PDA

View Full Version : Power drying

poppasp1ce
11-06-2002, 05:01 PM
i tried the leaf blower method today (electric so its more quiet). it works like a fucking charm. in addition to being fast, it also gets those annoying hard to dry areas ... door handle, below the windows, blinkers. before i would spend like 5 minutes just drying under the windows cause the more i dried, the more water would keep coming out from under the window. i highly recommend.

myeverlovinsir
11-06-2002, 05:06 PM
Sounds like a great hint. Loads better than the hair dryer method!

Mr.02BlackSIguY
11-06-2002, 05:18 PM
u can buy like an air compressor for them power tools out there like at sears, home depot etc. and use that.. it works freaking good as well. its kinda like how those car wash places use.

IceD out N CALI
11-06-2002, 07:51 PM
good idea

AkronSi
11-07-2002, 07:31 AM
I usually don't have access to stuff like that when I wash, but I have a trick for the rear windows.

I use my California Water Blade and Absorber. Once most of the water is off with the water blade, i go over with the absorber to get the rest of the drops. On the rear windows I stick the corner of the absober into the seam and drag it from the back to the front, so any water that doesn't get sucked up, gets pushed out by the door.

It takes a little extra time, but it works pretty well.

I'll have to try the air on the front grill. I hate how water gets stuck in those little openings.

ArcticBlueRsx
11-17-2002, 01:28 AM
I use my California Water Blade and Absorber

I do the same thing w/ the two above......

its raining
11-28-2002, 01:17 AM
i would like to try this power drying technique with my leaf blower but i'm afraid my neighbors will think i'm crazy. damn social norms.

SmoothOperator
11-28-2002, 01:19 AM
I've been looking EVERYWHERE for the Absorber. Does anyone know where to find them in Canada? No luck at Canadian Tire, or Wal Mart.
From what I hear they work amazing!

1fastminivan
11-28-2002, 02:03 AM
Dude the absorber rocks!! Do yall have autozone??? Thats where I got mine.

poppasp1ce
12-03-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by its raining
i would like to try this power drying technique with my leaf blower but i'm afraid my neighbors will think i'm crazy. damn social norms.

yea i got funny looks at first, but i dont give a f*ck what people think.

1 fstr si
12-05-2002, 10:02 AM
i use the air compressor method. works great, and i always carry a towel with me cuz even the air compressor doesnt get everything out, so, when i stop somewhere, i can get the runs real quick.