1st and slammed it into 2nd...little did i know i didnt put it all the way into 2nd so I let go of the clutch and i hear this terrible grinding sound for less then a second...I quickly floor the clutch and put it into third...should I be worried about anything? This is the first time I have ever grinded my gears....i know its not good but this was almost at redline? :'(

*note to everyone...dont drive when you are really pissed/sad*

oinojo
07-17-2004, 01:37 AM
Well last night i was kinda pissed and i almost redlined 1st and slammed it into 2nd...little did i know i didnt put it all the way into 2nd so I let go of the clutch and i hear this terrible grinding sound for less then a second...I quickly floor the clutch and put it into third...should I be worried about anything? This is the first time I have ever grinded my gears....i know its not good but this was almost at redline? :'(

*note to everyone...dont drive when you are really pissed/sad*

dont worry much about it man...Well yah you have to worry about it but almost everyone on ephatch has complained about our tranny being retarded...mine grinds from 1-2 when driving hard...and my reverse takes forever to get into (can be solved by going into 1st and then go to reverse)...we are all hoping that there will be a recall for our trannys...there was a thread talking about honda producing faulty trannys for the accord...hopefully all of us could complain to honda and they will give us some new transmissions

toda_power
07-17-2004, 06:21 AM
yeah 3-4months without grinding and it happened...yeah dont worry so much about it..same thing happened to me yesterday. i grinded 2nd gear for a good 1 1/2 or 2 seconds, if this shit gets worse or whatever, then im takin it in to have it check at the dealerships. i will probably buy a shortshifter, better clutch, lighter flywheel and Aluminum Shifter Bushings to see if it will improve, if not, then probably buy a used dc5-r tranny in the near future...

R1/SiR
07-17-2004, 04:50 PM
When you guys grind the tranny, have you noticed any metal pieces after a tranny fluid change?

krazichinaman
07-17-2004, 06:08 PM
phew...........you guys just took a huge burdon off my shoulders...since then ive been driving really slow shifting under 3k lol! but yeah...i have alum bushings...and it kinda helped me getting into reverse more easy.