this happen today
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll102/doingyeyo/100_0345.jpg
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll102/doingyeyo/100_0344.jpg

az-epdrvr
04-18-2008, 04:50 PM
lol:loco:

DarkSiRacer
04-18-2008, 05:14 PM
That accord musta been rollin on some volks... poor volks...

Iono Wheel Locks?

supercivician
04-18-2008, 05:22 PM
they were stock rims and couple days ago i saw the owner brought some new rims from the honda stealership. i wonder if he got wheel locks this time

MR.Pizza
04-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Weld the rims to the hub.:yo:

ep3 604
04-18-2008, 07:50 PM
haha thats hilarious. I've seen that happen to a benz before.

supercivician
04-18-2008, 11:32 PM
there were also a hummer and a g35 with really nice rims on them, idk if they were stolen or the owner just took them off so they wont be stolen.

liquid cooled
04-19-2008, 07:32 AM
Glock 17, problem solved they are going to technically have a weapon with a tire iron. Just say they ran at you.

Wheel locks wouldnt hurt either.

supercivician
04-19-2008, 08:13 AM
Glock 17, problem solved they are going to technically have a weapon with a tire iron. Just say they ran at you.

Wheel locks wouldnt hurt either.

THAT -ish doesnt work, all they is a hammer

liquid cooled
04-19-2008, 10:37 AM
^ Ya but 90% of thieves are lazy bastards ( I deal with them on a daily basis), You cant make anything theft proof. However you can deter them by making it harder for them. Things like wheel locks, alarms, etc make it harder for them and more likely to draw attention to themselves.

That being said 90% of them are complete dumbasses to begin with so logic doesnt always work with the morons.

Also I forgot to add Glock 17 and a paging alarm and your good to go.

clutch797
04-19-2008, 01:39 PM
true that, if your gunna shoot someone make sure you hit them in the front i.e. chest and make sure they have some kind of weapon.

ohdamngetit
04-19-2008, 02:16 PM
yeah dude, a shot to the chest and than place a rock or something in the thiefs hand and BAM! your good or atleast I hope ^_^

Only thing I can think of has already been typed....

alarm and wheel locks

supercivician
04-20-2008, 12:36 AM
is there a kit out in the market with a current going through your steering wheel that shock them when ever someone tries to steal it

4angrybadgers
04-20-2008, 02:23 AM
is there a kit out in the market with a current going through your steering wheel that shock them when ever someone tries to steal it
Check your local and state laws on defending your property before you start booby-trapping your stuff. I'm pretty sure it's illegal anywhere in the US. And besides, all you'd do is piss off the thief, and he/she might just decide to trash your car in revenge. It would be ineffective as a deterrent.

To answer the original question, wheel locks would prevent at least the casual thieves. Yes, a determined thief can get past any security system or anti-theft device, but you can make it so hard that they'll look elsewhere. The only way to 100% prevent all theft is to lock it up in a fortress with armed guards.

Aug
04-20-2008, 02:56 AM
Proximity and Mercury sensors on a decent alarm. Also go for 2 or 3 different kinds of wheel locks, that's what I used to do on my ep

benkieboy
04-20-2008, 04:51 AM
use blackies! i dont know if thieves like to steal them

supercivician
04-20-2008, 12:06 PM
this is my other car 2003 civic dx. those fcukers broke the window and tried to steal the cheap sony head unit but they didnt know how to so they just left with the face plate on the passage side floor. they took the cheap cobra radar. my ep was parked right next to my civic dx. im about to move. i wake up every morning afraid something goin to happen.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll102/doingyeyo/100_0345.jpg
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll102/doingyeyo/100_0344.jpg

bdooley
04-20-2008, 01:25 PM
if they want it bad enough they will get it lug locks will help but most people now a days have all the keys for them.

eroc206
04-20-2008, 03:56 PM
Get 5 diffrent types of lugnuts sets, they might still steal them but at least it will take longer to take off the wheels.

