PDA

View Full Version : parking lot disaster :-( ...*read if you have an extra stock 2k2 si wheel*

ApexinSi
11-04-2002, 08:12 PM
So I haven't posted anything in a long ass time...but my friends I have news..bad news but it's something to post.....on my way to work some lady runs into the front driverside of my car while I was making my way accross a 4-way stop. so we pull to the side and I find out she's driving someone elses car that doesn't have insurance, nor can speak english. my front bumper is a little ripped and my rim is all scuffed up...I get her address and phone number.. ....then after playing phone tag she tells me she's going to try to find a rim for me from her friend..and he quoted her $500... And get this..the whole time she keeps saying that we were both at fault, what b/s... i'm kicking myself in the ass cause i should have just called the police....but then i'd have to pay a deductable for uninsured motorist on my insurance since that guy didn't have any..no witnesses and the lady already started denying it..and doesn't sound like she wants to pay for everything...
REally really sucks

anyone got a stock 2k2 rim for sale? or know if a wheel repair shop can fill gashes and paint back to stock?.....also...anyone know what kind of damage can happen if someone runs into your wheel..i noticed my steering wheel has to be turned slightly to the right for the car to go strait.. i'm guessing alignment?..someone.. HeLP!!! :o

LordKoo
11-04-2002, 08:16 PM
File a police report for hit and run first. This way you can sue her if you want to. I am sure the police can tell who hit who first.

ApexinSi
11-04-2002, 08:18 PM
is it too late to call the police?

IceD out N CALI
11-04-2002, 09:56 PM
that sucks.if it is only a wheel and the bumper, u may be better off jus taking care of it yourself, but if its more than that then maybe you could use a claim. reason why i say this is cuz your insurance rates might go up a lot if u use a claim.

cbecker333
11-04-2002, 10:05 PM
When I drove a bonneville, I hit a curb once with the wheel turned the left completely, while the car was sliding through the turn. Both front wheels hit the curb HARD. That car was fwd. I noticed damage to one front wheel (steel wheels), turns out both front wheels were damaged and warped. I'm not sure if this is as much of an issue with stronger alloy wheels that come stock on our EPs. I think the alignment had to be re-checked and adjusted...I spent $500 on repairs as a result of this foolishness.