PDA

View Full Version : Neuspeed Race springs, to trim or not to trim

Whooopasss
11-06-2002, 04:33 PM
Ok, got my Neuspeed race springs, now about the bump stops, do I trim, yay or ney?? I called Neuspeed and they said that there should be an instruction on the box. I did find documentations but it didnt say anything about trimming the bump stops for the hatch.. so you guys who are using Neuspeed, did you trim or not??

02SilverSiHB
11-07-2002, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Whooopasss
Ok, got my Neuspeed race springs, now about the bump stops, do I trim, yay or ney?? I called Neuspeed and they said that there should be an instruction on the box. I did find documentations but it didnt say anything about trimming the bump stops for the hatch.. so you guys who are using Neuspeed, did you trim or not??
sorry I can't answer your question with experience in these springs, but I do know the rear is the only place that there are bumpstops, at least that I noticed. I trimmed mine in half just in case, I have progress. you can do and not worry about any problems, if you don't like it, just put that other half back on :D

Whooopasss
11-07-2002, 10:08 AM
Ok.. so there are no bumpstops infornt? I'll install mine this weekend.. I'll trim it in half.. thanks..

DynaSpeed
11-07-2002, 11:04 AM
yes... there are bumpstops in the front. But, they aren't like the traditional bumpstop. They are integrated into the strut housing boot, so cutting them would cut the whole boot in half (if you're even going to use it, which I'm not). If Neuspeed doesn't give you new bumpstops, then they are either implying that you use the boot, or not use a bumpstop at all.... which could potentially be rough for your strut because it would have no way to ease the crash of the strut pin on full compression.

Whooopasss
11-07-2002, 12:52 PM
ahhh I see.. thanks a bunch..

sammysir
11-07-2002, 10:33 PM
from the first ring at the top (skinniest end off the bump stop cut off there) should do the trick.............. I did that cut as per instructions that are PACKAGED with the springs when i had mine installed