PDA

View Full Version : Creaking sound?

itsanep3
04-18-2008, 11:25 AM
Ok, so I'm gonna give this another try. I posted the day the site went down, so I don't know what kind of responses I got. Anyways, I have this weird creaking sound coming from the floorboard when I come to a stop or accerelate from a stop. It also does it when turning into parking spaces and such. I thought maybe it could be my steering rack, but everyone says you can feel vibration in the steering wheel, but I can't. When it starts creaking, I can feel vibration in the clutch and brake pedals, though. I have H&R springs and Tokico blues. Anyone know what this could be?

oldschoolimport
04-18-2008, 11:26 AM
is it the clutch master cylinder? mine does that.

!@#$%
04-18-2008, 11:30 AM
How old is your rear camber kit? (if you have one)

I have creaking coming from my rear ...the car... and I've had some ideas of rigging up a grease canal system for the camber kit. I'll be either undertaking this idea and/or buying a new kit altogether sometime in May. Of course my bushings are a good 5 years old.

itsanep3
04-18-2008, 11:35 AM
is it the clutch master cylinder? mine does that.

Not sure, the sound is coming from the floor.

itsanep3
04-18-2008, 11:35 AM
How old is your rear camber kit? (if you have one)

I have creaking coming from my rear ...the car... and I've had some ideas of rigging up a grease canal system for the camber kit. I'll be either undertaking this idea and/or buying a new kit altogether sometime in May. Of course my bushings are a good 5 years old.

I don't have a camber kit. The sound is coming from the front in the floorboard.

!@#$%
04-18-2008, 11:43 AM
It's the spring in your clutch master cylinder rubbing on the inside when you push the clutch pedal.

If you look on underside of the clutch pedal, you will see a nut. Loosen that and turn the rod about 1/4 of a turn either way and see if the noise goes away. Be sure to retighten that nut. It takes about 5 mins to do.

itsanep3
04-18-2008, 11:45 AM
It's the spring in your clutch master cylinder rubbing on the inside when you push the clutch pedal.

If you look on underside of the clutch pedal, you will see a nut. Loosen that and turn the rod about 1/4 of a turn either way and see if the noise goes away. Be sure to retighten that nut. It takes about 5 mins to do.

I might try that for the heck of it, but I don't think that is causing the problem. When I am braking, it will be creaking even without the clutch pedal pressed.

27rocks
04-18-2008, 11:46 AM
it might be your springs or your steering rack..you have to remember that vibration and noise can travel though the chassi so what you hear might actually be coming frome somewhere you dont expect it. i would say you just get the car up in the air and take a look at everything under there.

itsanep3
04-18-2008, 11:58 AM
it might be your springs or your steering rack..you have to remember that vibration and noise can travel though the chassi so what you hear might actually be coming frome somewhere you dont expect it. i would say you just get the car up in the air and take a look at everything under there.

Yea, I'm thinking it's the steering rack too. I just want to see what everyone else thinks before I make assumptions.:washing:

civsirmt
04-19-2008, 03:38 AM
sound like a sterring rack to me, mine does the same thing when the front raises and dives during acceleration and breaking.

itsanep3
04-19-2008, 01:20 PM
sound like a sterring rack to me, mine does the same thing when the front raises and dives during acceleration and breaking.

That's exactly what mine is doing. But, what threw me off was from what I hear, you will get vibrations in the steering wheel, which I'm not getting.

itsanep3
05-07-2008, 08:13 AM
Just to let everyone know, the creaking I was hearing was my subframe. Apparantely, I didn't torque my bolts down all the way, so it was causing it to creak. I torqued them down and the creaking is gone. Thanks everyone for the help.