PDA

View Full Version : Front Bumper Plugs?

d-unit
04-22-2008, 07:54 AM
I just got my JDM Bumper In from Showstoppers and unbeknownst to me there are 4 little holes for jdm plates.

i saw this picture

http://www.showstoppersusa.com/features/10.jpg

And i was wondering if anyone knew where to get those plugs so it doesnt look redonk..

thanks gaisss :shocked:

Ep3T0n3y
04-22-2008, 08:17 AM
those plugs in the front are battery terminals. not having anything to do with the plate.

d-unit
04-22-2008, 08:26 AM
those plugs in the front are battery terminals. not having anything to do with the plate.

O RRY! :mconfused: how dumb do i feel

PuMpKiN_Ep3
04-22-2008, 12:55 PM
O RRY! :mconfused: how dumb do i feel

dont be so hard on your self.... :wacko:

d-unit
04-22-2008, 02:03 PM
thanks for the pick me up pal!

God damn what i can i put in place of those holes hmm....

SyckSiR
04-22-2008, 02:09 PM
thanks for the pick me up pal!

God damn what i can i put in place of those holes hmm....

lol.....i'm not touchin that one....:ballchain:

d-unit
04-22-2008, 02:13 PM
lol.....i'm not touchin that one....:ballchain:

Ha Ha, i dont have to put mine there :mredface:.. i dont know about you

v1c10us
04-22-2008, 02:26 PM
you could put a jdm license plate there.

d-unit
04-22-2008, 02:59 PM
you could put a jdm license plate there.

i dont rike that idea :mcry: too ricey

ProfessorM
04-22-2008, 03:07 PM
get a pair of mugen license plate bolts and put em in there.
kinda pricey but they'll look good IMO.

v1c10us
04-22-2008, 07:06 PM
i dont rike that idea :mcry: too ricey

it was a joke cause thats what its for.
like, what should I put in my mouth, a grill with fangs? or some sick gold caps.. how bout food?

Brian Todd
04-22-2008, 07:37 PM
You could get one of the custom german plates. Fills up the whole plate area and aren't too gaudy.

johnkimble
04-22-2008, 08:04 PM
you could put your real license plate there with a custom mounting kit.

chad jones
04-22-2008, 08:10 PM
lewks nice

Princess
04-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Just put your normal plate on the front. Those JDM holes will still show, no big deal. Those holes let everyone know it's an authentic JDM bumper.

Princess
04-22-2008, 08:11 PM

What's the purpose of that?

v1c10us
04-22-2008, 08:33 PM
drag racing
recharge the battery between runs.
Im not sure if they take the alternator out or something but on pinks those dumb people are always saying we need 5 more minutes to charge out battery! etc etc.

RedSiBaron
04-22-2008, 08:37 PM
easy hookup if it were a racecar, or if he relocated the battery its an easier location for a jump...who knows, he sold his car right after it made it into honda tuning, i dont give him too much cred (im being an ass)

as for him putting his US plate up front, the holes wont match up so custom mounts will be needed...

its not ricey too if you have a REAL plate with the right registration number like i have, though its not on the car...also the mugen bolts arent a bad idea...i say that cuz ive got them for that reason haha, just for show though...only thing though is, i remember seeing somewhere that there is a plastic piece that goes in the larger holes next to the holes for the jdm plate, so they are there i figure to get the plate out and away from the bumper, no effing up the paint, but i havnt seen those pieces in a long time...OR those bigger holes were there for mounting brackets for the EDM/UKDM style plates...who knows...

Long310
04-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Just put your normal plate on the front. Those JDM holes will still show, no big deal. Those holes let everyone know it's an authentic JDM bumper.

I got the 04/05 JDM bumper in NHBP but it doesn't have those holes, does that mean it's fake? :mrolleyes:

Princess
04-23-2008, 04:20 PM
I got the 04/05 JDM bumper in NHBP but it doesn't have those holes, does that mean it's fake? :mrolleyes:

I don't know. Why do some have the holes and some do not?

ep_hatcher_510
04-23-2008, 04:42 PM
I believe either it was the UK or Japanses bumper that didn't have the holes, and the other would have it. not sure.

lostniraq25
04-23-2008, 05:01 PM
i think its the UKDM that doesnt have holes. I have the 04-05 JDM bumper and it has the holes and my buddy Chris has the 04-05 UKDM Bumper and it doesnt have the holes.

Long310
04-23-2008, 05:08 PM
i think its the UKDM that doesnt have holes. I have the 04-05 JDM bumper and it has the holes and my buddy Chris has the 04-05 UKDM Bumper and it doesnt have the holes.

Yeah, that's right. I got mine from UK ebay :mbiggrin: some people don't like the holes..should get ukdm. For me it doen't matter cause i want to put the radiator duct in there anyway..if i can find one:mbiggrin:

RedSiBaron
04-24-2008, 07:44 AM
well that makes me happy, i asked for jdm and got it haha...wouldnt have cared though heh...ill just leave the holes for now

civictype_r04
04-24-2008, 01:17 PM

That is good to know.

mario543k20
04-24-2008, 05:36 PM
i would leave the front bumper empty even if it had holes. put the license plate in the front window, or buy the mugen license plate bolts like the other member said.... euro plates are tacky... and call attention... i had one and i got a $90 for it here in CT.

RedSiBaron
04-24-2008, 07:07 PM
i would leave the front bumper empty even if it had holes. put the license plate in the front window, or buy the mugen license plate bolts like the other member said.... euro plates are tacky... and call attention... i had one and i got a $90 for it here in CT.

see i may put my japanese plate on and if a cop wants to give me crap ill just be honest, the bolt holes dont match up for my us plate, and im not drilling in a $500 bumper and im not putting a plate in my window cuz its dangerous if im in an accident...the bumper was goin to waste so i put the plate there...

if he doesnt buy that, then hes a dick

creamSODA
04-24-2008, 07:12 PM
radiator duct

Princess
04-25-2008, 12:14 AM
So the holes are JDM so now everybody likes them. LOL Jesus. *rolls eyes*

blackbelt
04-25-2008, 01:27 AM
Just run a set of battery terminals up there and then you have plugged the holes.

stealth
04-25-2008, 08:42 PM
do what I did and drill the two new holes in your license plate. And it isn't plugs that go in the holes it is a body bolt similar to the little brackets that hold the parts of the underpanel of the car together. You put it in the larger hole and slide the part the bolt goes in to the smaller hole so you can put the screw in.

RedSiBaron
04-25-2008, 10:47 PM
do what I did and drill the two new holes in your license plate. And it isn't plugs that go in the holes it is a body bolt similar to the little brackets that hold the parts of the underpanel of the car together. You put it in the larger hole and slide the part the bolt goes in to the smaller hole so you can put the screw in.

you know where to get those? ive been looking...

SyckSiR
04-26-2008, 06:17 AM
see i may put my japanese plate on and if a cop wants to give me crap ill just be honest, the bolt holes dont match up for my us plate, and im not drilling in a $500 bumper and im not putting a plate in my window cuz its dangerous if im in an accident...the bumper was goin to waste so i put the plate there...

if he doesnt buy that, then hes a dick

thats pretty dumb.....ur using a plate that is for a different country, if we all started doing that there would be lots of confusion. the bumper was going to waste? lol, if he does buy that he's an idiot. stop tryin to make ur own rules

RedSiBaron
04-26-2008, 10:52 AM
thats pretty dumb.....ur using a plate that is for a different country, if we all started doing that there would be lots of confusion. the bumper was going to waste? lol, if he does buy that he's an idiot. stop tryin to make ur own rules

this is called bullshit, its what you feed people when you want to get away with something...i dont have a jap plate on my car, people use other country plates on the front as vanity plates all the time, i keep seeing euro plates everywhere here in PA on unmodified cars...

its me throwing around an idea for something fun, im not drilling holes to mount up my front plate, i havnt had a front plate on any of my cars since i started driving, they bother me, but if i were going to put anything on the front of my bumper i would use my japanese plate...

stealth
04-26-2008, 03:31 PM

Any automotive store should have them. Just look in the bolts and washers section for bumper/body bolts.

88crx
04-26-2008, 07:03 PM
Dude, just shave them.... looks so tight all nice and smooth lol.

Screamin' knows what their doing.

cruzty
04-27-2008, 09:32 AM
you can get the mugen duct kit and fill that spot with that!!!!

d-unit
04-27-2008, 09:44 AM
i ordered some mugen license plate bolts, so we'll see how that works. Ryan - im not getting the bumper painted so its gonna be a fucking gongshow of cash to get them to fill the holes, also to everyone saying to get the mugen radiator kit, find it for me and ill buy it, its effin discountinued, ive been looking for 3 months :(

art2
04-27-2008, 11:04 AM
i like the usdm bumber because it hasn't got the licenseplate recess.looks a lot smoother.

civic sir f1
04-27-2008, 11:34 AM
on my uk/jdm bumper i cut out the license plate and installed the mugen air duct and got a sticker made out of my license plate perfect.

SyckSiR
04-27-2008, 12:37 PM
this is called bullshit, its what you feed people when you want to get away with something...i dont have a jap plate on my car, people use other country plates on the front as vanity plates all the time, i keep seeing euro plates everywhere here in PA on unmodified cars...

its me throwing around an idea for something fun, im not drilling holes to mount up my front plate, i havnt had a front plate on any of my cars since i started driving, they bother me, but if i were going to put anything on the front of my bumper i would use my japanese plate...

if its against the law then u dont do it bub. they make license plate kits for the bumper so you would never have to drill holes. Stop trying to justify something illegal by saying others do it. If you get a ticket thats your own damn fault and u should whine about it.

SyckSiR
04-27-2008, 12:38 PM
i ordered some mugen license plate bolts, so we'll see how that works. Ryan - im not getting the bumper painted so its gonna be a fucking gongshow of cash to get them to fill the holes, also to everyone saying to get the mugen radiator kit, find it for me and ill buy it, its effin discountinued, ive been looking for 3 months :(

for the 3rd time, pm windchaser, he can get them they are just expensive.

05silversi
04-27-2008, 01:25 PM

The JDM part number for the clipnuts is the same as the ones that hold the US front tag bracket on. Just reuse these. As stated by stealth, you slide the clip through the larger hole and install the bolt through the small one.

d-unit
04-27-2008, 04:47 PM
for the 3rd time, pm windchaser, he can get them they are just expensive.

you know what dude? shut the fuck up.. do you think i havent asked him already? stop whoring this thread up already, you're just being a dick by now

RedSiBaron
04-27-2008, 09:30 PM
if its against the law then u dont do it bub. they make license plate kits for the bumper so you would never have to drill holes. Stop trying to justify something illegal by saying others do it. If you get a ticket thats your own damn fault and u should whine about it.

dude what the fuck is your problem! its takes a lot to piss me off and you are fucking pissing me off...yah!? plate kits?? where do i get plate kits for my jdm bumper, do you live in ohio!? do you know the law!? dont sit there and get on my case about illegal plates and that im saying its ok cuz others do it...i dont have anything on my front bumper cuz im not drilling into my bumper, and do you know what!? in ohio if your bumper isnt drilled for the plate you dont have to run it...so how bout you take your dick attitude that you are throwing all over this thread and GTFO!

am i whining about tickets? am i whining period...NO...now im wondering how i antagonized you in any way...

72chevel
04-28-2008, 08:09 AM
:pop2:

72chevel
04-28-2008, 04:57 PM
I think I am going to drill new holes in the license plate and put those $20+ screws in there. there will be extra holes in the plate but I can live with that.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh27/72chevel/ImportedPhotos00308.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh27/72chevel/MugenLicensePlateBolts1.jpg

RedSiBaron
04-30-2008, 06:55 AM
I think I am going to drill new holes in the license plate and put those $20+ screws in there. there will be extra holes in the plate but I can live with that.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh27/72chevel/ImportedPhotos00308.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh27/72chevel/MugenLicensePlateBolts1.jpg

the mugen bolts are nice, but i suggest keeping them clean...i cant tell where it came from, but i got some weird rust coloration on around the head where the lettering is on them...not sure exactly whats up with that...but what ever...they look really sharp i think, and the slightly added security of the hex head instead of phillips or flat head type bolt head makes me happy...