PDA

View Full Version : Might be Bringing Si back...

TrippZ
11-05-2002, 03:27 PM
I don't have the Si anymore (my dads now)... but i think I might want to return it. We payed 19k, with all the mods I listed in my signiture except for the Intake and Blindspot mirror. We bought it at 19.3k, and they listed the price with everything at 25k.

I don't think It's worth it, personally. I'd be much happier returning my Si, and getting a stock black one, and getting some cheap Rota rims, and a nice Viper alarm. That's the only real perks on my car, the alarm+Lo/Jack and the rims.

I don't think my family can afford this. especially since im just 16, and im quite a bad child (seriously, im a pain in the ass, i dunno why my dad didnt buy me an Acura Vigor, which was what i wanted [$2,500]).

So what do you guys think? Return the modded out Euro Yellow and get a regular black one? If they have a black one modded, i'll just trade the Euro for the Black.

I just dunno. I might just give it back and get a trans am at an auction or something. I hate this. Im tired of putting my family through this crap. my dad has this idea called "car mania" where a kid is obsessed with cars and looking cool. thats not it! i genuinely like cars. I put on custom intake for christsake, that HAS to show some kind of deep interest.

Oh well... waht do oyu guys think?

jaydub
11-05-2002, 03:32 PM
If you trade it in for another Si, you're going to lose at least $3k.

!@#$%
11-05-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
If you trade it in for another Si, you're going to lose at least $3k.

i second that.

poppasp1ce
11-05-2002, 03:46 PM
trippz, you so full of shit it makes me sick.

TrippZ
11-05-2002, 03:47 PM
how? we didnt pya $19.3k upfront, we're in payments, how would we lose money?

DownTheHatch
11-05-2002, 03:48 PM
Keep what you got man. It will save you the most money.

Grand AM, ew.

02blksi
11-05-2002, 03:48 PM
get he NBP ep! they are soooo sexy! -Joe :p

edit : BTW DOWNTHEHATCH you have a pm! :D

TrippZ
11-05-2002, 03:50 PM
how will i LOSE money though?

jaydub
11-05-2002, 03:51 PM
Seriously, if you don't know WHY you're going to lose money, then you shouldn't do anything (including getting the Si back).

ssvr6
11-05-2002, 03:57 PM
I'm going to have to agree with JayDub

Steve

02blksi
11-05-2002, 04:03 PM
Trippz wont be losing any money!!!!!!

His parents will be. :) LOL jk.
You are losing money because you have to trade in a car valued at 24 k (whatever) you dont own the car (payments) so the remainder of the bank loan needs to be payed off before the car can be traded, or you can trade your si in see what the dealer will give you (prolly at least 5 k less then what you bought it for, refinance adding the balance you own on the ep onto the new si and take over payments for another si. stick with what you got, youll never get 19k for it on trade in, and therefore it wont be worth getting another si (one with no mods rims etc.) and paying more for it like this:

your current si cost:24k
you put nothing down (even if you did youll never get this amount back!)
your parents made 3 payments on it since youve had it your bank loan balance now is 23k
you go to the dealer,ask for a trade in they offer 17k
you accept it trade your ep in. 23-17 = 6k left to pay off
6kleft to pay off, well you dont have the money to pay it all off you decide to add this 6 k onto the price (however low you can get the dealer on a 2k2 si base no mods installed)
they give you a price (BEST PRICE EVER!!) of 15k
so now add the 6k to the 15k and now you have a 21k ep base.
not only are the payments pretty much the same but you now have
1. an ep with no rims, and whatever else installed
2. you LOST THE down payment money you put down. on your old ep.
3. You are still driving the same car just a different color.

thats why your parents will be losing money. --hope that helps --joe

02blksi
11-05-2002, 04:33 PM
Trippz wont be losing any money!!!!!!

His parents will be. :) LOL jk.
You are losing money because you have to trade in a car valued at 24 k (whatever) you dont own the car (payments) so the remainder of the bank loan needs to be payed off before the car can be traded, or you can trade your si in see what the dealer will give you (prolly at least 5 k less then what you bought it for, refinance adding the balance you own on the ep onto the new si and take over payments for another si. stick with what you got, youll never get 19k for it on trade in, and therefore it wont be worth getting another si (one with no mods rims etc.) and paying more for it like this:

your current si cost:24k
you put nothing down (even if you did youll never get this amount back!)
your parents made 3 payments on it since youve had it your bank loan balance now is 23k
you go to the dealer,ask for a trade in they offer 17k
you accept it trade your ep in. 23-17 = 6k left to pay off
6kleft to pay off, well you dont have the money to pay it all off you decide to add this 6 k onto the price (however low you can get the dealer on a 2k2 si base no mods installed)
they give you a price (BEST PRICE EVER!!) of 15k
so now add the 6k to the 15k and now you have a 21k ep base.
not only are the payments pretty much the same but you now have
1. an ep with no rims, and whatever else installed
2. you LOST THE down payment money you put down. on your old ep.
3. You are still driving the same car just a different color.

thats why your parents will be losing money. --hope that helps --joe

TrippZ
11-05-2002, 05:06 PM
nonono, they priced it at $25k, but we got it at $19.3k

anyway, if i can, i'll trade it in for a V6 Accord coupe... drool..

ssvr6
11-05-2002, 05:10 PM
Here's how it works. Let's say you owe $19k. The car is now worth $15k. So, they take the $4k difference and roll it into the price of the new car. So a $24k Accord rockets up to $28k.

See why should keep it?

Steve

IceD out N CALI
11-05-2002, 05:21 PM
save your parents some $$ and keep it;)

jaydub
11-05-2002, 05:49 PM
maybe if your conscience is telling you to try and save them some money, you should let them keep it and take the bus.

02blksi
11-05-2002, 05:50 PM
" i'll trade it in for a V6 Accord coupe"

funny you say that becaue that is the EXACT car i traded in for my EP. I hated that boat! Only had it for 6 months, and within those 6 months i had the transmission replaced, and the alternator replaced. --Joe. who is happier now but still wishes he never sold his previous hybrid turbo. Its funny I said to my girlfirend when i sold my civic "Thats it Im done with the whole import scene and living paycheck to paycheck buying parts for my car" Look at me now, what am i doing. you guessed it. -:D

yomamaInMySi
11-05-2002, 06:01 PM
I'll make the math simply for you kid. It's call Depreciation, that's right your car is nowhere worth near 19k, I don't care what you've put on it. You can put two eggs on top of the hood and it won't add any value to it. For beginners the car Si EP hasn't sell that well, more over will a modded EP.

By the way I think you are just an unconsidered kid towards your parents who do not value money, hard work and the pains to acquire money. I think if I had a kid like you (god for bid), I will make you earn any thing through hard work, either at school or labor and teach you what life is all about.

chunky
11-05-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by TrippZ
nonono, they priced it at $25k, but we got it at $19.3k

anyway, if i can, i'll trade it in for a V6 Accord coupe... drool..

the sticker price is NOT equal to the car's current trade in value.

even with all those options, your car is worth less than 19k. much less, probably at best 17k, but that's if you sell it to a private buyer and it's got under 10k miles. When you trade in a car, you get EVEN LESS than that, b/c the dealership has to sell it again and somehow make money - so they'll only offer like 15k for the car, b/c then they turn around and sell it at 17k and make 2k profit.

So you paid 19.3k, the dealership gives you 15k as the trade in value. So thats 4.3k that you either pay off, or roll into the new loan. Suppose you get the new car for 17.5k (that's like 16k base including taxes), your new loan ends up being 17.5k + 4.3k. That equals 21.8k. You end up paying 2.5k MORE when it's all said and done.

Just be glad your parents bought you a car. A lot of us actually have to work for what we have, even when we're still in h.s.