PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: DIY for Euro Mirrors

R3GUL8OR
04-21-2008, 07:48 AM
Anyone by any slim chance have the write-up/DIY for the Euro ("Facelift") Mirrors (w/blinkers and defrost)?????

sradbims76
04-22-2008, 07:37 AM
Yeah, um..about those Euro mirrors. I bought a pair of 05 TSX mirrors (with blinkers), but I dont think either one had the defrost capability :( At any rate, I went and spent $200 to have them professionally painted Tafetta White to match my ride, but I never had them installed. I do, however have some circuit diagrams and exploded views of the mirrors from the Acura Mechanic's manual, so if you want I could scan them and give you links to them. I just haven't gotten around to attaching them yet.

R3GUL8OR
04-22-2008, 08:59 AM
Yeah, um..about those Euro mirrors. I bought a pair of 05 TSX mirrors (with blinkers), but I dont think either one had the defrost capability :( At any rate, I went and spent $200 to have them professionally painted Tafetta White to match my ride, but I never had them installed. I do, however have some circuit diagrams and exploded views of the mirrors from the Acura Mechanic's manual, so if you want I could scan them and give you links to them. I just haven't gotten around to attaching them yet.

that would be awesome! I have some of the wiring diagrams from the canadian SiR for the defrost, I'm just unsure of how to get the blinkers goin. I didnt have to worry about painting mine, they are off of a NHBP Euro CTR. As soon as I make my final depart from malmstrom AFB this friday, I'll have time to try to get these mirrors on. If successful, with your diagrams and mine, and my camera of course, I'll see about re-posting a DIY for anyone else............that is if I get it right. lol

Kerby
04-26-2008, 10:29 PM
any updates on the TSX mirrors?

help a brother out!

v1c10us
04-28-2008, 02:20 PM
the tsx mirrors fit our cars??

R3GUL8OR
07-20-2008, 07:18 PM
OK, so for anyone that was waiting................I was able to get my mirrors installed. I have the DIY for it but Im not posting it till my defrost switch comes so I can include that in the DIY. So soon a DIY will be up.

BaLisTek
07-20-2008, 07:42 PM
i was under the impression that tsx mirrors did not fit the EP

R3GUL8OR
07-20-2008, 07:47 PM
i was under the impression that tsx mirrors did not fit the EP

They can be retro'd. There was a person who tried it and I thought got it to work. It was mentioned in the euroDM DIY on the old site, forgot who tried it though.

BaLisTek
07-20-2008, 07:48 PM
i think ocelaris attempted it, and concluded it not possible. I'm really anxious to see pics of this done. I need signals in my mirrors because i am deleting my sidemarkers

R3GUL8OR
07-20-2008, 08:09 PM
i think ocelaris attempted it, and concluded it not possible. I'm really anxious to see pics of this done. I need signals in my mirrors because i am deleting my sidemarkers

Ill have pics with the UKDM ones in the DIY, but I could of sworn that after Ocelaris said it wasnt possible, someone was able to get it to work. Hmmm maybe not.

Its a crappy pic, but here's what mine look like (as of this morning)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/r3gul8or/downsized_0715081654.jpg

BaLisTek
07-20-2008, 08:12 PM
so urs are 04-05 ctr or tsx?

R3GUL8OR
07-20-2008, 08:16 PM
so urs are 04-05 ctr or tsx?

04-05 CTR "Facelift"................but the TSXs look the same. I was just showing a pic to give you an idea of what it looks like actually on the ep.

BaLisTek
07-20-2008, 08:26 PM
where did u get ur mirrors? I'd like to get ctr over the tsx regardless

R3GUL8OR
07-20-2008, 08:29 PM
where did u get ur mirrors? I'd like to get ctr over the tsx regardless

ebay awhile back. Try the UK or german ebay. I got my mirror control w/defrost from Canada (I wasnt too sure if the Euro mirrors had a different connector on the actual switch since the mirrors themselves had a different connector, so I went the safe route.)

v1c10us
07-20-2008, 11:59 PM
Ill have pics with the UKDM ones in the DIY, but I could of sworn that after Ocelaris said it wasnt possible, someone was able to get it to work. Hmmm maybe not.

Its a crappy pic, but here's what mine look like (as of this morning)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/r3gul8or/downsized_0715081654.jpg

omg im so glad i got those matte black pieces color matched..

fatathaland
07-24-2008, 02:45 PM
Nice. I want to know how to do this too. I wish the TSX mirrors were an easy fit b/c my friend has a TSX that he never drives. Wonder if he'd notice! :shady: