PDA

View Full Version : ETD, how do you adjust them?

william
04-24-2008, 05:28 PM
just got a spoon engine torque dampner. I have no idea how to adjust it. Its pissing me off, i'm thinking i'll just sell it and go with innovative mounts. Any ideas how to adjust it?

4angrybadgers
04-24-2008, 05:54 PM
I'm several hundred miles away from my car and going totally off memory, but...

The Spoon damper should be the same as the Ingalls Stiffy (which I have). One end can be screwed in and out of the damper body to adjust the length (just back off the lock nut first). The other end should adjust the preload. I know the Ingalls damper has a certain safe adjustment range that you shouldn't exceed, so my advice is to look around on Spoon's site for a manual to get the safe ranges.

blackbelt
04-25-2008, 01:28 AM
Is it really that hard?

civicSIracer
04-25-2008, 01:31 AM
i dont think you can adjust them.. is it reall that stiff?

william
04-25-2008, 11:12 AM
I backed off the adjustment and all that it ended up doing was clacking everytime i would start from a stop in first. but when it was tight it would rumble my whole dash at rediculous levels. I'm not being a babby either, I have energy motor mount inserts so im not expecting stock smoothness. But when its tightened it almost like ESMM at idle with AC on, ALL THE TIME. not that my description is entirely understandable but any help would be apreciated, or else expect to see "FS SPOON ETD, USED 3 DAYS"

T_Virus
04-25-2008, 12:56 PM
My Ep only rumbles at low 0 - 1500 rpm...after that, I don't feel any rumble...I also have the Spoon ETD...There is no difference with the rumble with or without the AC on...It actually eliminated 90% of the wheel hop and transfer more traction to the wheels...I didn't adjust mine as well...I had type-x (another member on here) installed it and I don't know if we tighten it all the way or not...The only thing I need to do is to get more power...lol...

27rocks
04-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Give it time it will loosen up a bit after a while and get smoother. Mine was the same way it was super stif at first and everything shook, but after a while it just got better as the rubber got broken in. So just hang in there..

william
04-25-2008, 05:06 PM
alright, i'll tighten it up again and give it some time to smooth out. 27 rocks, love your avatar man, f'ing halarious.