PDA

View Full Version : Lets test a stock head unit.....

Chad
04-25-2008, 09:11 AM
I have a stock headunit that I'm not currently using so it can go on the bench. I want to find out EXACTLY what the output section looks like on a spectrum and a scope so that if someone WANTS to use the stock headunit for aesthetic purposes we can direct them to the proper source for level converters or even if one can be made from DIY parts. I'll chart the FR and noise floor and post it here.

BUT I need to know, without tearing into MY dash if any of these diagrams represent the pin-outs of what we have on the back of the 02-05 audio unit.... I'm gonna need to get power to it and audio out....

http://www.installer.com/cars/honda.html

p1nk50ck
04-25-2008, 09:56 AM
i have no idea what you're talking about, but i also have a spare head unit if you need one to tear apart.

jimmyjames
04-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Looks about right but I am not positive. I know the harness/plug is the same shape. Let me know when you decide on a proper thread title so I can change it for better reference for those looking for this type of info.
No offense, but "let's settle something..." sucks if I ever wanted to find this thread again.

Chad
04-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Changed the title ;)

I have a head unit I'll pull it out of the attic tonight and see if a config matched. I don't want to put anyone else thru a bunch of work I was jsut looking for someone to go "that one, that's it"