PDA

View Full Version : need suspension help

a_huggett
04-22-2008, 09:32 AM
im new to the import world and i just bought a 05 ep. i love it. unfortnetly,cause im in the army and gone all the damn time i never have time to drive it and enjoy it. i really want to drop it like a inch and half to help fill out the wheel well. what all am i going to need if i just get some lowering springs? well i need control arms and camper kit? or should i go i differnt route? i drive the car in texas and florida and the roads between. the roads west of alabama are fuckin horrible i really dont want to drop it so much i have to worry bout scrappin. thanks for the help

thechromecoyote
04-22-2008, 09:38 AM
You are okay dropping up to 1.5" before a camber kit is required, but you can always benefit for one in the meanwhile.

If you are getting lowering springs, you should consider upgrading your shocks as well. Consider Koni Yellows and Tokico D-Specs and pair them with a decently stiff spring like a Tein S-Tech/H-Tech, Eibach Sportline/ Prokit, or some ground control springs.

All in all a suble drop with better handling can also be had by picking up the Mugen SS suspension kit, which will run you around $1000

There's a sticky in the suspension thread of spring rates and drop heights for various springs. Just take you pick and remember that stiffer = better handling = harsher ride. So there is a balance needed, and that can best be found by pairing stiffer springs with better dampers.

talonXracer
04-22-2008, 09:39 AM
Find a HFP suspension and a set of typeS wheels. That will fill the wheel wells nicely and provide a decent ride for the roads you are driving on.

BlownSi05
04-22-2008, 09:41 AM
also take a look at the 05-06 rsx-s rear sway bar and bushings. obviously it will not affect the ride height but it will significantly help improve the handling of the car by eliminating the horrible understeer. it is a 21mm sway bar. prices with the bushings is aroun $85-$100.

SoleLive
04-22-2008, 10:40 AM
Where's everyone getting it from (onine/dealership/clubrsx)? If so do you have the # for the sway and the bushings?

thechromecoyote
04-22-2008, 10:47 AM
You can just walk into the dealership.

I got mine on Honda-Tech for $40 shipped and bought poly bushings from Energy Suspension

SPAM&RICE
04-22-2008, 10:53 AM
The eiback sportlines would be what your looking for 1.5-1.6 drop if im not mistaken. damn good spring if you ask me.

theyb
04-22-2008, 11:24 AM
i think i posted this part number for the 05-06 rear rsx sway but here it is again.

part number is from this site (http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org)
5 52300-S6M-A61 SPRING, RR. STABILIZER
6 52306-S6M-A62 BUSH, STABILIZER HOLDER

SyckSiR
04-22-2008, 11:26 AM
The eiback sportlines would be what your looking for 1.5-1.6 drop if im not mistaken. damn good spring if you ask me.

had those, needed rear camber kit fo so.