PDA

View Full Version : Light squeek when braking

Tanginangshyet
04-24-2008, 07:15 PM
I just started hearing light squeaking noises on the initial bite when breaking. Weird thing is that I don't hear it during hard braking. I only hear it when running around 10 - 15 mph and slowly stepping on the brakes. Is this something I should worry abt? Any ideas what's causing it? Thanks

dcmpbl
04-24-2008, 07:40 PM
Most likely, what is making the noise is the metal piece attached to the inner brake pad. It is designed to make this noise while it scapes along your rotor as you brake. This is your car's way of saying that it needs new brake pads....

ddhatch
04-24-2008, 07:42 PM
Most likely, what is making the noise is the metal piece attached to the inner brake pad. It is designed to make this noise while it scapes along your rotor as you brake. This is your car's way of saying that it needs new brake pads....

agreed.

Either that or the pad is vibrating against the piston. This can be remedied by placing "brake grease" between the back of the pad and the piston.

when were the pads last replaced?

SiR Kolos
04-24-2008, 08:09 PM
My car just started doing that as well... I wouldn't go so far as to say you need new pads (you might), but you probably do need to have things serviced. The Honda manual even says that the noise is 'normal'.

Screeching with the brakes on heavy is a clear sign for new pads.

For me at 90,000km, I got 60,000km on the Honda OEM pads. I've been on Hawk HPS pads since. Same rotors, but they'll get replaced next rather than machining.

(Wow: I'm only at 1 post?!)

Tanginangshyet
04-24-2008, 08:43 PM
i just had the pads changed a couple of months ago when I had my rotors resurfaced. I currently have Wilwood BBKs. About 2 weeks ago I had brake fluid leak between the caliper and the breather valve. I fixed it by wrapping the breather valve threads with a high temp teflon tape. so far it fixed the leak but there wasnt any noise at that time.

I'm just starting to worry that I may need another major service on my brakes.

ClouD
04-24-2008, 08:45 PM
Should list the mileage and if you ever changed the brakes before. Just like everybody else said, it almost time to changed them.

FCobra94
04-25-2008, 05:47 AM
the pad is vibrating against the piston. This can be remedied by placing "brake grease" between the back of the pad and the piston.
That's what it is...

For one reason or another, my driver side pads squeek like that every couple of months until I go back and reapply brake grease again. Annoying to say the least :mfrown:

Tanginangshyet
04-26-2008, 12:31 PM
That's what it is...

For one reason or another, my driver side pads squeek like that every couple of months until I go back and reapply brake grease again. Annoying to say the least :mfrown:

just spoke wth my mechanic and accdg to him its normal for bbks. But it is starting to annoy me

Drew1d
04-26-2008, 07:05 PM
just spoke wth my mechanic and accdg to him its normal for bbks. But it is starting to annoy me
I'm a big fan of BrakeKleen. Are all the brakes squeeking or just a paticular wheel?

FCobra94
04-30-2008, 05:26 AM
No, it's not normal. There are plenty of BBk's out there that don't have this problem.

If that were the case, then all the guys running 6 piston Brembos would have lost their hearing by now...

My suggestion is to either get in there yourself and checkout what's going on, or find a new mechanic.