PDA

View Full Version : help, drivers side leak?!??!?

matdbom
04-22-2008, 11:11 AM
so i came home from a weekend with the fam in NC, and go to start my car monday morning, and notice that my drivers side floor was completely soaked. My windows were totally closed and my door was shut properly, so i dont know where the water came from. it had been pouring all weekend. only the drivers side floor in front was was. the back seat floors were fine. any ideas/help on this guys? what seals i should check? common problem? thanks. and no its never happened before but ive also never left my car sitting for a whole rainy weekend before either. please hep, dont want it to happen again

kokopuffs405
04-22-2008, 11:13 AM
water comes thru when i goto a car wash. i think its something to do with the high pressure sspray though.

It just started happening too. :-/

Soprano21
04-22-2008, 11:19 AM
first things first, was it water??? or was it anit freeze??? you could tell by the smell and texture, if its water check all the seals around your driver side door and make sure that there sitting correct, also check your front window, you could always use your regular garden hose and run it around where all of the seals are to see if you could fund a leak, trust me you'll know, if its anti freeze check your heater core and see if its leaking..... let me know what you come up :mwink:

SPAM&RICE
04-22-2008, 11:21 AM
Do you have door pannels, if not water goes through the window seal and out the frame, check to see around the pannels for water, on the outside of the window check the ruber against the glass for wear & tear.

Soprano21
04-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Do you have door pannels, if not water goes through the window seal and out the frame, check to see around the pannels for water, on the outside of the window check the ruber against the glass for wear & tear.

i was just gonna mention that :thumb:

RedSiBaron
04-22-2008, 11:51 AM
check the roof drain hoses, if you've done anything with your headliner or a pillars this may be why...there are drain hoses running from the sunroof and there are ones running from the rain channels (i believe) but in any case they run down the a pillars and out into the rocker...this was a problem with the old civics is if they get disconnected they start draining out wrong and the water runs along the metal in the car (surface tension) and will drain in weird places...

Soprano21
04-22-2008, 11:54 AM
check the roof drain hoses, if you've done anything with your headliner or a pillars this may be why...there are drain hoses running from the sunroof and there are ones running from the rain channels (i believe) but in any case they run down the a pillars and out into the rocker...this was a problem with the old civics is if they get disconnected they start draining out wrong and the water runs along the metal in the car (surface tension) and will drain in weird places...

thats true but dont you think he would have water on both sides one could it just be the one side?......
o red are you still coming down to Willow Grove for the meet?

matdbom
04-22-2008, 12:54 PM
yeah it was water, def not antifreeze. but i will try to check the seal u guys mention tonight when i get off work, and maybe tomorw i will run the hose on it during the day to se if i can pinpoint it

RedSiBaron
04-22-2008, 01:55 PM
thats true but dont you think he would have water on both sides one could it just be the one side?......
o red are you still coming down to Willow Grove for the meet?

no, cuz they run down each pillar, if one got disconnected it would only go on that side...

and ya i still am...i may or may not have a new exhaust in time, we shall see...

Soprano21
04-22-2008, 04:38 PM
no, cuz they run down each pillar, if one got disconnected it would only go on that side...

o see i didnt even know that learing new shit everday, cool bro i hope you got your exhaust by then if not its cool.

Soprano21
04-22-2008, 04:39 PM
yeah it was water, def not antifreeze. but i will try to check the seal u guys mention tonight when i get off work, and maybe tomorw i will run the hose on it during the day to se if i can pinpoint it

iight cool man keep us posted:mwink:

Soprano21
04-24-2008, 06:16 AM
hey man did you ever get to figure out where the leak was coming from?

Accordexcpe95
04-24-2008, 09:13 AM
British can't built hondas

RedSiBaron
04-24-2008, 10:35 AM
British can't built hondas

haha this is still a problem with the old hondas built 100% in japan like my 3rd gen...

more than likely it got disconnected when someone was doing something, for instance pillar mounted gauges??? :mconfused:

matdbom
04-24-2008, 01:43 PM
yeah well i havent got to hose the car yet, but i did check the visible seals and stuff and they seemed intact. but what i did noticed was that the plastic cover in my wheel well is cracked were one of the screws that holds the fender goes in. its not super huge, but it does look big enough to let fallin water in, and i looked behind it and it seems like water could build up in that area and if enough was able to get in there then it might have eventually seaped over into the interior. not sure yet tho, i need to take off some plastic covers and pull up the carpet to test the theory, see if i get some pics up here too. sucks cuz undet the carpet is still wet in some spots, and stuff is starting to stink up with all the heat... guess i need to borrow the madres blowdryer ha

RedSiBaron
04-24-2008, 02:14 PM
yeah well i havent got to hose the car yet, but i did check the visible seals and stuff and they seemed intact. but what i did noticed was that the plastic cover in my wheel well is cracked were one of the screws that holds the fender goes in. its not super huge, but it does look big enough to let fallin water in, and i looked behind it and it seems like water could build up in that area and if enough was able to get in there then it might have eventually seaped over into the interior. not sure yet tho, i need to take off some plastic covers and pull up the carpet to test the theory, see if i get some pics up here too. sucks cuz undet the carpet is still wet in some spots, and stuff is starting to stink up with all the heat... guess i need to borrow the madres blowdryer ha

check on that but i dont think those plastic covers are going to keep water outta somewhere it cant get otherwise...they pretty much keep the wheels from throwing shit into the engine bay and into the bumper...

matdbom
04-24-2008, 03:21 PM
yeah thats basically what ive always believed too

Soprano21
04-25-2008, 05:10 AM
yeah thats basically what ive always believed too

yo bro i know its off topic but i just noticed you avatar :rofl:

matdbom
04-25-2008, 09:05 AM
hah yeah i drew that porsche and then took a few pics with that cop lol the first pic was me tryin to explain to him that i wasnt speeding, then thats hte one with him takin me away lol

56chevydan
04-25-2008, 10:26 AM
IMO the only areas that water could enter your car to the driver side would be:
1- From plugged up drain holes in the moon roof
2-Through the door if the door panel and plastic have been removed from the door
3- The seal at the floor that seals the shifter cables to the body
4- Bad plastic(s) at the base of the windshield that allow rain water to seep past it/them and divert the rain water to a door seal etc that might allow water into the car???
5- Or a body rust out in the firewall area/plenum that also could let rain water in.

The last one is a stretch, but my money is on the plugged up drain holes for the moon roof. You might check the owner's manual or call the dealer and find the appropriate way to check the drain tubes and clean them out.

Good luck fixing the problem.

RedSiBaron
04-25-2008, 11:18 AM
hah yeah i drew that porsche and then took a few pics with that cop lol the first pic was me tryin to explain to him that i wasnt speeding, then thats hte one with him takin me away lol

hey man do you have any more pics of the porsche you drew?? PM me, we need to talk...:mbiggrin:

william
04-25-2008, 09:38 PM
my guess is bad windsheild seal. Are you the original owner? Have you ever replaced the windsheild. You can tell if its been replaced as most people will not spend the extra money for a "HONDA" windsheild. If it doesent say honda on it, than maybe it was replaced and they did a pooir job of sealing it.

matdbom
04-26-2008, 09:05 AM
hmm ok well ima call honda and ask them about the drain tubes, and no im not the original owner, so yeah thats a possibility

56chevydan
04-26-2008, 10:53 AM
If the windshield being replaced is a consideration for the leak look at the windshield in the lower corner and see if it says Honda or some other manufcturer.