PDA

View Full Version : decrease dry time for waxing

pLopSI
07-20-2004, 11:39 AM
I was thinking of zaino-ing my car today. I did it once before, but the drying time for this stuff is freakin long, especially since Massachusetts has such high humidity.

So I was wondering if it would be a good idea to blow dry the stuff to get it to dry faster?

parkjehhyun
05-30-2008, 06:56 PM
hahah it's a good idea but instead of a blowdryer, try a FAN. :mbiggrin:

just set up a few fans around all angles if you can and let it sit while you go grab a drink or something.

it'll help too if you were indoors. despite what it may seem, if you leave the fan on outdoors, it might just blow flying debris or dirt onto your car.

just zaino it, move it indoors and let it get some airflow =].

nrengle
05-31-2008, 11:28 AM
+1

Also I know this is hard to do in any area of our country now, but try to avoid waxing on Humid days because of the drying time issue. The higher the humidty the longer it will take, same when it's cold, won't cure right...

Also be careful using polishes on high humidity days. It can cause them to gum up, and you'll just induce more marring possibly.

powdbyrice
06-05-2008, 09:11 AM
with fans, you risk blowing dust onto the car. then when you buff the wax off, you risk scratching the car.

crhatch02
06-05-2008, 09:23 AM
i always use a leaf blower

oogy-boogy
06-05-2008, 09:46 AM
i always use a leaf blower

^^

I have been doing the same for years. Works great...

crhatch02
06-05-2008, 09:20 PM
^^

I have been doing the same for years. Works great...

fo sho.....I work at an animal hospital and we use these really powerful blowers to dry dogs after bathes....this thing dries my car like a dream

mormonboy
06-11-2008, 03:07 AM
word. humidity is a bitch. i'd be weary of the leaf blower idea as dust n shit will definitely stick to the wax. n you dont want that.

maybe a fan set to medium or something would prolly help decrease dry time by a bit.

oogy-boogy
06-11-2008, 04:34 AM
word. humidity is a bitch. i'd be weary of the leaf blower idea as dust n shit will definitely stick to the wax. n you dont want that.

maybe a fan set to medium or something would prolly help decrease dry time by a bit.

You use it to dry the car after washing. It's not used to dry the wax.:dizzy: