PDA

View Full Version : .colin's spring installation aftermath

.colin
04-19-2008, 03:32 AM
well last week we could get all but one spring in. so i took it to a shop today. i got the shops name from a guy at the autozone where we got the spring compressor and tie rod puller. anyways, bolt came out, but i had been soaking it in PB blaster for a week, he did have it up on a lift, and he was using a 4ft breaker bar. anyways, i had all new parts from honda if needed. we ended up just using the new bolt since the old one was all goobered up. only charged me 35 bucks.

so hoorah!! my car is lowered evenly now!!

next thing now is the alignment. so far nobody wants to touch my car. even a guy that was supposed to be cool refused to touch it because i didn't have a rear camber kit. i told him he didn't need one and he should just try to get it as close to factory as possible. he said he didn't know where i got my information from but i didn't know what i was talking about and he said i do not want to touch your car.

my car also is making a creaking sound when turning left or right. it reminds me of an old pirate ship when the masts and rigging would creak. ITS NOT THE STEERING RACK I JUST HAD A NEW ONE PUT IN. i have no idea what the hell it is, im not rubbing anywhere. so if anyone could help me on that, that would be tuuurific. i thought maybe it was because the car was on different springs, but its still doing it.

ddhatch
04-19-2008, 03:01 PM
It might be the upper spring mount. There are bearings inside the tophat that move with the steering. You might be able to get away with greasing them, but they should probably be replaced if you can confirm that is the problem.

Drew1d
04-19-2008, 04:08 PM
my car also is making a creaking sound when turning left or right. it reminds me of an old pirate ship when the masts and rigging would creak. ITS NOT THE STEERING RACK I JUST HAD A NEW ONE PUT IN. i have no idea what the hell it is, im not rubbing anywhere. so if anyone could help me on that, that would be tuuurific. i thought maybe it was because the car was on different springs, but its still doing it.

Did you grease the bearing at the top? (Lithium grease.) Did you align the tophat when installing?
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q44/schwag512/strut.jpg

If you are straight with all that, perhaps spray lube (silicon or white lithium) on all the bushings.

ddhatch
04-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Did you grease the bearing at the top? (Lithium grease.) Did you align the tophat when installing?
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q44/schwag512/strut.jpg

If you are straight with all that, perhaps spray lube (silicon or white lithium) on all the bushings.

I cant for the life of me figure out what is going on in that picture.:confused: