PDA

View Full Version : Got an issue with your upholstery....

myeverlovinsir
11-07-2002, 04:18 PM
Post your probs with upholstery here.

Is the stitchin comming out?
Did you burn it?
Is there a rip? etc.

And let us know how you went about fixing it.

natesi
11-07-2002, 06:41 PM
The seat belt is rubbing against it and creating a shiny part where it took the "fuzz" off. the car doesn't even have 3000 miles on it--that's kinda lame. You would think they could have installed seat belt guides. I wonder if it will get worse or wear through over the years?

SmoothOperator
11-07-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by natesi
The seat belt is rubbing against it and creating a shiny part where it took the "fuzz" off. the car doesn't even have 3000 miles on it--that's kinda lame. You would think they could have installed seat belt guides. I wonder if it will get worse or wear through over the years?

A lot of people,(if not everyone) is experiencing that problem. Just think of what that spot will look like years from now! Not good.
Other than that though....the stitching is holding up quite well.

natesi
11-07-2002, 07:19 PM
The bottom of my passenger seat has stitching coming out too. I forgot about that. And I think it makes noise sometimes.

Si4U2NV
11-09-2002, 04:34 PM
i read this thread a while ago and i didnt get wha u guyz were talkin about... and today i saw it!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! ITZ TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!! HOW CAN I FIX IT/STOP IT!?!?!? THIS CANNOT GO ON!!!

u KNOW therez somethin wrong when u get SCREWED for wearin ur seatbelt all the time!

THIS SUCKZ MONKEY SCROTUM!! im thinkin bout puttin some electrical tape there! hehehe...

seriously...we need to solve this problem...

-Mike

goldy02
11-09-2002, 09:21 PM
my steering wheel is so shiney it looks like its plastic not leather that pisses me off

redronin22
11-10-2002, 12:31 PM
Would a 4 point racing harness work for our car? wouldnt that remedy the seatbelt burning the alcantera problem?

02blksi
11-10-2002, 02:50 PM
"my steering wheel is so shiney it looks like its plastic not leather that pisses me off"

stop eating french fries and driving at the same time !@! :)LOL jk.

SmoothOperator
11-10-2002, 02:58 PM
The steering wheel will lose it's luster over time. Mine isn't as shiney now cause of my greasy mits.

BarracksSi
11-11-2002, 09:39 PM
Yes, the leather will get shiny eventually. Heck, everything that gets touched all the time will smooth out. Keeping your hands clean will help, too.

About the seat belt rubbing against the seatback --

My belt doesn't even touch the seat. Maybe it's because I'm tall, but it might also be because I've adjusted the shoulder belt anchor a bit higher. That's a feature worth checking out...

GeNoZiDe
12-23-2002, 12:14 AM
some stupid gurl burned a hole in my passenger bucket seat with her cigerette when she was drunk... anger anger!

Jpax
12-23-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by GeNoZiDe
some stupid gurl burned a hole in my passenger bucket seat with her cigerette when she was drunk... anger anger!
DAM that sucks ....... That burn cost you 1,500 dollars

1000 for the smoking in car
500 for the seat. !

2K2SilverSi
12-25-2002, 07:15 PM
The cloth part of my seat bottom is starting to look kinda ragged. I guess I should stop moving around so much when I drive.

Glix2
12-25-2002, 08:26 PM
I've been looking for a drivers side seat cover that won't make the car look like ass. Nothing yet.

2k2SiAutoXer
12-26-2002, 03:11 PM
i dont think the seatbelt rubbing on the seat will get worse over time. That material looks preety rough and of you feel it where its been rubbing it feels preety hard, almost like plastic. I think it will hold up just fine. Nut if it does not, get it fixed before you hit 36k miles.
--Tom

natesi
12-26-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Glix2
I've been looking for a drivers side seat cover that won't make the car look like ass. Nothing yet.

If you find something let me know please.

Nosjunke
12-26-2002, 07:58 PM
Why not treat your steering wheel to a bath in Luxol leather treatment. It'll soften it up, and make it wear better. Contact Meguirs(sp?) and see what they recommend for a leather steering wheel and our suede seats.

TomR123
12-26-2002, 10:05 PM
How are everyones steering wheels? Mine looks like new and I dont think my hands are super dry or anything. Is this just something that comes with mileage? Or do i have an odd wheel?

Spidey
12-27-2002, 11:08 AM
Not having too much problem with the upholstery. Don't notice the stitching coming loose or the seat belt problem. I did mention before that getting stains outta the seats was no problem.
The one pet peeve that I have so far, which is off topic, but when people scuff up the black interior with their dirty shoes either the passenger side or when getting in and out of the back seat. Grr!

the JigGa mAn
01-18-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Spidey
Not having too much problem with the upholstery. Don't notice the stitching coming loose or the seat belt problem. I did mention before that getting stains outta the seats was no problem.
The one pet peeve that I have so far, which is off topic, but when people scuff up the black interior with their dirty shoes either the passenger side or when getting in and out of the back seat. Grr!

i put my back seats down that way no one can have a ride...i only allow one passenger...and im very picky about who i give a ride in the si:D

Cousin Avi
01-18-2003, 05:08 PM
No problems with steering wheel...No problems with seat fabrics...Have 22K km's already...must have gotten lucky.

SiRman
01-18-2003, 07:14 PM
Before I even got my car, read how a couple people had problems with their seatbelts rubbung. So it was one of the first things I checked when I got my car. Sure enough, in the proper and comfortable driving position it would always rub.

My solution: Those silly shoulder pads. Yes, the ones that say "Powered by Honda" (couldn't find any plain black ones)

(edit: There is now about a half inch gap between the belt and the seat)

Minus 100 cool points for Ricey look.
Plus 1000 cool points because they are actually functioning as I intended and preventing wear.

I'd rather get bugged for having them, then get bugged cause I have holes in my seats in two years.:D

the JigGa mAn
01-18-2003, 09:32 PM
good idea...but if you want plan black ones just unstich the cloth that says "powered by honda"

SiRman
01-18-2003, 09:45 PM
I thought of doing that, but thought the pads may look worse with holes and freys(sp) from the stiching if I tried removing the Powered by Honda part.

Not to keen on wasting the money I paid for them if it didn't work out.

ortedd
01-19-2003, 09:02 AM
if your having problems with the seat belt rubbing, just GROW A LITTLE. . . jk

I don't have that problem since my shoulder is above the part of the seat where the head rest starts.

DownTheHatch
01-21-2003, 08:12 PM
Wow you guys are more obsessive compulsive than I am.

EP33
01-30-2003, 08:50 PM
Well I know I'm too tall for my car because my right knee rests on the right lower dash just to the left of second gear.:(

It's kinda shinny there now. Later it'll be a hole. I'm 7'5"

:D

cbecker333
01-31-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Si4U2NV
i read this thread a while ago and i didnt get wha u guyz were talkin about... and today i saw it!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! ITZ TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!! HOW CAN I FIX IT/STOP IT!?!?!? THIS CANNOT GO ON!!!

u KNOW therez somethin wrong when u get SCREWED for wearin ur seatbelt all the time!

Oh, stop...its suede...it wears...deal with it. Or else, get fatter/taller. I'm a tall guy and thus my seat belt never rubs the suede. The pass. side is a different story, because I have a short girlfriend...oh well....suede wears...

Makross
01-31-2003, 11:20 AM
my floor mat on my passenger side is messing up i can alreadie see the thread coming off the "SI":(

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
01-31-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator

A lot of people,(if not everyone) is experiencing that problem. Just think of what that spot will look like years from now! Not good.
Other than that though....the stitching is holding up quite well.

you wouldnt have that problem if u were 6'6" 300lbs...
:D

JLannoo
02-01-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Makross
my floor mat on my passenger side is messing up i can alreadie see the thread coming off the "SI":(

My passenger side mat is still in good shape but its hella dirty LOL. Drivers side mat is still clean,the white is still white

I think it would help if the passenger side had the hooks like the drivers side. Its ALWAYS sliding up and everyone steps right on the logo.

Tenacious G
03-10-2003, 10:36 AM
any updates on how seat wear is going from the seatbelts rubbing against the seats?

i have a shiny spot developing now, but it really doesn't bother me since it's not something i'll look at constantly, but just wanted to check if the rubbing is affecting the stitching (i.e. does it look like it will start to come apart?)

anyone?

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
03-10-2003, 11:49 AM
one stitch on my passenger seat came undone...
coulda been from my pitbulls nails...doh...
time to clean up the dog hair and go get a new seat...
:angel:

natesi
03-10-2003, 07:03 PM
I finally broke down--went out and bought one of those fuzzy shoulder belt things. Now I look like a damn idiot with it so high it doesn't even touch me; just the upper part of the seat.

This is LAME!!!! How could they over look something so easy? There's isn't exactly a lot of fat/bulky Japanese guys around; you know?

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
03-12-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
one stitch on my passenger seat came undone...
coulda been from my pitbulls nails...doh...
time to clean up the dog hair and go get a new seat...
:angel:

went to the dealer, and they're replacing it, no questions asked.
placed the order yesterday, scheduled appt. on Monday.
MY GOD, Honda service is SOOOO much better than Nissan.

edit: they're replacing the whole seat cover, not the entire seat.

2k2SiAutoXer
05-01-2003, 12:30 PM
i know this thread is old but adam-was it mack honda that fixed it for you?

--Tom

myeverlovinsir
06-26-2003, 04:04 PM
Yeah, I know this thread has been dead for a while...but I started
it so I'm gonna respond now.

I recently had a snag in the crotch area of my drivers seat cover
and wanted to get it fixed, it's a small fibre tear, but it bugs the
shit out of me. Anyways, I went to the dealer and asked what
the drivers side lower seat cover would cost to get replaced.
In US funds the cover costs $233.28 alone, and about 1-1/2
hours labour, which I was quoted at $109.50, thats $342.78 for a
bloody seat cover not including taxes. I wanted a better option.

I search for quite a while and could not find a place in Canada
or the States that could get the material in for a simple panel
replacement. For some reason the material is too new and
no one stocks it.

Last week I found a place locally after searching and got a
reasonable quote on just replacing the drivers seat panel cover.
With material and labour it was US$160.00 flat. Half the price for
just what I wanted. Thought I would share.;)

rapgonrn
07-03-2008, 03:10 PM
very nice $160 us dollars right? any idea how much the usual price for just going for some stitchings? a lil hole here and there