PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Club N+

the JigGa mAn
04-17-2008, 06:58 AM
ive decided to get Buddy Club N+ coilovers...i just wanted to know what else would be needed? i know camber kit but do i need front and rear?

ep_hatcher_510
04-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Get both front and rear.

the JigGa mAn
04-18-2008, 11:11 AM
which ones are recomended?

ep_hatcher_510
04-18-2008, 11:40 AM
which ones are recomended?

I like the ingalls ones

If your car is mostly DD get the rubber ones (also cheaper) instead of the poly. ones to avoid terrible squeaking.

27rocks
04-18-2008, 11:43 AM
yea just get a camber kit... take it and get it aligned right after you instal everything and you should be good to go.

the JigGa mAn
04-18-2008, 01:34 PM
I like the ingalls ones

If your car is mostly DD get the rubber ones (also cheaper) instead of the poly. ones to avoid terrible squeaking.

what about the SPC ones? are those good?

ep_hatcher_510
04-18-2008, 01:39 PM
what about the SPC ones? are those good?

yep they are fine too, i just recommended ingalls because they seem to look beefier then others and i have them :biggrin:

the JigGa mAn
04-18-2008, 01:44 PM
sounds good to me, they are cheaper than the spc ones anyway

Siborg
04-18-2008, 01:56 PM
you will also need DC5 tie rod ends(since they are made for the type-r). I have the racing spec on my 03. and my brake lines are zip tied also since there are no brackets to mount to.

the JigGa mAn
04-18-2008, 02:52 PM
you will also need DC5 tie rod ends(since they are made for the type-r). I have the racing spec on my 03. and my brake lines are zip tied also since there are no brackets to mount to.

i believe they make them for the ep3 si as well, and i was reading that the new ones come with a bracket for the abs line

ep_hatcher_510
04-18-2008, 03:02 PM

BC have a ep3 version, you got the dc5 version and the new ones comes with the brackets for the brake lines now.

frankdogg
04-18-2008, 07:48 PM
yeah buddy club makes usdm ep3 specific now. I have the N+ and they are just ok.

make sure you properly adjust and set the preload in the rear, you can't just throw them on. also make sure the tops are on nice and tight too.

the JigGa mAn
04-18-2008, 09:24 PM
yeah buddy club makes usdm ep3 specific now. I have the N+ and they are just ok.

make sure you properly adjust and set the preload in the rear, you can't just throw them on. also make sure the tops are on nice and tight too.

ugh, not something i wanted to read..."just ok" :(

how do i properly adjust and set the preload in the rear?

Siborg
04-19-2008, 03:08 AM

Oh ok, I've had mine awhile now. they are ep specific but ukdm/jdm(ctr). I really like the racing spec though and the people I know with the N+ wish they would have paid the extra cash for the pillow mounts and dampning. My only dislikes are the no bracket for brake lines and the lack of ease in adjusting rear hieghth.

civictype_r04
04-19-2008, 08:39 AM
Oh ok, I've had mine awhile now. they are ep specific but ukdm/jdm(ctr). I really like the racing spec though and the people I know with the N+ wish they would have paid the extra cash for the pillow mounts and dampning. My only dislikes are the no bracket for brake lines and the lack of ease in adjusting rear hieghth.

I agree with you but the pillow mounts are a waste of money and the new brackets come with the abs line.

SoleLive
04-19-2008, 10:06 AM
There was a DIY N+ thread on clubrsx I think. It showed how to preload them and had very good pics to go with it. I'll try to find it, but I know it was on the old server :mrolleyes:

civictype_r04
04-20-2008, 10:07 AM
I say get the skunk2 rear camber kit I love it the front is a waste of money you dont need them the stock will work fine.