PDA

View Full Version : Trip Odometer Dissapointment

SpacemanSpiff
07-10-2002, 05:36 AM
I was pretty impressed when I saw that we have 2 trip counters, trip A and trip B. So I said to myself "Self, we can use one to keep track of gas mileage and the other to keep track of oil changes!" But it was not to be because it looks like the trip odometers reset at 1000 miles!:mad:

DynaSpeed
07-10-2002, 05:57 AM
Valiant Effort though!http://www.probetalk.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_tup.gif

SiCivic2k2
07-10-2002, 06:16 AM
I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. :D

SBC31
07-10-2002, 06:29 AM
We have trip odometers, mmmm, was not aware of that. So how do you set them up, guess I should read the manual one day............nah, real men don't read manuals.:D

NetDragon
07-10-2002, 09:38 AM
I am such an f'ing geek! I took my manual to work and read it when ever I had free time. I know aaaaalll about my car. Read the manual cover to cover skipping the really obvious stuff, like how to start the car, but I did read the really importanst little thinks, talking about air bags, ABS, tire rotation, oil changes, warmup and breakin times/miles. With the exception of the guy that backed into me (resulting in a free Pioneer head unit for the car & pending repair at a body shop), I have been soooo good to my baby. Even wash it every Saturday, rain or shine. Er, but I will not wash it IN the rain.. heh (STAMP: CAR NERD)

i-WERKS
07-10-2002, 09:39 AM
Funny thing. Just today, I took my owners manual with me to work too. I'm going to read it later.

02TafWhtSi
07-10-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by NetDragon
Even wash it every Saturday, rain or shine. Er, but I will not wash it IN the rain.. heh (STAMP: CAR NERD)

I love washing my car in the rain!! You don't even have to use the hose! lol :D :D

NetDragon
07-10-2002, 04:19 PM
Whew, now I do not feel so bad! Haha! BTW has anybody noticed other civic hatch back owners oogling your 2K2 Si? Especially older Hatch Si owners? SOmetimes i just kinda look at them and do the "Sup." head thing. You know.. Couple time I get like a thumbs up or something. Hehehe. It is such a nice feeling. And if you have seen MIB II. Would you not say the Si is "The New Hotness." HAHA