PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlackSi2002
11-06-2002, 01:15 PM
Ok heres the problem, i was going to install my eibach springs, and when i took the nut of the bolt for the tie rod linkage/ball joint, i some how striped the bolt and the nut, please help, i need to know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fASTBACK
11-06-2002, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by BlackSi2002
Ok heres the problem, i was going to install my eibach springs, and when i took the nut of the bolt for the tie rod linkage/ball joint, i some how striped the bolt and the nut, please help, i need to know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dang you got shit luck bro. J/k. I would say bring it to a mechanic shop or you favorite import store and have them take the stripped nut off for you. And you have to buy a new bolt. They have some kind of technique they use to do that. I know that they break lugs off of rims when they get stipped and they might use the same technique for you too. Good LUCK!

BlackSi2002
11-06-2002, 01:24 PM
i meant the nut came off the screw but i can't get it back on.

BlackSi2002
11-06-2002, 04:06 PM
ok i did the first thing i could think of, i put everything back together, and drove to the Honda Dealership, it was going to cost me $78 just to look at it, because it was my fault, i have to pay for it. and now i don't have a car.

DynaSpeed
11-06-2002, 04:20 PM
Do you have a Tap & Die set? if so, give that a whirl. I'd look into borrowing a set if you don't have one and trying that before paying some grease-head (no offense to grease-heads) at a wheel and tire shop to change out the tie-rod end.

BlackSi2002
11-06-2002, 07:56 PM
ok the dealership called me back, and said it is fixed, and it is only $39, so i'm happy, i guess i'm going to get a pro to install my springs now that i have learned.

02SilverSiHB
11-07-2002, 08:22 AM
ok the dealership called me back, and said it is fixed, and it is only $39, so i'm happy, i guess i'm going to get a pro to install my springs now that i have learned.
ouch, your in SA right? If you want me to install them I can. We can just go on to Lackland AFB, and use the auto shop tools, they have everything, I'd hate to see you spend more money to have someone do it. It only cost about 9 bucks I think to use the shop tools for the time it takes. It took me 1 hour and 45 minutes to do mine :D but I would take more time to do your's as it's not my car and I want it to come out right.
Let me know, I'm serious, I can help you if you want. I can maybe do it for you on Sunday, if not, then next weekend

BlackSi2002
11-08-2002, 06:40 AM
damn i wish i would have know that yesterday, i'm from austin though not S/A. i had NTB do it for $250, it does look good though, i'm going to have it detailed and then i'll get some pics up, later.

02SilverSiHB
11-08-2002, 08:20 AM
damn i wish i would have know that yesterday, i'm from austin though not S/A. i had NTB do it for $250, it does look good though, i'm going to have it detailed and then i'll get some pics up, later.
ouch 250 :p oh well, you got them on and if anything is wrong you can always go back to them. It's soooo much better having your car lowered isn't it :D

02SilverSiHB
11-08-2002, 08:24 AM
damn i wish i would have know that yesterday,
yeah, I decided to post something in the Texas forum if anyone ever needed any help installing

BlackSi2002
11-08-2002, 10:37 AM
yea i love having my car lower, it makes those rota slipstreams look 10 times better and makes the car look 20 times better, next weekend i might be heading down to RCR to run the Si, would you be able to make it?

02SilverSiHB
11-08-2002, 12:43 PM
yea i love having my car lower, it makes those rota slipstreams look 10 times better and makes the car look 20 times better, next weekend i might be heading down to RCR to run the Si, would you be able to make it?
I'm not to sure if I'll be able to go. I did 11 runs on Wednesday, I think I'm good for a while. PM me a day before you are going, and I'll see if I can