PDA

View Full Version : hfp suspension

rlndia
07-17-2004, 11:04 PM
if i got hfp suspension for my ep, would it void my warranty? what if it was installed by a honda dealer?

DarkSiRacer
07-17-2004, 11:30 PM
No and No. Its from Honda, they're the ones who made it. They will warranty it.

Jaypee
07-18-2004, 12:18 AM
HFP suspension package is custom tuned for your car, don't worry and have fun. How much are you paying for them? Are you buying the whole HFP $4000 package?

Good luck~

rlndia
07-18-2004, 11:16 AM
HFP suspension package is custom tuned for your car, don't worry and have fun. How much are you paying for them? Are you buying the whole HFP $4000 package?

Good luck~

man... i dont even have an ep yet. lol. i will though within two weeks. ill let everyone know when i get it. just planning out ahead so that i will spend my money wisely. i want to mod but also keep my warranty valid. and about the hfp package, i wouldnt pay $4000 for that package, i rather buy a turbo kit. what is honda thinking? thanks for the replies. this site has been very helpful in my research for my soon to be car.

graham
07-18-2004, 04:23 PM
I think you may be able to get just the "handling package" (wheels & suspension) ... for about $1500.

Jaypee
07-18-2004, 11:32 PM
that's news to me. From what I heard they're not selling it separately other than body kits at this point.

FattyMcJ
07-18-2004, 11:39 PM
that's news to me. From what I heard they're not selling it separately other than body kits at this point.

Well....they will sell the body kit, wing, and interior trim separate....but ya gotta buy the suspension and wheels together...so yer kinda right. lol

Honestly....if you're going to spend the money on the HFP suspension.....just get the Mugen coilovers....ALSO made for the EP....and MUCH better valving/spring rates.....for about the price of rims/tires/suspension (HFP)....and Honda is NOT known for having light wheels and supplying you with good tires. Go Mugen instead of HFP....IMO.

rlndia
07-19-2004, 09:48 PM
the point of the hfp suspension was to not void the warranty though. IF i was to be able to access just the suspension not the rims/tire, would it be a good investment?

DarkSiRacer
07-19-2004, 10:35 PM
if you wanna stick with honda and not void warranty then yes it is

redronin22
07-19-2004, 11:14 PM
Just get the Mugen suspension if u want hassle free good handling. How often do springs break? or shocks blow out? IMO its a waste to get the HFP anything. For the money you can buy much better aftermarket toys.

FattyMcJ
07-20-2004, 01:04 AM
the point of the hfp suspension was to not void the warranty though. IF i was to be able to access just the suspension not the rims/tire, would it be a good investment?

Ok...from an AutoXer's perspective with a 2004 EP3....

Yes. It's a worthwhile investment.....for the 04's.

Earlier years (02-03) NO. Get Mugen.

Why? Because the 04's suspension is a bit different, and if you know how to drive, you can get an 04 to act like a ballanced vehicle....instead of a 60F/40R weight distro. car. I haven't torn apart my suspension to find out what's different yet, but it's going to be soon. Trust me...after driving a stock 02 and a stock 04...THEY'RE DIFFERENT, and with MINOR suspension upgrades...you'll have just about the perfect set-up for the EP3. Obviously, Mugen would be better....but Honda put a LOT of time and thought into their suspension...and with 04...they got it right...well...better than it was.

If you have an earlier year EP3...GO MUGEN!!! MUGEN MUGEN MUGEN!!!!

HFP will NOT make a HUGE diff. in that car...but MUGEN WILL.

*Just to put this into perspective.....

(trk) on this site has the Mugen set-up in an 02, and I'm STOCK (straight off the lot 1k miles ago) in an 04. At the latest AutoX event, my first in this car, with STOCK TIRES (slicker than snot on a doorknob, IMO)...I was only a second off his times...and he's a MUCH better driver. WHY? We both agree that when his car was stock, it pushed....no PLOWED...through corners like a friggin' PIG....but mine, I was actually getting the car to ROTATE through corners (like a RWD car)...and I even got it on 3 wheels!!! (Pics to prove it) STOCK!!

To end this rant....lol....02-03 *Skip HFP...go straight to Mugen* 04 *HFP will be VERY nice....Mugen will be AWESOME, but not TOO much difference in valving and spring rates from the HFP*

(haha..all this post and I have NO idea what mods you've already done, and what year your car is, LMAO) Ah well....HOPE THAT HELPED!!! :D

FattyMcJ
07-20-2004, 01:07 AM
Just get the Mugen suspension if u want hassle free good handling. How often do springs break? or shocks blow out? IMO its a waste to get the HFP anything. For the money you can buy much better aftermarket toys.

All true.....except the "waste to get the HFP anything." part.

Yes...most of it is MINOR improvments, but for some reason....Honda puts a TON of time into engineering.....and I trust my motor/chassis/body/etc. ....so why wouldn't I trust their suspension? True..it's not going to be as good as Mugen/TEIN/JIC....but it IS an improvment.....almost ANYTHING is an improvment over stock. IMO

It all depends upon what you're going to be using the car for. Daily driver...stock/HFP is fine. AutoX/DD....HFP/Mugen/TEIN is good. Track ONLY....Mugen/TEIN/JIC/Moton (sp?)...but then again, why would you buy an EP3 for track only? lol

Dunrick
07-20-2004, 04:04 AM
04 only has better sway bars...nothing else -

don't get too excited

you need mugen just as much as 02-03's

ErikBrescher
07-20-2004, 05:12 AM
There is a difference between the stock '02 and the stock '04 suspension that goes beyond the rear sway bar. The strut/shock units are different part numbers, which does mean they have different designs... Honda has been busy upgrading them, mostly bc people keep blowing them. The '02-'03 struts have been superceded two times, in otherwords they have been redesigned twice, and the '04 has seen one redesign already (I have owned my '04 EP3 for 4 months and have blown three front struts; anyone else having problems with creaking front struts? thank god for warranty).

I fixed all of my problems this past weekend by putting on my HFP suspension/wheel package. Combined with an RSX type-S rear sway bar, I can't say enough good stuff about it!

FattyMcJ
07-20-2004, 01:31 PM
04 only has better sway bars...nothing else -

don't get too excited

you need mugen just as much as 02-03's

eeeeehhhhh....WRONG.

FattyMcJ
07-20-2004, 01:34 PM
There is a difference between the stock '02 and the stock '04 suspension that goes beyond the rear sway bar. The strut/shock units are different part numbers, which does mean they have different designs... Honda has been busy upgrading them, mostly bc people keep blowing them. The '02-'03 struts have been superceded two times, in otherwords they have been redesigned twice, and the '04 has seen one redesign already (I have owned my '04 EP3 for 4 months and have blown three front struts; anyone else having problems with creaking front struts? thank god for warranty).

I fixed all of my problems this past weekend by putting on my HFP suspension/wheel package. Combined with an RSX type-S rear sway bar, I can't say enough good stuff about it!

After talking with a few of the local Honda techs....they say that they've heard rumors of Honda's HFP suspension taking on the same valving as the A-Spec valving for the RSX-S. Which would explaing the "fixed all of my problems" with using the HFP. I just bought my 04 roughly 1k miles ago...(1 month) and I haven't had any problems with my struts. They seem a bit more firm than the other 02-03 stock shock guys in my car club (coloradoep3.com)...so I'm thinking that the DEFF. changed more than just sway bars... :cool: