PDA

View Full Version : Red CTR Door Panels

1SickEP
04-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Sup guyz,

I got a question for those of you who have installed the red CTR door panels yourselves, is there or was there a damage to the locking and unlocking of the car after swapping the stock black one with the red ctr door panels inside the car? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

slo_k20
04-23-2008, 05:35 PM
ive heard of some people sacrificing their door lock in order to have the jdm door panels... but ive also heard you can just switch something around so the passenger is driver..

1SickEP
04-23-2008, 05:38 PM
ive heard of some people sacrificing their door lock in order to have the jdm door panels... but ive also heard you can just switch something around so the passenger is driver..

how do u switch something around so that the passenger is driver??? i don't get it:confused:

Windchaser
04-23-2008, 05:39 PM
It's simple: just break the plastic welds with a small rotary tool on the stock one and the JDM one. Swap the stock door handle/lock over to the JDM door panels. Use a sealing glue or etch a plastic weld to keep it in place and you are done.

1SickEP
04-23-2008, 05:40 PM
are you saying that i gotta press my alarm twice to open my driver's door if i get in the car myself? i don wanna do that....

1SickEP
04-23-2008, 05:41 PM
It's simple: just break the plastic welds with a small rotary tool on the stock one and the JDM one. Swap the stock door handle/lock over to the JDM door panels. Use a sealing glue or etch a plastic weld to keep it in place and you are done.
im sorry but i don wanna use a sealing glue to do jobs on my car...

Siborg
04-23-2008, 05:59 PM
get the german ones IMO (left hand drive):decision: