PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Club Spec Iii Cat Back

ULTRAMANIA
11-06-2002, 09:19 PM
yeap.. i just order my buddy club spec III cat back exhaust.. it was either this, or the type one exhaust with the additional B pipe, or custom piping with a JUN universal axel back from inlinefour.com

i figured, custom piping is not as reliable and i dont' want a phat whole in my exhaust pipe down the road, and the type one is not angled like the buddy club, and the buddy club is cheaper... heh.. so i went with that, i'll keep you guys updated when i get it.. i'll post pics too..

here's the link if anyone is interested.BUDDY CLUB SPEC III (http://www.randdmotorsports.com/buddyclub.html)

click type one on those tabs up top and you'll find the exhaust that fit our eps...

2fastcivic
11-07-2002, 01:26 AM
post pics and soundclips when you get it installed. im very eager to see and hear it.

ULTRAMANIA
11-07-2002, 03:52 AM
will do.... but i'm getting it around thanksgiving.. but.. for sure.. i'll do

nikkotyper
11-07-2002, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by ULTRAMANIA
will do.... but i'm getting it around thanksgiving.. but.. for sure.. i'll do

Yeah. Please, do.
Thanks for the website as well.

ssvr6
11-07-2002, 07:37 AM
What did it cost you?

Steve

ULTRAMANIA
11-07-2002, 08:41 PM
i paid 637.00 including the shipping.. i didn't get the BEST deal, but whatevers..

ssvr6
11-07-2002, 09:03 PM
Good lord. I hope it performs well for you.

Steve

myeverlovinsir
11-07-2002, 09:09 PM
Very nice, I am interested in any gains as well.

btw, custom is not prone to any earlier cylcelife than the
most expensive pipes. Just costs less.

Looks like you are spending alot for sound effects, will be looking
forward to the pics!

ULTRAMANIA
11-07-2002, 09:11 PM
i'm sure it's going to give me some hp boost... hopefully the aem cai will help out as well... hey.. you gotta have the basic bolt ons before you do the big big stuff right? heh...

ssvr6
11-07-2002, 09:13 PM
It just amazes me what people will spend on a catback. I'm about to drop $150 for a 2.25 mandrel bent midpipe using the stock muffler and no resonator. That seems to be a good deal. But for $500 more....that's my Hondata ECU upgrade.

Know what I mean?

Steve

2fastcivic
11-07-2002, 09:21 PM
if the buddy club is as light as they say it is and sounds good, i would want to get it also. maybe everyone doesnt have taste like you ssvr6. some people like it get the high quality products for their car. know what i mean?

ULTRAMANIA
11-07-2002, 10:16 PM
heh heh heh... thanks for all the replies guys.. but hey.. i agree with both of you guys... i was going to get custom piping 2.5 in with a universal JUN axel back.. in fact that was my first choice, but then istarted worrying about the quality of the custom piping and blah blah blah.. so all in all i decieded to go with this buddy club exhaust.. it's JDM, 2.5 and i'm paying for the name.. i like that in some ways just like 2fastcivic is saying...

yea.. and sure do that i do get my moneys worth, but if not.. it's all good cause i gotta get the typical bolt ons for bigger upgrades anyway right? :D

ssvr6
11-08-2002, 05:48 AM
I don't want to start the quality = high ticket price argument again, so to each their own.

Take some pics when you get installed!

Steve

DynaSpeed
11-08-2002, 06:01 AM
Ultra - Where does it state that the Spec III is 2

nikkotyper
11-08-2002, 08:31 AM
I am not surprised by the price. Comptech is more expensive than that if you order it directly. Some dealers have it lower but no lower than $625. BC Spec III is lighter. Let's see how it performs and how loud it is.
I know I sound strange worrying about the noise level but I live in CA and here loud honda owners are the ones that miraculously collect speeding tickets whether they were speeding or not. Also, many race tracks only allow 90db at 50ft.

ULTRAMANIA
11-08-2002, 05:00 PM
ahhh... everyone is all getting me worried now.. but hey.. nothing i can do anymore. it's comin' in the mail..and. i'm just going to have to wait and see how well it performs and sounds... till then.. we will never know. .heh heh.. but i'll be sure to post up pics and stuff, and i'll let you know if I feel any hp increase or anything.. thanks for the post again guys... =)

ULTRAMANIA
11-08-2002, 05:01 PM
ahhh... everyone is all getting me worried now.. but hey.. nothing i can do anymore. it's comin' in the mail..and. i'm just going to have to wait and see how well it performs and sounds... till then.. we will never know. .heh heh.. but i'll be sure to post up pics and stuff, and i'll let you know if I feel any hp increase or anything.. thanks for the post again guys... =)

MugenR
11-11-2002, 08:33 AM
which sytem did you order?
Because the spec 1 was 350 for an axle back.
what mid pipe did you order?
Can you post a link to the exact thing you ordered?
Thanks
Drew

ULTRAMANIA
11-11-2002, 01:31 PM
look on the first page of this thread... there is a link for you...

RiCeCoOkEr1280
11-18-2002, 12:24 PM
I called Jdmhondaparts and it seems that they are selling the buddyclub spec 3 for about $485. I was thinking of getting the Spoon Axle back, but I didn't want to go through the whole custom piping ordeal. I had that setup before and wanna try something new. For the price, the Buddyclub's not bad. I figure the same way,too. It's a jdm product and the name is known. I'm sure it'll have a decnet effect on the power it produces. I plan on ordering it next month.

nikkotyper
11-18-2002, 12:35 PM
Their website claims $600.

RiCeCoOkEr1280
11-18-2002, 01:15 PM
You gotta call them or got there and tell them you found it for about $500. They'll beat that price.

MCeez02Si
11-18-2002, 05:37 PM
Hey RiceCooker,

For the price match, do they ask you where the place is that has the better price? Damn, if not, I know where and what kind of exhaust I'm gettin.