PDA

View Full Version : NEED help picking out a good tire What should i get?

ranivus
07-17-2004, 10:08 PM
Okay my toyo's have about 40,000 miles on it. My ep3 has about 25,000 miles, my cousin sold me her 18's for 600 bux good deal :cool: .

Anyways i've practically balded the suns uva b1tches and i was looking for a new set of "shoes". I went to my local big o tire/discount tire/goodyear tire store and looked at the prices of 4 tires:

Pirelli P-Zero Nero's @ about $180 ea.
Yokohama Prada Spec 2's @ about $180 ea.
Nitto NeoGen ZR's @ about $150 ea.
Falken Azenis @ about $130 ea.

these are for a 215/35ZR 18 tire. They are a lil bit high than what i bought my toyo FZ-4's but im sure they're all better than my noisy ass no-grip toyo's

dtexan
07-18-2004, 12:14 AM
I have cooper zeon 2xs 215/40/17 and couldnt be happier awesome handeling and the price was right. Might want to give those a look

Videodrone
07-18-2004, 12:37 AM
Yokohama. They make sweet tires. I don't have the ones you want, but the ones i have I'm very happy with.

JdmRevtecnik
07-18-2004, 05:20 AM
falken , cheap, affordable and very good tires

tcostello3
07-18-2004, 05:26 AM
Toyo Proxies FZ4 (Excellent All-Season Performance), Proxies 4(Official S.C.C.A. Tire), or Proxies TS-1

Best = Bridgestone Potenza S03 "Pole Position"

onEswEEtEp3
07-18-2004, 11:26 AM
Well I had Falken Azenis like 5x since I owned an EP on 15's don't get me wrong it's really good tires, very grippy,and affordable, that's if you don't mind changing tires every 3 months or so... depends how much you drive, camber and alignment. but IMO you should get a set of yoko parada spec 2 cause I have em' on 16 and I like it alot! ;)

ranivus
07-18-2004, 03:25 PM
Also, how about the noise? My buddy has a Type S and he says the perellis are really quiet and they dont sound like your parking an airplane not like the toyo's and the Falkiens

hamlet9634
07-18-2004, 04:27 PM
falkens are the grippiest tire you're going to get that's not R compound.. if you drive hard and want near-race tires.. get the falken azenis..
the trouble with them is that they're loud and they're scary in the rain, and they wear out fast

do NOT, i repeat.. do NOT get the paradas... they are TERRIBLE. They are absolutely worthless in wet weather ( i mean they don't even go straight).. they're not very sticky in dry weather..

i don't have personal experience with the others..

FCobra94
07-18-2004, 09:27 PM
Also check out the Yokohama ES100's. They have pretty good dry weather grip, are super nice in the rain, and are very quiet as well. Shouldn't cost too much either.

I have them on 16" Circuit 8's and love 'em! Plus, I've driven a few of the TL A-Spec cars which have the ES100's mounted on 18's and they were very nice. I'd strongly consider them...

4g63dsm
07-18-2004, 10:49 PM
you live in vegas, it doesn't really rain there right? so get the azenis

FattyMcJ
07-18-2004, 11:43 PM

Those...or Khumo MX's......both VERY grippy...but don't last long. :rolleyes:

EP220HP
07-19-2004, 02:49 AM
I voted for the Azenis. Reason= I have them on my EP and my uddy on his RSX Type-S and we do not screech as much as you would on stock tires (Michelin Pilots) launching, or going into second gear.

chet
07-19-2004, 03:34 AM
I have the Toyo Proxes FZ4's for daily driving, 17". Good all around tire, quiet, decent in the corners. I've been using Azenis on 16" slips for auto-x and they're awesome for that.

I forget what issue it was, but Sport Compact Car (a few months back) called the Parada Spec 2 overrated. Bad treadware, no traction. . .why buy 'em. Don't get me wrong, it's just something I read, I've never owned a set.

LiLxKeNnY
07-19-2004, 05:12 AM
you can go wrong with the falkens

FattyMcJ
07-19-2004, 07:53 PM
you can go wrong with the falkens

CAN or Can't ? 'Cause I RACE on the Azenis....and I love them. So....

Chinaboy
07-19-2004, 08:46 PM

im with him

TT12
07-20-2004, 12:59 AM
Pirelli's all the way, just got mine. smooth quiet ride...

KeNnYtAkEr
07-20-2004, 09:11 AM
I heard the parada2 have no wet traction but amazing dry traction. I think the Toyo Proxes 4 are Great.

03silverEP
07-20-2004, 09:17 AM
It doesn't snow much in Vegas, eh' .... Try the Azenis or Kumho MX

hamboi
07-20-2004, 12:21 PM
mmmm those who say the parada 2s suck on dry pavement have not used the tires.

i currently have them and i have gone canyon running twice with them. they are very grippy tires and take quite a bit to lose traction. taking tight turns at 50 mph is no real problem for me.... except i need some better suspension to kill the body roll :P on the streets... the tires are somewhat "noisy" compared to stock michelins, but they're hardly noticeable after awhile.

i think you'll like the yokohama parada spec 2s.... personally... i believe that u should try a set of each of the tires that you listed and find a good one that u like.

hamlet9634
07-20-2004, 02:04 PM
mmmm those who say the parada 2s suck on dry pavement have not used the tires.

i currently have them and i have gone canyon running twice with them. they are very grippy tires and take quite a bit to lose traction. taking tight turns at 50 mph is no real problem for me.... except i need some better suspension to kill the body roll :P on the streets... the tires are somewhat "noisy" compared to stock michelins, but they're hardly noticeable after awhile.

i think you'll like the yokohama parada spec 2s.... personally... i believe that u should try a set of each of the tires that you listed and find a good one that u like.

dude, those tires SUCK. I have them. I know. Try a set of azenis sometime and try the same canyons. you'll be blown away

dchu
07-20-2004, 02:16 PM
I had paradas and they were crap. The dry grip was pretty good and wet was okay. They had break away characteristics. At the limit they wouldn't screach at all and they would hop instead of slide. The tires also howled like swamp masters under 40 mph. I have ES100's now and they are better dry and wet and they are much quieter.

iR-VTEC2
04-18-2008, 11:21 PM
I Just got Fuzion ZRi's. I never heard of them but they were cheap and close to my job so I didn't have to worry. I used other brands before these tires and the amount of grip that these Fuzions have is basically insane compared to all the Kumho's, BFG's, Michelins, and Pirellis i've ever used. The tires are soft. Not the best looking in my opinion but made a DRAMATIC and NOTICABLE performance difference.
They are also W rated (up to 168mph)

I cannot imagine they will last me more than 10,000 miles (if that!) but what high performance tires do? None that I've ever used :) They are actually quieter than my previous Kumho Ecstas and have this rim guard thing that's pretty neat. Mostly positive reviews online with the exception of a few people that are getting tires that they shouldn't be getting or have gotten a bad set. It's possible to get a bad set of anything and everything in this life so I don't pay much attention to those reviews.

Try checking these out for poops and chuckles.

xsimplistikaznx
04-22-2008, 11:14 PM
Okay my toyo's have about 40,000 miles on it. My ep3 has about 25,000 miles, my cousin sold me her 18's for 600 bux good deal :cool: .

Anyways i've practically balded the suns uva b1tches and i was looking for a new set of "shoes". I went to my local big o tire/discount tire/goodyear tire store and looked at the prices of 4 tires:

Pirelli P-Zero Nero's @ about $180 ea.
Yokohama Prada Spec 2's @ about $180 ea.
Nitto NeoGen ZR's @ about $150 ea.
Falken Azenis @ about $130 ea.

these are for a 215/35ZR 18 tire. They are a lil bit high than what i bought my toyo FZ-4's but im sure they're all better than my noisy ass no-grip toyo's

i pirelli or toyo it ANY DAY of the WEEK!!!! but the other ones you got listed are good too!