HappiChild
04-21-2008, 11:57 AM
stay away from bad neighborhood. and neochros.
http://www.optionimports.com/kiprr40neoch.html

az-epdrvr
04-21-2008, 12:02 PM
that kind of crap happened when i lived in LOS ANGELES, but here in AZ no problems. sucks bro i feel you:mfrown:

Evil J
04-21-2008, 12:55 PM
I had my EP3 busted into a few months ago. Thing is, it was in my apartment's parking lot, I had nothing of value in it (literally a handful of burned CDs that weren't in plain sight). Guess my car just looks like It'd have something worth stealing in it.

What pissed me off is that they "overhanded" whatever they were using to break in (which just tears the glass, doesn't shatter it) and hit the door causing body damage. Then they did it "right" by using a side swing and broke in. Rummaged through everything, didn't find anything and left.

On one hand, I was pissed because that was $200 out of pocket versus $50 (the body damage versus glass repair), on the other I was kinda glad seeing as they went to all the trouble of breaking in and got squat.

I've had my car broken into before (that time they used a slim jim) a year before and they found a stashed (but legal) .380 pistol. That one hurt because it belonged to my father and secondly, I hate the thought of a criminal being out there with a pistol because I was careless enough not to bring it in and relied on hiding it.

Evil J
04-21-2008, 01:00 PM
To answer your original question though...

Very little will prevent a determined thief. Wheel thieves are especially hard to deter in that they usually come prepared with whatever they need to get your wheels, so whether you have locks, spline lugs, whatever, they're probably ready for it. Case in point, looking at the Accord... you think there were just cinderblocks sitting nearby?

As for alarms... I dunno. I always think about how I react when I hear a car alarm: Jesus, I wish someone would shut that off (not "Oh man, I bet a car is getting broken into"). Pager alarms are a little better, and no offense, but the guys talking about using deadly force...

I'm a CHL carrier. I have a .45 ACP that I carry with me whenever legally allowed. Even if I had a pager alarm, I dunno that I'd risk my life for someone breaking into my car, or kill someone for breaking into my car. Just seems... I dunno, kinda dumb. In Texas, it's totally legal, but legal and right aren't always the same thing.

I figure I got insurance for a reason. I carry the .45 not to protect property, but to protect life, so if they feel like breaking into my car, paying a $200 deductible is not worth killing someone or getting killed.

Now, if they're coming into my house... different story altogether.

SPAM&RICE
04-21-2008, 01:06 PM
autopage alarm just for a piece of mind. and survalance cameras if possible. hatters beware of the bat to the dome:gossip:

Jsoto517
04-21-2008, 02:00 PM
the thing i would do is keep my car in plain sight were a ton of people walk by and at night keep it next to my window so i can hear my alarm. I had a 94 civic almost broken into and i used this tactic and it worked i rolled over in my sleep in a split second and just caught the bastard before the caward started running away i f**ken yelled at the bastard i quote " YOU MOTHER F**KER" i swear that guy could run. If i would have caugt him, i dont no about everyone else but i hate those people and when my blood pumps that fast i can do things i dont even imagine and no i wouldnt kill the bastard but i would give him or them a good ass kicking and i can almost promise you they wont be back. As for my 94 coupe never been messed with since then.

But yeah theaves suck they almost got my bros ep back home, he was at work and decided to park in a non lit area and it was behind a building. when he got home he realised he had new scratches by his window and plastic he was soo pissed off and so was I. he even has a pager alarm and lock lugs.

As for insurance they suck! the only way i see my full coverage insurance helping me out is when i get pulled over or into an accident. as for my car being stolen i could see any bastard agent finding any way to not pay me for my stolen items.

ps sorry for spelling and gramar errors never really liked english:mbiggrin:

Evil J
04-21-2008, 02:09 PM
As for insurance they suck! the only way i see my full coverage insurance helping me out is when i get pulled over or into an accident. as for my car being stolen i could see any bastard agent finding any way to not pay me for my stolen items.

Yeah, you're right about that. My agent even told me when they fixed everything that it was good that nothing was taken because anything not permanently affixed in the car wasn't covered. In other words, if they would have taken a solid gold brick out of the back of the car, I would have been shit out of luck.

My best advice when it comes to preventing theft is this: Don't make it worth their time. That's hard to do with our cars sometimes (as I said, I had nothing visible in my car and they still busted in twice) because they fit the profile of someone who'd have a great sound system or whatever...

In any case, I got zero sympathy for some of the people I've heard having their cars "broken into" or stolen when they made it an easy choice for the bad guy. People who leave laptops on their front seats, GPS units on their dashes, convertible tops down, etc.

I once heard of a guy getting his brand new Mustang GT convertible stolen. Guy left the keys in the ignition, top down, and then is shocked that someone took his car.

supercivician
04-21-2008, 05:12 PM
I had my EP3 busted into a few months ago. Thing is, it was in my apartment's parking lot, I had nothing of value in it (literally a handful of burned CDs that weren't in plain sight). Guess my car just looks like It'd have something worth stealing in it.

What pissed me off is that they "overhanded" whatever they were using to break in (which just tears the glass, doesn't shatter it) and hit the door causing body damage. Then they did it "right" by using a side swing and broke in. Rummaged through everything, didn't find anything and left.

On one hand, I was pissed because that was $200 out of pocket versus $50 (the body damage versus glass repair), on the other I was kinda glad seeing as they went to all the trouble of breaking in and got squat.

I've had my car broken into before (that time they used a slim jim) a year before and they found a stashed (but legal) .380 pistol. That one hurt because it belonged to my father and secondly, I hate the thought of a criminal being out there with a pistol because I was careless enough not to bring it in and relied on hiding it.

when those fcuker broke into my ep couple years ago...i loss about $1500

500 for deducible and 1000 worth of shrit

supercivician
04-21-2008, 05:14 PM
To answer your original question though...

Very little will prevent a determined thief. Wheel thieves are especially hard to deter in that they usually come prepared with whatever they need to get your wheels, so whether you have locks, spline lugs, whatever, they're probably ready for it. Case in point, looking at the Accord... you think there were just cinderblocks sitting nearby?

As for alarms... I dunno. I always think about how I react when I hear a car alarm: Jesus, I wish someone would shut that off (not "Oh man, I bet a car is getting broken into"). Pager alarms are a little better, and no offense, but the guys talking about using deadly force...

I'm a CHL carrier. I have a .45 ACP that I carry with me whenever legally allowed. Even if I had a pager alarm, I dunno that I'd risk my life for someone breaking into my car, or kill someone for breaking into my car. Just seems... I dunno, kinda dumb. In Texas, it's totally legal, but legal and right aren't always the same thing.

I figure I got insurance for a reason. I carry the .45 not to protect property, but to protect life, so if they feel like breaking into my car, paying a $200 deductible is not worth killing someone or getting killed.

Now, if they're coming into my house... different story altogether.

i hate to sterotype but do a lot of people in texas carry guns with them

supercivician
04-21-2008, 05:16 PM
i just check the price for a viper 750 2 way alarm system with other accessories came up to be $600 at autoimage. anyone has a better idea or a better deal else where?

Princess
04-21-2008, 05:32 PM
Here in SF homeless crackheads walk around with bricks and they look in the car, and if they like anything, maybe just your bottle of water even, they throw the brick through your window and then grab what they want then they move to the next car. It costs them nothing to break into cars and almost no effort. If your water bottle was empty they move to the next car and try to steal that one. If you have a bag in your car or CDs... you are really screwed and they will break in even faster.

Good times.

EPandaman29
04-23-2008, 01:42 PM
pager alarm, different wheel locks, park inside a garage, and 24 hour watch guards with automatic weapons. thats about it.

Evil J
04-23-2008, 03:10 PM
i hate to sterotype but do a lot of people in texas carry guns with them

Not as many as you'd think, and it's not as easy to do so as you'd probably think. I do it because I'm the type of guy who likes to think that if things get physical, I'd rather settle it man to man. A few years back, I got myself into a bad situation, had my life threatened by a few people, and realized that not everyone believes the way I do, that things should be settled without violence first, but if violence is necessary, that it should be done without weapons.

