PDA

View Full Version : Haha the b**ch is back in full force baby

dashehonda
04-19-2008, 07:06 PM
my car is back in my possesion after being gone for over 2 months. Im so glad to have her back, it drives like new now with the nearly new motor i had put in. It came with everything (ECU, Tranny, airbox, IM, EM, all motor mounts too.) The motor has roughly 6800 miles on it, so its still shiny and new, including the internals. :mtongue:

The tranny shifts smooth, and the car sounds great actually, the exhaust sounds louder for some reason but i figure its because i dont have a CAI drowning it out anymore. I still have the reflash ecu in there, but only cause i need to get the other ecu synched later this week, didnt have time to waste anymore.
So thats it basically, im not sure if staying stock will last forever but for now im liking the stock motor and maybe ill keep upgrading exterior and suspension.:drum:

blackhatchsi
04-19-2008, 07:10 PM
You went with another A3 I'm assuming.? After 2 months, I know you're glad to have it back.

dashehonda
04-19-2008, 07:13 PM
You went with another A3 I'm assuming.? After 2 months, I know you're glad to have it back.

you bet man, its just so nice not to have to bum rides and wait for people to pick you up, i felt like a stupid teenager. Yeah the old A3, but im not into going fast anymore, too many points yet, im just focusing on exterior and interior with more suspension.

blackhatchsi
04-19-2008, 07:22 PM
you bet man, its just so nice not to have to bum rides and wait for people to pick you up, i felt like a stupid teenager. Yeah the old A3, but im not into going fast anymore, too many points yet, im just focusing on exterior and interior with more suspension.

You threw a rod in your other A3, right? Not going fast anymore? :blah:

Go ahead and get your exterior/suspension done. Then.......................

BOOST THAT BIOTCH!! :happy:

dashehonda
04-19-2008, 07:34 PM
You threw a rod in your other A3, right? Not going fast anymore? :blah:

Go ahead and get your exterior/suspension done. Then.......................

BOOST THAT BIOTCH!! :happy:

I was thinking eventually SC it but not sure.

blackhatchsi
04-19-2008, 07:41 PM
I was thinking eventually SC it but not sure.

Hell yeah! That's my plan also but I'm gonna do it to a K24. I remember when you did this. You got that A3 for a really good deal huh?

dashehonda
04-19-2008, 07:44 PM
Hell yeah! That's my plan also but I'm gonna do it to a K24. I remember when you did this. You got that A3 for a really good deal huh?

For the mileage, year and all the stuff it came with, yeah it was a good deal, too good to pass up, so i grabbed it.

talonXracer
04-20-2008, 06:48 AM
I would just run the reflash and keep the other ECU as a spare.

Aug
04-20-2008, 06:52 AM
For the mileage, year and all the stuff it came with, yeah it was a good deal, too good to pass up, so i grabbed it.

:thumb:

ALep3
04-20-2008, 07:10 AM
I'm with doug, why drop the reflash?

dashehonda
04-20-2008, 08:09 AM
It doesnt really seem to drive that much different now without the CAI and shorty, but for some reason the exhaust sounds louder and i like it, but it does have a noticeable gain in torque with a little less top end, i didnt think i would notice it but i do, with the reflash, im afraid if i do dump it that it will suck, but i need money, and dont really care about a higher rev limit thats useless.

Of course first thing first is to drop the "whistling" paper air filter and get a K&N drop in and do the stock box mod for sure

zzfinaldropzz
04-20-2008, 08:14 AM
welcome back.

dashehonda
04-20-2008, 08:16 AM
welcome back.

Man, thats so weird i was just admiring your Avatar, thats the exact look im gonna shoot for, seriously, i love the HFP kit, but it only looks good with 04-05 headlights/projectors. I love your car its clean, but still mean too.