PDA

View Full Version : ATT black SI and tinted windows owners

i-WERKS
07-10-2002, 07:24 AM
If you have a black SI or tinted windows, you know how time consuming it is to clean off the dust on your car a couple of days after washing and waxing. I've found a product called California Car Duster. It picks up the dust with out smearing it around. It's suppose to work better as it gets dirty. (so it said on the package.) It even works on the interior. I was amazed how well it worked. I got all the dust off my car in less than 2 minutes. Give it a try. I looks like this...

SBC31
07-10-2002, 07:42 AM
.....but wait, there's more, if you call now, you will also get this paper weight valued at $49.99 for FREE........, that's right at no extra charge.....lol!

I have tinted windows and my baby is silver. May look into this item, but then again I'm pretty cheap. How much was this thing???

DynaSpeed
07-10-2002, 07:52 AM
Mine was $29.99. And it does get better as you use it. It's really thick woolly stuff. You could prolly find one on Ebay for cheaper. For the black, I would definitely recommend it. But, for my silver, I haven't used it yet. It's kinda weird, but mine smells *horrible*. I think it's some type of oil in the wool.

And another thing to look for: the California Water Blade - $19.99. Fantastic squeegee for drying. Doesn't scratch - been using it for years. Cuts drying time in

i-WERKS
07-10-2002, 07:54 AM
I got it for $28 tax included at Canadian Tire. I was pretty impressed. Wait a minute. I didn't get a paper weight! j/k

stingyboy
07-10-2002, 09:18 AM
cool, but why won't this work on my silver Si? :confused:

;)

i-WERKS
07-10-2002, 09:40 AM
I'm not saying it won't work on silver. The dust isn't as noticable on lighter colored cars as it is on black.

02TafWhtSi
07-10-2002, 01:57 PM
Its just supposed to be used to remove dust only? I've seen these things in PepBoys but always wondered they actually did.

DynaSpeed
07-10-2002, 05:39 PM
Yeah, you know how after you wash it, you get dust and pollen all over it. Not enough to wash, but enough to notice that it doesn't have that wet-look shine. That's what it takes off.

And for the silver and white owners, I wouldn't recommend actually buying it with hard-earned money. You really won't be able to tell on the light-colored cars how dusty they are. (Unless you're a hard-core detailer, then cool).

IceD out N CALI
07-10-2002, 06:59 PM
yup i got one, thanks for the reminder i gotta dust it off tonite before it gets dark

FourJays
07-10-2002, 07:37 PM
Been using one for years. Used it alot on my '00 Firebird WS6. I've seen some guys use it at shows on $10,000 paint jobs. The key is just let the ends of the duster touch the paint - don't just press it down flat and sweep.

Mr.02BlackSIguY
07-10-2002, 08:56 PM
i have one.. cost around 20 bucks. works good though.

Scivichatch02
07-10-2002, 10:51 PM
my dumb ass friend took mine and ran it through his interior that was covered in armoral so now mine smears armoral all over my car :mad:

SmoothOperator
07-11-2002, 02:11 PM
I used to have one back when I lived with my parents. My dad decided to use it one day to wash his car...soap and water. It was ruined and haven't bothered with them since.

02TafWhtSi
07-11-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
I used to have one back when I lived with my parents. My dad decided to use it one day to wash his car...soap and water. It was ruined and haven't bothered with them since.

LOL - Ohhh man thats funny.... no offense to your Dad though, I probably would've done the same thing.:D