PDA

View Full Version : Mugen was sold

NYSI
07-18-2004, 08:49 PM
I just read on a magazine that Mugen has been sold do to tax problems does anyone knows anything about this

GripR
07-18-2004, 09:33 PM
old as hell man, some other company bought it and is making parts and slapping mugen's name on there... the president did some tax evation shit or whatever, finally caught up to him... sad... that's why spoon is more popular than mugen right now...

BarracksSi
07-18-2004, 09:47 PM
As far as I've read, it was bought by a new company that's doing the managing portion. Everything else -- product R&D, manufacturing, etc -- is being done by the same people, so the parts should continue to not suck.

Rather frustrating & embarrassing to see this happen so close to Honda.

GripR
07-18-2004, 10:07 PM
i also think, mugen parts are way too over priced, example would be like their brake it, it's not even dual piston caliper and it's over 1k, spoon sports has 4 piston caliper and it's 1.5k

BarracksSi
07-18-2004, 10:12 PM
i also think, mugen parts are way too over priced

I pretty much agree. It's all quality stuff, but damn, there's got to be a limit.

On the other hand, if you have Mugen stuff, at least you won't see the same shit on every other EP you find.

GripR
07-18-2004, 10:44 PM
well uniqueness or not, i buy parts that are best bang for your buck. 1k for a single piston but slightly bigger than stock brake kit against a 1.5k 4 piston caliper which works 4 times better, i think the 4 piston caliper wins...

BarracksSi
07-18-2004, 11:00 PM
Yeah, can't argue with ya on that one.