PDA

View Full Version : drilled a hole into my ep's floor

dung
04-21-2008, 10:15 PM
I installed type-S seats in my EP and I had to make some adjustment to make it fit, so I drill a hole into my ep floor. I wanted to know if this may cause any complication like leaking because I drill it deep and I'm afraid I might hit something like a gas pipe right below it for something. and oh yeah, there's an extra hole on my floor now as well.

and in case some one cant tell, I'm a really conscious person.

nightbear
04-21-2008, 10:26 PM
lol does the hole reach outside?

Windchaser
04-21-2008, 10:28 PM
u drilled a hole through the floor board? LOL

dung
04-21-2008, 10:28 PM
I mean it went through the floor, but I dont know if it "reach" outside. I havent lift it up yet. I hope there's a another sheet metal under it covering it so water dont get through if I drive in the rain.

27rocks
04-21-2008, 10:33 PM
go and buy some silicone or some kind of sealent and put some in there when you put the screw in it or jsut fill it up to reseal it.

Ep3T0n3y
04-21-2008, 10:33 PM
haha, you dont need to drill to make type s seats fit. You just need a 1" spacer and a longer bolt haha.

man.... you screwed up

dung
04-21-2008, 10:35 PM
haha, you dont need to drill to make type s seats fit. You just need a 1" spacer and a longer bolt haha.

man.... you screwed up

actually, you have to because the holes dont line up. and you only need spacer on driver side, not passenger.

Ep3T0n3y
04-21-2008, 10:39 PM
weird. I have type s seats...... no drilling needed, just a spacer. Are you sure you didnt put the driver side seat on the passenger side and the drivers side seat on the passenger side?

dung
04-21-2008, 10:41 PM
weird. I have type s seats...... no drilling needed, just a spacer. Are you sure you didnt put the driver side seat on the passenger side and the drivers side seat on the passenger side?

yes I am 100%, at first I didnt adjust the rails and only one screw fit... lol it went on for an hour until we finally figure it out.

I mean the real question here is, will there be complication from having one extra hole on my floor? the stock hole. it pretty much cover by the Seats rails, but I again, I'm just that conscious.

Ep3T0n3y
04-21-2008, 10:50 PM
i dont mean to doubt your intelligence or anything, but... ive seen atleast 4
EPs in person besides mine with type s seats, and not one has had to do any sort of fabrication.

and even if it was needed, I wouldn't do it. Just because of it compromising the safety from the millions of dollars and man hours that go into R&D to make sure you are safe.

If you were to get into an accident.... the metal could tear, and you could do threw the window.

But.... its your car, and your life.

dung
04-21-2008, 10:55 PM
I seriously doubt a 5mm hole can make a huge difference, but thanks for the head up and where you are coming from.

AKEP
04-22-2008, 12:11 AM
5 mm is the highest limit for a hole to be made for spot/plug welding. thats a pretty nice sized hole. just one, in the floorboard, will not harm anything. You said it's the one from OEM, then just put some sealant on it so that it wont let water and bugs in.

If its the one you drilled though, i would weld it back up and put some anti corrosive stuff on it so it doesnt rust a hole in your floor.

bchaney
04-22-2008, 03:40 AM
I seriously doubt a 5mm hole can make a huge difference, but thanks for the head up and where you are coming from.

I think he's saying that the hole you drilled won't be as strong as the one made by the factory.

Princess
04-22-2008, 03:45 AM
I was using a chisel and a hammer to chip off the sound-deadening material in my ep3 and the chisel was so sharp it went clear through the metal in my car in one tiny spot. No biggie.

SPAM&RICE
04-22-2008, 07:22 AM
Better watch out for your abs lines or outher stuff under there.:smash:

Accordexcpe95
04-22-2008, 08:02 AM
better put some sealant before the rust comes and eats it all off

SpAdZ
04-22-2008, 08:14 AM
check from underneath to make sure you didnt hit anything and when you put the seat in seal it up...shouldnt have any probs

p.s. i agree with ep3tony...you shouldnt have needed to drill anything

HappiChild
04-22-2008, 08:23 AM
are the type s seats better? i think they are leather right?

talonXracer
04-22-2008, 08:27 AM
actually, you have to because the holes dont line up. and you only need spacer on driver side, not passenger.

i dont mean to doubt your intelligence or anything, but... ive seen atleast 4
EPs in person besides mine with type s seats, and not one has had to do any sort of fabrication.

and even if it was needed, I wouldn't do it. Just because of it compromising the safety from the millions of dollars and man hours that go into R&D to make sure you are safe.

If you were to get into an accident.... the metal could tear, and you could do threw the window.

But.... its your car, and your life.

YOU NEED THE SPACER FOR BOTH SIDES! (if useing the typeS seat rails)

If you do not use the spacers the seat rails will be torqued/twisted, the bolt will be jam/crossthreaded and WILL FAIL in a accident. Here is a pic showing what IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE.
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/talonxracer/IMG_0421.jpg

creamSODA
04-22-2008, 08:28 AM
doh

weltall
04-22-2008, 08:30 AM
i used type-s rails to put my buckets in i had to modify the rails to make it work

tony can you make a type-s diy thread pm me with the link so i can sticky this so people are drilling holes in the floor:mrolleyes:

Aug
04-22-2008, 09:45 AM
How did this guy get banned already?

SyckSiR
04-22-2008, 10:27 AM
just hit it with sum tremclad so it dont rust and seal it with an outdoor sealant.

dung
04-22-2008, 02:29 PM
better put some sealant before the rust comes and eats it all off

yea, the rust thing, I check and it seem that there is another layer of metal under the floor.

somejaykid
04-22-2008, 03:16 PM
go and buy some silicone or some kind of sealent and put some in there when you put the screw in it or jsut fill it up to reseal it.

what he said man:msmile: