PDA

View Full Version : DIY for replica mugen wing install?

NyQuil
04-23-2008, 09:30 PM
Someone post this or make one... would be very helpful. Thanks.

charles
04-23-2008, 11:51 PM
pretty straight forward.

- pop hatch plastics off on the inside
- unbolt stock wing
- then bolt up mugen wing

PuMpKiN_Ep3
04-25-2008, 12:49 PM
yeah... the stop light aswell.... once you take the plastics is pretty easy...

V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V

ClouD
04-25-2008, 01:38 PM
You don't really have to be mechanically inclined, just common sense. Shouldn't take longer then 30mins. charles got it pretty much nailed down, but without the pics.

bluedemonep3
04-25-2008, 01:46 PM
yeah its pretty easy took me 5 mins,did it during a meet,haha

crhatch02
04-26-2008, 08:08 PM
gotta be careful not to drop the bolts INTO the hatch itself...they are very tricky to get back out

KrypTOniTE
04-26-2008, 08:57 PM
would it rattle without any support on the sides of the wing???
would it touch the rear windsheild??

ClouD
04-27-2008, 09:28 AM
gotta be careful not to drop the bolts INTO the hatch itself...they are very tricky to get back out

One of the best bang my buck would be the magnetic picker upper. Goes where your hand and fingers won't go and saved alot of cuts for me. :thumb:

would it rattle without any support on the sides of the wing???
would it touch the rear windsheild??

You can use some kind of felt or 3m adhesive from your local hardware store.

EP3Casas
04-29-2008, 03:54 PM
i would recommend having an extra set of hands...

but it s simple
1. take off the top plasti and side plastics on rear hatch.
2. unbolt old wing & remove
3. testfit new wing and all bolt spots are obvious
4. tighten bolts but not too tight!
5. enjoy ur new wing with a cold beer

its that easy young jedi!

EP3Casas
04-29-2008, 03:56 PM
You can use some kind of felt or 3m adhesive from your local hardware store.

i used the thinner 3m double sided adhesive and works like a dream

ALL MotoR Ep3
04-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Ask its a Ivtec has one on his car so he could prolly walk you through it with no problem if your still having problems but its very straight forward from what i heard and plus Ep3Casas basically gave you the directions so you should be good to go from there.

hothatch
06-09-2008, 12:29 PM
I just got a fiber glass mugen replica and it seems like you can ajust it with some screws.....why does this wing have that option to adjust it?Also i got some donut adhesive sticker things and some weird black plastic straps or whatever,what are these for?

RedSiBaron
06-09-2008, 12:33 PM
I just got a fiber glass mugen replica and it seems like you can ajust it with some screws.....why does this wing have that option to adjust it?Also i got some donut adhesive sticker things and some weird black plastic straps or whatever,what are these for?

well you can adjust it because the REAL mugen wing has an adjustment for "aero"...the round adhesive stickers is for sealing around the screw holes im guessin...black plastic straps? are they stick on? if they are then htey are pads so the wing doesnt clack on the window

hothatch
06-09-2008, 01:41 PM
whats the best setting to adjust it to?The straps are made of hard plastic,kind of look like zip ties but they have a screw fitting in the middle...so wierd

twep
06-09-2008, 09:32 PM
EASY man

pull out the plastic cover on the hatch
unscrew the bolts that are holding the rear spoiler
put on new spoiler
rescrew the bolts
snap on plastic cover back on

DONE

benkieboy
06-17-2008, 11:01 PM
yeah be very careful not to drop the screws inside. i dropped two of my screws and trust me, it's a pain in the @$$! i had to remove all the plastics and those pastics were pain to put back also. i got one screw and i couldnt find the other. i almost cried like a baby. lol! it was so frustrating so be very careful with the screws or you'll be sorry you were born.