It was then that I decided that I would legally provide myself with a way to get out of a life-threatening situation by whatever means necessary. There is honor, courage, and bravery, but none of that matters if you're up against a chickenshit with something as small as a .22 or as big as a 12-gauge.

So, I got my concealed carry license, and I'll be honest, I didn't carry it on a regular basis. Two things in the news changed my mind (and one of them wasn't VA Tech). The first was a guy down here who intentionally crashed his car, and when people came up to check on him, he used a shotgun on them. Four guys walked up (unaware of this) and he fired once, and they all got away because one of the four was a licensed carrier and fired back. He didn't hit the guy, but provided enough cover for them to escape.

The second thing was that mall shooting up in the Midwest where the "troubled teen" with the AK-47 started picking people off.

I'm not gonna act like I'm a superhero or Chow Yun Fat over here (though the "fat" applies), but I'd rather have a sporting chance if some psycho decides to try and kill me when I'm a complete innocent...

That said, we do have what's called the Castle Doctrine down here in Texas that allows you to use deadly force to protect life and property, and it even extends to "anywhere you would reasonably expect personal safety" i.e. your car. You've got a lot of guys out there both licensed and unlicensed talking about how they're gonna blow the first motherfucker away that screws with them or their property, and I say... shit, I'll pay a deductible before taking human life.

I carry to protect life (even if it costs some bad guy theirs), not property, and I'd not bluster about doing so for a vehicle break-in.

I guess it's because in my line of work I've dealt with thieves for five years. I get them, I get the motivation, and while it was a pain in the ass to get my stuff fixed after that most recent break-in, I don't get the sense of violation and anger that other people do about it. Yeah, it's a pain in the ass, and it sucked to pay the cash because some fuckhead was too lazy to earn a living and has to be a leech on society, but I'm not going all "Death Wish" on them for it.

Evil J
04-23-2008, 03:16 PM
BTW, I don't mean to imply any judgment on anyone here.

I felt the same way until I started carrying on a regular basis. Carrying an instrument of death should make you realize the preciousness of life and be aware of the enormity of the responsibility riding on your hip... or wherever you carry it.

I've been in situations where it would have been easy to draw it to scare the other person, but I've handled it diplomatically because I realize what it is to be a part of armed citizenry where your objective should be to keep the public peace, not be a "billy bad-ass" causing trouble.

Just my $0.02 on the matter.

supercivician
04-24-2008, 05:47 AM
pager alarm, different wheel locks, park inside a garage, and 24 hour watch guards with automatic weapons. thats about it.

you forgot the guard dog inside the car

supercivician
04-24-2008, 05:52 AM
BTW, I don't mean to imply any judgment on anyone here.

I felt the same way until I started carrying on a regular basis. Carrying an instrument of death should make you realize the preciousness of life and be aware of the enormity of the responsibility riding on your hip... or wherever you carry it.

I've been in situations where it would have been easy to draw it to scare the other person, but I've handled it diplomatically because I realize what it is to be a part of armed citizenry where your objective should be to keep the public peace, not be a "billy bad-ass" causing trouble.

Just my $0.02 on the matter.

may i ask you what you do on a daily basis.

xsimplistikaznx
04-24-2008, 11:11 AM
dude those pics suck. reminds me of the days i had an ODYSSEY when it 1st came out. bastards egged it everytime and broke into it stealing my CDs and change in the glovebox. on top of it, they smashed my windows b/c i had liquor in it :mcry: not dissing the hood, but s*** i was in THE HOOD

Tnhatch03
04-24-2008, 11:15 AM
put an anaconda in your car.

epshtielsl
04-24-2008, 11:25 AM
i just check the price for a viper 750 2 way alarm system with other accessories came up to be $600 at autoimage. anyone has a better idea or a better deal else where?

I used to work at Best Buy and I know with the discount I can get the viper alarm system for about $175 (doesn't include installation). I don't work there anymore but I know almost everyone in the store and can still get the hook up.

Evil J
04-24-2008, 12:08 PM
may i ask you what you do on a daily basis.

I'm actually an office worker now, the short answer is "security analyst".

Before, I was in the field and dealt with unsavory people, but that's not what really got me into dutch. Let's just say that I got "involved" with someone I really really shouldn't have.

Kodeen
04-24-2008, 01:04 PM

Yeah, you're right about that. My agent even told me when they fixed everything that it was good that nothing was taken because anything not permanently affixed in the car wasn't covered. In other words, if they would have taken a solid gold brick out of the back of the car, I would have been shit out of luck.

Loose items in the car are usually covered by either homeowner's or renter's insurance (whatever is applicable) if the car is parked on the property of the residence. If you're in a parking lot at the mall or something like that, then yeah, you're kind of SOL.

Evil J
04-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Loose items in the car are usually covered by either homeowner's or renter's insurance (whatever is applicable) if the car is parked on the property of the residence. If you're in a parking lot at the mall or something like that, then yeah, you're kind of SOL.

That's true. I forgot about that...

Mugensi03
04-25-2008, 02:34 AM
i read most of the comments and all i can say is wheel locks, alarm and personally a fuel cut off switch is the best way to keep your car in your possession. bullet proof glass helps(no broken windows) shaved door handels, and a kick ass guard dog.

supercivician
04-25-2008, 04:35 AM
i read most of the comments and all i can say is wheel locks, alarm and personally a fuel cut off switch is the best way to keep your car in your possession. bullet proof glass helps(no broken windows) shaved door handels, and a kick ass guard dog.

i have thougth about a quick release steering wheel but no air bag.
also thougth about a battery cut off switch but we used to have a thread before the melt down mentioned bad things about it.

Stanz0r
04-26-2008, 06:54 PM
There is nothing you can do to keep someone from stealing or breaking into your car if they are determined to do so.

1. Park in a well lit area where people will be around.
Not saying this will stop someone, but when you're parked in front of a mall where people will be walking by every minute or so it's a lot less of a target as compared to a car parked well in the back of the lot in an obscure location.

2. Keep it garaged.
It's not easy to see what you've got or if it's a worthwhile target.

3. Buy a pager alarm.
Face it, so many people have car alarms that go off way too easily. Most people ignore them now, I know I do half the time. At least with a pager system you know your alarm is going off.

4. Don't show off. E.g. don't advertise.
Don't have your system blaring everytime you drive in your neighborhood. That just means people know you have something worth stealing.

5. Hide anything of value.
Even if it means hiding it in your trunk. If I was a thief and I saw lots of shiny objects, a purse, ipod, etc. laying in your car, I'd much rather break in it compared to a car with just a stock headunit and nothing of value laying in sight. This also includes removing your face plate or having a stealth headunit.

6. Wheel locks.
They will slow down a well prepared thief, but they will not stop them.

7. Kill switch.
Again this will at least slow the thief down unless they have a tow truck.

8. Lock your doors.
What is one second of your time as compared to the time it took to purchase and install your stereo?

There are other options to help deter a thief, but these are the basics.

Breakep3
04-26-2008, 08:13 PM
Great tips stanz0r, I have had two head units stolen from me (one with my celica rip, the other from my ep3) and I was starting to get really pissed. My insurance company payed for both but I decided to make it a little more harder to do.

Upon installation of my new headunit I I put razor blades and double sided tape on the back of the cd drive. When they reach their hand back to pull it, it will give him a few good cuts. And when I mean a few, I mean about 12 really deep cuts.

=)

jdmrace1
04-27-2008, 10:38 PM
put an anaconda in your car.

lol.

ALL MotoR Ep3
04-28-2008, 07:49 AM
Proximity and Mercury sensors on a decent alarm. Also go for 2 or 3 different kinds of wheel locks, that's what I used to do on my ep

Word...Get Viper Alarm w/ pager & tilt,motion and glass sensor....and you would definitely been aware.....and once they see the alarm they might of thought twice before doing it.....

4angrybadgers
04-28-2008, 08:32 AM
IMO, proximity sensors are more of an annoyance than useful. Every system I've seen with prox sensors (granted, I haven't seen a lot) was way too sensitive and would go off in any crowded parking lot. And of course, nobody bothers to investigate a car alarm going off, so unless you're there to check on it, it won't do much against a determined thief...

Evil J
04-28-2008, 10:34 AM
That's my biggest beef about car alarms... unless you're the one listening for it, no one else cares.

Pager alarms are different, of course, but even then I question "what you're gonna do"... so you know your car is getting busted into... going to run out and scare them off like they're stray dogs?

No thanks.

Don't get me wrong, I hate people who do this shit, but in some cases, I do think about it as being why I have full-coverage insurance on every car.

iLLoGiCaL
04-28-2008, 01:44 PM
get a 2way alarm system

!@#$%
04-28-2008, 01:52 PM
just get some NRA stickers and put them on the car. I bet they will think twice.

ALL MotoR Ep3
04-28-2008, 01:59 PM
That's my biggest beef about car alarms... unless you're the one listening for it, no one else cares.

Pager alarms are different, of course, but even then I question "what you're gonna do"... so you know your car is getting busted into... going to run out and scare them off like they're stray dogs?

No thanks.

Don't get me wrong, I hate people who do this shit, but in some cases, I do think about it as being why I have full-coverage insurance on every car.

Pager alarms give you a warning of whats happening if a theif knows somebody is alerted and coming or probably calling the cops cause their scared like you...i dont think they would get away with all that stuff that was missing like the rims...they could probably broke windows but your gonna honestly tell me your gonna honestly not doing if someone is jacking up your car and taking off your wheels you might as well come out and help them take it off then call insurance and report it....

Fallout
04-28-2008, 06:23 PM
Great tips stanz0r, I have had two head units stolen from me (one with my celica rip, the other from my ep3) and I was starting to get really pissed. My insurance company payed for both but I decided to make it a little more harder to do.

Upon installation of my new headunit I I put razor blades and double sided tape on the back of the cd drive. When they reach their hand back to pull it, it will give him a few good cuts. And when I mean a few, I mean about 12 really deep cuts.

=)

HAHA.. booby traps FTW! What's your plan for the huge blood stain on your rug afterward? lol

v1c10us
04-28-2008, 06:31 PM
I reccommend getting a different lug nut for each stud.
http://www.ptcruiserclubstore.com/catalog/images/images_big/tuner_lugnuts.jpg
i've got those lugnuts and i dont know anyone else with those and the key is very unique so its not likely they will have the right key for them.
and if you get 4 different kinds they will need all 4 keys to get them off.

a 2 way alarm with proximity and tilt sensors is good too.
that way it goes off unless they jack up all 4 sides in perfect unison.
and it goes beep beep when your close to it.

whatisthis
04-28-2008, 10:46 PM
i keep a friend close. like this.
http://consumermaven.files.wordpress.com/2006/12/mossbergm590a1.jpg

Evil J
04-30-2008, 07:37 AM
Pager alarms give you a warning of whats happening if a theif knows somebody is alerted and coming or probably calling the cops cause their scared like you...i dont think they would get away with all that stuff that was missing like the rims...they could probably broke windows but your gonna honestly tell me your gonna honestly not doing if someone is jacking up your car and taking off your wheels you might as well come out and help them take it off then call insurance and report it....

Read my posts above. I carry a .45. I'm not "scared" of a thief, but I kinda think dying and/or killing someone over a vehicle burglary is stupid. I also know thieves (on a professional level deal with them on a daily basis) and know that alarms and locks do fuck-all to deter them. Thieves LITERALLY do not care if people know what they're doing or if someone is coming. Most of them are criminals of other varieties, and personally, yeah, I'd rather pay a $150 comprehensive deductible to fix whatever damage they do than get killed or kill someone over it.

My point is this: I carry a deadly weapon legally. I know when I'm allowed to use it. Property is allowed to be protected by deadly force, but having carried it and understanding the responsibility of carrying such, I will "honestly tell you honestly" that I'm not about to go shoot someone over a set of rims, nor will I get shot over them. It's stupid and idiotic, and you're letting emotion get the better of you if you think that's how you're going to act.

Most of this "I'd cap someone for bussin in my car" stuff is bullshit internet bluster, or if you really are willing to kill/die for a fully insured vehicle over principle, I hope that you really don't own a firearm because if you're that emotionally attached to property to kill/die for it... yeah, you don't need to own a firearm.

Last thing I'm going to say on it.

Chad
04-30-2008, 08:02 AM
My point is this: I carry a deadly weapon legally. I know when I'm allowed to use it. Property is allowed to be protected by deadly force, but having carried it and understanding the responsibility of carrying such, I will "honestly tell you honestly" that I'm not about to go shoot someone over a set of rims, nor will I get shot over them. It's stupid and idiotic, and you're letting emotion get the better of you if you think that's how you're going to act.

Most of this "I'd cap someone for bussin in my car" stuff is bullshit internet bluster, or if you really are willing to kill/die for a fully insured vehicle over principle, I hope that you really don't own a firearm because if you're that emotionally attached to property to kill/die for it... yeah, you don't need to own a firearm.

Last thing I'm going to say on it.

May be the last but it was one of the most honest and down to earth posts I have ever read. Well done!

Chad

VegaS10
04-30-2008, 09:12 AM
I did this install on my CRX last year:

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2124263

I did the same for my ep3.

Evil J
04-30-2008, 10:01 AM
May be the last but it was one of the most honest and down to earth posts I have ever read. Well done!

Chad

I was a bit annoyed when I wrote that, if not pissed.

Sorry, I never really thought of it myself, but after carrying a lethal weapon, I've come to a greater understanding about the value of life. I've always thought as I carry that I'll never pull it until I have to use it, and I've been in situations while carrying that would have allowed me to "justifiably" pull it out... and didn't because I realized that taking life isn't worth the cost whether it's legal to do or not.

I certainly don't think it's worth it over a car stereo or a set of rims.

This isn't to say I haven't contemplated it... I get what some people are saying, and yeah, you could make a "citizen's arrest" if you had a weapon and the other guy didn't have one/didn't pull his, but if you've ever had to restrain someone or control them waiting for law enforcement (and I have) without any type of restraints... it ain't easy no matter what you have in hand or how tough you are.

But this is all off topic.

There is plenty you can do to "slow down" a criminal, and if it's amateur night, there's some stuff you can do to prevent it... but if they're determined, there's absolutely nothing to stop them from getting your shit, sucks though it does.

My plan is this: I currently live in an apartment, but I have experience putting together surveillance systems, so when I move into my house, I'm going to wire up the exterior. It's more passive than some steps, but if you're looking to get someone caught, there's few better ways. It's not guaranteed, but it's less dangerous than confrontation and more effective than an alarm.

Chad
04-30-2008, 10:56 AM
My plan is this: I currently live in an apartment, but I have experience putting together surveillance systems, so when I move into my house, I'm going to wire up the exterior. It's more passive than some steps, but if you're looking to get someone caught, there's few better ways. It's not guaranteed, but it's less dangerous than confrontation and more effective than an alarm.

I'm not trying to rub your nuts but what you are stating should be taken to heart.

AND not is it only less dangerous than a confrontation but chances are that a thief that dead-set in their ways AKA not "amateur night" is not going to stop their "profession" from a kid pulling a gun on them or a car alarm spooking them off, BUT with video evidence of the crime the chances of catching the thief go up as does the chance of your insurance company taking care of you with kid gloves. Because they know damn good and well that with an apprehension they get another thief off the beat, not simply moving him a couple blocks away where he can do his job. eventually costing them more money than your broken window and an iPod.

