PDA

View Full Version : powerchamber

clandestine2
04-23-2008, 06:27 PM
i've searched but haven't found any threads about the password jdm powerchamber. the dyno's on their site look pretty good, but i've never heard of anyone that had one. i don't know how hard the install would be with the battery moving and everything involved. anyone have information?

civictype_r04
04-23-2008, 06:39 PM
There was a lot of information on the intake on the old site. I pretty sure the 3 people had it if I remember.

Kodeen
04-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Keep in mind the dynos they have on their site are from a Type-S. It looks interesting, but I don't know if it's $400 interesting.

i3urton_31
04-23-2008, 07:24 PM
ya theere was a lot of info on it on blah blah it wasnt worth it yada yada and how its not better then a short ram. it is simply cause the filter located in a way better location then typical short rams wheres its most hot.

ivtec_do_u
04-23-2008, 07:31 PM
Cool design but the extra cost to relocate the battery doesn't seem worth it to me. If your gonna buy a short ram get a v2 or something similar and call it a day.

clandestine2
04-24-2008, 06:38 AM
yeah im probably gonna get a fujita or aem cai. hydrolocking shouldn't be too much of a problem where i live.

MokujinX5
04-24-2008, 08:30 AM
Cool design but the extra cost to relocate the battery doesn't seem worth it to me. If your gonna buy a short ram get a v2 or something similar and call it a day.

The V2 sucks, IMO. I'm still debating which intake I'm gonna go with...

epshtielsl
04-24-2008, 08:51 AM
The whale penis? Save your money and get a V2 or a CAI.

mustclime
04-24-2008, 09:06 AM
I have thought of getting on now that my battery is in the hatch.....I think the blower would make it sound cool.....:roll:

i3urton_31
04-24-2008, 10:59 AM
I have thought of getting on now that my battery is in the hatch.....I think the blower would make it sound cool.....:roll:

like S/C blower you mean or just the intake filter?

but ya i just wanna stop frigen beating around the bush and just buy this thing already, i have an injen short ram and wanna switch to the 3" CAI but i live in toronto with snow and rain but its not to bad but still. ugh decisions! lol

ep_hatcher_510
04-24-2008, 11:53 AM
Keep in mind the dynos they have on their site are from a Type-S. It looks interesting, but I don't know if it's $400 interesting.

Is pretty interesting when you have a CF whale penis under the hood

Phildonis
04-24-2008, 12:10 PM
like S/C blower you mean or just the intake filter?

but ya i just wanna stop frigen beating around the bush and just buy this thing already, i have an injen short ram and wanna switch to the 3" CAI but i live in toronto with snow and rain but its not to bad but still. ugh decisions! lol

i live not too far from you and i have the sp1576, never had an issue. just press the clutch when you go over water.
and dont drive when the water reaches 1 foot high. (rain+underpasses=just gather a little speed and clutch in)

I had the V2 before, i forget how it felt, but i remeber the only thing i regret is having purchased the V2 in the first place instead of the sp1576.

400$ + relocation of battery doesn't sound right to me. i'd much rather put an extra 150$ and get Azenis rt615s... much more to gain there then with your intake.

edit: (I stand corrected about the price in the above post)

Kodeen
04-24-2008, 12:12 PM
400$ + relocation of battery doesn't sound right to me. i'd much rather put an extra 150$ and get Azenis rt615s... much more to gain there then with your intake.

The $400 includes the new battery and the relocation bracket. I think it's like $250 by itself.

CastorTroy2
04-24-2008, 12:47 PM
Is pretty interesting when you have a CF whale penis under the hood

indeed.

i3urton_31
04-24-2008, 01:44 PM
i live not too far from you and i have the sp1576, never had an issue. just press the clutch when you go over water.
and dont drive when the water reaches 1 foot high. (rain+underpasses=just gather a little speed and clutch in)

I had the V2 before, i forget how it felt, but i remeber the only thing i regret is having purchased the V2 in the first place instead of the sp1576.

edit: (I stand corrected about the price in the above post)

true...screw it im ordering the SP1576 tongiht lol.

T_Virus
04-24-2008, 03:08 PM
true...screw it im ordering the SP1576 tongiht lol.

good answer...:mwink:

Godhand
04-25-2008, 01:35 PM
I've been internally debating whether I should buy this all week. I like quick throttle response and would like the lower and mid power gains more than the top-ends. Plus it looks badass. But then again, it's basically $430 for a intake. Decisions, decisions...

civictype_r04
04-25-2008, 06:57 PM
The V2 sucks, IMO. I'm still debating which intake I'm gonna go with...

The V2 dose not suck it is a really good intake I loved mine when I had it.

The $400 includes the new battery and the relocation bracket. I think it's like $250 by itself.

The battery relocation kit and battery is extra like $200. Your looking a like $600 for and intake that wont do much IMO.

i3urton_31
04-25-2008, 07:57 PM
The V2 dose not suck it is a really good intake I loved mine when I had it.

The battery relocation kit and battery is extra like $200. Your looking a like $600 for and intake that wont do much IMO.

not if ur with yoparts.com like me:) 80$ for the battery kit, 227$ for the intak.

jimmyjames
04-25-2008, 08:30 PM
User Stubby has had the Powerchamber and reported poor results. Contact him for details.

civictype_r04
04-26-2008, 07:03 PM
not if ur with yoparts.com like me:) 80$ for the battery kit, 227$ for the intak.

Okay cool thanks for the information. But you still need to buy the battery thats another $130 plus shipping.

Princess
04-26-2008, 07:13 PM
Spoon uses gutted stock airboxes on most of their race cars. What more do you need to know.

Wouldn't it be funny if we found out that a gutted stock airbox gives you the most gains?

For those with SRI and CAI, good luck avoiding hydrolock.

SyckSiR
04-26-2008, 07:19 PM
Spoon uses gutted stock airboxes on most of their race cars. What more do you need to know.

Wouldn't it be funny if we found out that a gutted stock airbox gives you the most gains?

i love it when ppl have no idea what they are talking about yet make comments......:mrolleyes:

if you get hydrolock with a sri u have bigger problems than hydrolock.

Also, i live in BC, Canada, where it rains 10 months a year. i ran a CAI for 4 years and never once got hydrolock you gotta go thro some massive puddles with your foot on the gas to achieve hydrolock.....the biggest problem you will encounter with a CAI is a penchant for needing to replace your IACV more often because of the increased humidity. There is also a bypass valve that can be added to any CAI if desired to further aid in avoiding hydrolock.

i3urton_31
04-26-2008, 09:41 PM
Okay cool thanks for the information. But you still need to buy the battery thats another $130 plus shipping.

no its just 80$ for the battery but yes shipping costs booo

onebigbagostupi
06-10-2008, 08:53 AM
so here is my ressurrection post

I got the password jdm battery relocation kit basically for free from a friend and i was wondering if the intake itself is worth it, regardless of cost.
CAI is sort of out of the question because i work in New Orleans, and you can say all you want about driving, but until you live and drive 8 feet below sea level on a flood plain, it is not worth the head ache. I don't particularly want the standard SRI because I want something that i can show off when the hood is popped.

I ask this because i have three choices

ARC induction box painted and wrapped in insulation materials
Gruppe M intake after massive fabrication that i can accomplish where i work
SSR intake kit coming out soon
or i could just get this intake chamber and be happy with no sweat on my brow

thanks for any feedback you guys could give me

jtyler05si
06-10-2008, 09:49 AM
wait why cant you see the sri when the hood is popped?
you cant see my injen cai when it is popped.

onebigbagostupi
06-10-2008, 10:07 AM

sorry i should have clarified myself, i would like to show it off when my hood is popped, and SRI is not particularly something that is show worthy

Kodeen
06-10-2008, 10:08 AM

It's not that you can't see it, it's that he doesn't want to 'show off' a standard SRI because they are not interesting to look at.

jtyler05si
06-10-2008, 10:08 AM
understood...
i think sri's are show worthy

edit: but who am i to judge, i do not go for the show-worthy products...performance results are what count (:

onebigbagostupi
06-10-2008, 10:23 AM
It's not that you can't see it, it's that he doesn't want to 'show off' a standard SRI because they are not interesting to look at.

wat that guy said.

RedSiBaron
06-10-2008, 10:53 AM

ya princess i think you are confused and i didnt correct you in another thread cuz i thought it was a typo...SRI routes the filter over the transmission and it sits high up in the engine bay and sucks hot air, the v2 is a lil better cuz it turns down closer to the wheel well but its still hot in thur...the CAI routes down under the battery tray and into the little open space in the bumper infront of the driverside wheel, it sucks LOTS of fresh air, but the issue is that people submerge the front of their cars in deep puddles and suck up water...

before the great fire of '08 there was a few threads testing the results of the gutted airboxes, yes i know you love your gutted airbox, but it doesnt get close to the results of a cai, also there was a member who did temperature tests and found that the stock airbox soaked up A LOT more heat consistently than the other intakes, i think it was in summer the sri had hotter air but in the winter the airbox was hotter, or it was hot all the time, i dont remember...the reason spoon probably runs the gutted airboxes is for reliability or a smoother power curve or something, but im sure it has to do with the fact spoon builds their cars for endurance...

jtyler05si
06-10-2008, 10:57 AM
~the more you know~

A-Dev
06-16-2008, 01:51 PM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b297/fritt/IMG_0168.jpg

added mine to my supercharged setup, after further tuning it added power to the low end and throttle response but bought power down 2-5 in the top.

mind you we didn't let the car cool down over 5 consecutive runs

EDIT: Over my V2 i had before.

jh604
06-16-2008, 06:11 PM
sexy install job i wonder who did it? haha jking i love the whole new face lift and engine lift you can say!