PDA

View Full Version : UKDM CTR Cluster - Climate Control Lighting

PogoFX
04-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Would someone be willing to point me to the fix to get your climate control lighting to work after you install a UKDM CTR Cluster. I know that it involves jumping or grounding a wire, but that's it.

I found the fix on one of the forums here and bookmarked it a couple of weeks ago, but the link doesn't work anymore for some reason. Did a search and I can't seem to find it now. Don't know if it has something to do with the site changing or what. I just got my cluster in today and I'm ready to install. Appreciate the help.

liquid cooled
04-19-2008, 09:28 AM
Would someone be willing to point me to the fix to get your climate control lighting to work after you install a UKDM CTR Cluster. I know that it involves jumping or grounding a wire, but that's it.

I found the fix on one of the forums here and bookmarked it a couple of weeks ago, but the link doesn't work anymore for some reason. Did a search and I can't seem to find it now. Don't know if it has something to do with the site changing or what. I just got my cluster in today and I'm ready to install. Appreciate the help.

The reason it doesnt work is because everything is gone from 2004 to the present day. The server was reverted back to 2004.

PogoFX
04-19-2008, 09:31 AM
Wow, timing is everything. Thanks. Well if someone knows the fix, please post it. I'm sure I could figure it out, but I just like to know what I'm doing before I start a project.

PogoFX
04-20-2008, 01:04 PM
Well I looked at the wiring diagram and jumped the wires that I thought would get the lighting to work, but it didn't. I know that several people on the forum have done this. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

talonXracer
04-20-2008, 01:15 PM
I have it done on my car. I believe it is the red or red/blue wire that needs to be grounded. I am not sure enough to tell you to start chopping wires. AND dont just start shorting wires trying to get it, you can damage the gauge cluster and or your multiplexor to the point they are garbage.

BUT, I will take some pics tomorrow and post up a DIY for you guys, just hang on a bit.

PogoFX
04-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Cool, thanks.