PDA

View Full Version : GREAT SHOOTOUT INJEN vs. AEM READ!

02blksi
11-06-2002, 03:19 PM
http://www.aempower.com/dyno.htm

GREAT article very informative, AEM is tops in my book for honesty! IMO --Joe :) hopes this helps you guys who are looking for a CAI .. :)

Gibhunter
11-06-2002, 04:30 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know that Injen does not produce CAI for the RSX. The Injen that this test refers to is the short ram with the first generation heat shield that the injen came with at the time. Current heat shield is much smaller, but does not suffer from broken welds as much as the first generation did. HTH.

02blksi
11-07-2002, 10:08 PM
WELP, tonight i installed my AEM CAI. I REALLY LIKE the way the car acclerates, the butt dyno approves this mod. I must say it was a PITA to get in their, 1 hour later and a couple gouged knuckles and a few small scratches on the intake tube. Its in, first impressions, I really like it, VERY smooth power delivery, Great mod IMO --joe. :) who is very happy with his CAI.

myeverlovinsir
11-07-2002, 10:12 PM
Its all good Joe, who said a little hard work never produced much!
Congrats on the CAI, and enjoy!

GeNoZiDe
11-07-2002, 10:48 PM
i just finished installin my AEM CAI as well
PITA for sure to get that lil mother fu&$#er in there
but it works great!! ACCEL is soooo much fasta
cant wait till i get the custom downpipe and headers in tomorrow! WOOT WOOT

Jpax
11-07-2002, 11:24 PM
Cool i m happy with my intake too. its great knowing i only paid 100 dollars for it.. :D

i-WERKS
11-08-2002, 07:16 AM
i'd like to see the injen CAI vs AEM CAI.

kenis138
11-08-2002, 12:10 PM
I love the AEM, just worry bout the whole water thing. But, Ive driven in some pretty heavy rain w/ no problems so far and I also have the bypass valve, so no worries (or not many). As many people have said, it all depends on where you want the gains. The thing I first noticed bout the EP is that it wound up REALLY fast at the low end but didnt wanna go go go like it does in the top. With the AEM, it doesnt wind up as fast, but you can feel the balls (wait that din come out right) as it goes. I am getting a DC header to continue to beef up the low end as I PERSONALLY feel this is where the car is lacking. I have always liked the way the top end runs and I dont drive there enough to justify mods for that area of the powerband. My $.02.

Cone Killer
11-08-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by kenis138
I am getting a DC header to continue to beef up the low end as I PERSONALLY feel this is where the car is lacking.

You must be joking....the low end is one of the EP's stronger points!

myeverlovinsir
11-08-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Cone Killer

You must be joking....the low end is one of the EP's stronger points!

I can add that the DC header will improve overall torque throughout
the curve, not just bottom end. And help to eliminate the hole
in the stock torque curve.