PDA

View Full Version : My Suspension Woes...

frankdogg
04-18-2008, 07:52 PM
so THREE concerns/rants/annoyances....

1. my driver side clunks. I dunno if the strut is blown or if the pillowmount needs to be adjust. I have so far, replaced the tie rod, checked the spring seats/collars

I dunno what else to do.

2. when i turn right on "on-ramps" and if the road is bumpy i get "clunk clunk clunk". Anyhow have any idea what that is> Its been like that for a year...haha.

3. My rear suspension is noisy as heck...especially on uneven roads and very slow speeds (10mph or slower)

HELP!

My set up is
BC N+
front and rear eibach sways
endlinks (front / rear)
cusco rear strut bar.

Windchaser
04-18-2008, 07:54 PM
dude, check your perches and make sure they are tight. all tube designs with perches or ring clamps have this stupid problem of coming loose. if not, break the components down and re-grease to make sure it's not your N+.

mAtAs2U
04-18-2008, 07:58 PM
mine does the same thing man...:mmph::mmph::mmph::mmph::mmph::mmph:

Windchaser
04-18-2008, 08:01 PM
check your spring perches and raise up the car to see what happens.

ep_hatcher_510
04-18-2008, 08:22 PM
Check your spring to see if they are binding up when you turn.
Do you have a rear camber kit? the poly. bushings on some arms can get pretty noisy

frankdogg
04-19-2008, 02:49 AM
Check your spring to see if they are binding up when you turn.
Do you have a rear camber kit? the poly. bushings on some arms can get pretty noisy

yeah...i wonder if the springs are binding...i have to check.

As for the rear poly bushings, i had buddy club replace them like 3 months ago, but then again...poly bushings have a mind of their own.

OPTIMISE
04-19-2008, 11:34 AM
the rear noise is prob your endlinks homie, my corsport V.1's make MADD clacking noises at low speeds on uneven/bumpy surfaces... try some white lithium grease maybe...

JOPINOYZ
04-19-2008, 11:41 AM
dont worry your not alone! i have the same problem as u.
i got tired figuring out, i just ignore it now! just to make sure all are tight!

03_CivicSi
04-19-2008, 12:32 PM
have u checked ur front control arm bushings? check if they are torn.

trickkykidd.02
04-20-2008, 11:28 PM
i second the vote for endlink noise...

mustclime
04-21-2008, 04:10 AM
so THREE concerns/rants/annoyances....

1. my driver side clunks. I dunno if the strut is blown or if the pillowmount needs to be adjust. I have so far, replaced the tie rod, checked the spring seats/collars

I dunno what else to do.

2. when i turn right on "on-ramps" and if the road is bumpy i get "clunk clunk clunk". Anyhow have any idea what that is> Its been like that for a year...haha.

3. My rear suspension is noisy as heck...especially on uneven roads and very slow speeds (10mph or slower)

HELP!

My set up is
BC N+
front and rear eibach sways
endlinks (front / rear)
cusco rear strut bar.

My guess is you ride hight collars are loose in the front.

frankdogg
04-21-2008, 08:10 AM
My guess is you ride hight collars are loose in the front.

did that and NO FIXy.

mannyboy23
04-21-2008, 08:24 AM
hey dont worry man i got the same thing going on in the rear i just stop giving a crap

sleepingblacksi
04-21-2008, 09:16 AM
Get used too it...i know it sucks but our ep3s have issues

you can try checking if anything is loose and greasing it up some

humpmasterflex
04-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Im all stock... got clunking on front driver side over any little or big bump/pothole... and then I have squeeking coming from what seems to be passenger side!

03_CivicSi
04-27-2008, 12:49 PM
have u checked ur front lower control arm bushings?

oh and where did u buy ur tie rods?