Bottom line is that most "cap poppers" have never held a firearm, let alone know what one is capable of, the products of television. I own firearms, I respect firearms and have for LIFE. It's ideas like many have that push legislation into wanting to pass gun laws that impede legitimate owners.

Your frustration while posting that reply was justified but yet not over-bearing.

Chad

Evil J
04-30-2008, 10:59 AM
I'm not trying to rub your nuts but what you are stating should be taken to heart.

Nut-rubber.

Kidding.

NyQuil
04-30-2008, 11:02 AM
to those laughing... you probably have fake wheels. So don't worry.. this will never happen to you.

ass.

supercivician
04-30-2008, 08:34 PM
well im thinking getting that wheel lock that the police uses and a 2 way alarm so a bat by the door. as soon as the beeper beeps, im running out there with a bat. i petty sure the theives dont have guns on them. may be knives so a bat is petty effective.

musashi1219
04-30-2008, 08:41 PM

They used to. It was like the club only it was electrified. It was pretty nasty, basically a stun gun attached to your steering wheel

I'm a CHL carrier. I have a .45 ACP that I carry
You might want to put that in a gun... it would more intimidating than showing a perp a cartridge.

Sorry, it is a pet peeve of mine when someone refers to a gun only by it's caliber

supercivician
04-30-2008, 08:54 PM
They used to. It was like the club only it was electrified. It was pretty nasty, basically a stun gun attached to your steering wheel

i want that.

Evil J
05-06-2008, 09:24 AM
Sorry, it is a pet peeve of mine when someone refers to a gun only by it's caliber

God, such a pain in the ass you are! :mbiggrin:

OK, I carry a "BERSA Thunder45... 45 ACP"

player757
05-06-2008, 01:09 PM
Flame thrower Activated car alarm

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9812/11/flame.thrower.car/

not sure how to post just the video but watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrzMGdYWZc

Evil J
05-06-2008, 01:17 PM
Flame thrower Activated car alarm

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9812/11/flame.thrower.car/

THAT one is awesome!

player757
05-06-2008, 01:24 PM
yeah i'll be moving to west philly some time soon so i think i'll order one of these

jtyler05si
05-08-2008, 11:11 AM

Ha Ha. Last summer i worked for a GPS Company. went into Best buy one day started talking to a guy that worked there and worked out a deal to get him a touch screen navigation system for $200 and he got me a viper two way for $150.

kind of a bitch to install. found out honda likes to use the least amount of wire for all that shit under the dash.

jtyler05si
05-08-2008, 11:15 AM
You might want to put that in a gun... it would more intimidating than showing a perp a cartridge.

Sorry, it is a pet peeve of mine when someone refers to a gun only by it's caliber[/QUOTE]

:mcry: your a meanie.

im sure he knows what kind of gun he has...
maybe is just proud of "ACP" version he uses...

Evil J
05-08-2008, 11:54 AM
:mcry: your a meanie.

im sure he knows what kind of gun he has...
maybe is just proud of "ACP" version he uses...

He was right, I wasn't being proper in my discussion...

And ACP stands for Also Completely Pimp, so I am proud of it!:mbiggrin:

Evil J
05-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Oh, and for the record... the personal defense rounds I have are heavy enough to hurt like hell if I threw them... less than lethal force FTW.

BeaterEP
05-10-2008, 08:20 AM
Oh, and for the record... the personal defense rounds I have are heavy enough to hurt like hell if I threw them... less than lethal force FTW.

LOL nice!

Wasn't aware that the definition of "Less-Than-Lethal" had gotten so broad, but hey, whatever works.
I still think I'd just shoot them out of the gun. :biggrin1:

By the by, what are you loading?

.45 guy myself.

/threadjack

Evil J
05-27-2008, 10:35 AM
LOL nice!

Wasn't aware that the definition of "Less-Than-Lethal" had gotten so broad, but hey, whatever works.
I still think I'd just shoot them out of the gun. :biggrin1:

By the by, what are you loading?

.45 guy myself.

/threadjack

I stagger Pow'r Ball and Plain ol' High grain Hollow-points.

I figure if one doesn't work, the other should.