PDA

View Full Version : What do I need to drop TWO INCHES

RON
04-25-2008, 11:38 AM
Ok I have been hearing the supension making noise on my car recently. I am wanting to get rid of it but I just can't decide if I want a new car payment! LOL

So I need to get the supension fixed its an 02 with 85000 + miles! If I am going to fix it I might as well make the car look better (no more 4X4 civic)! Since I have an 02 with stock rims (don't plan on changing the rims unless I can find 16" hfp) I was thinking 2" drop would look perfect. I would like it to ride like stock. I realize it won't but what would get me the closest. I need to know what all do I need. Performance is not what I am looking for per-say but ride quality and stance is!

What do I need without spending an arm and a leg! (don't want coilovers!)

Lucid Moments
04-25-2008, 11:39 AM
Unzip your pants and just let it hang out?:meek::mangel::mconfused:

Sorry I couldn't resist.

Seriously though look into the progress coilovers. They will drop you down pretty low, and from what I understand are very good quality as well. Add a rear camber kit to that and you should be okay.

blackhatchsi
04-25-2008, 11:44 AM

:lol:

H&R or Progress springs (no butt sag) and D-Specs with a rear camber kit.

RON
04-25-2008, 11:48 AM

Sorry I couldn't resist.

Seriously though look into the progress coilovers. They will drop you down pretty low, and from what I understand are very good quality as well. Add a rear camber kit to that and you should be okay.

Ok i did what you said... And now I have been asked to leave work!

I am not a suspension guy at all. I am trying to do this with budget in mind, but not ebay quality (if that makes since at all). Coilovers to me just seem like more than what I am looking for. I want to install have it aligned and never think about it again. But I will look into it. Thanks! Anyother suggestions?

MugenReplica
04-25-2008, 11:49 AM
Could the suspension noise be the dreaded "steering rack CREAK" that some of us know all to well about?:meek:

If not, I suggest Megan coil overs. Good springs, good dampening and overall a good kit. If you don't mind not being able to adjust yoru settings, I suggest using the Mugen SS suspension. I love mine!:mbiggrin:

spun
04-25-2008, 11:54 AM
start by exercising every day and eating a healthy diet:fish:

epshtielsl
04-25-2008, 12:05 PM
Tokico HP shocks for a more oem ride or D-Specs for better handling. Progress springs should do the trick for a 2'' drop.

RON
04-25-2008, 12:05 PM
Could the suspension noise be the dreaded "steering rack CREAK" that some of us know all to well about?:meek:

If not, I suggest Megan coil overs. Good springs, good dampening and overall a good kit. If you don't mind not being able to adjust yoru settings, I suggest using the Mugen SS suspension. I love mine!:mbiggrin:

No not the steering rack. I just had that fixed so I no what that sounds like! Its from the rear! I weight like 250, so I can get the suspension to move... I can get it to make noise getting in and out.

Mugen is probably out of my price range!

ep_hatcher_510
04-25-2008, 01:44 PM
Tein s techs or Progress springs, paired with d specs would be nice, they drop around 1.5", i think for the 2" drop your ride quality will not be close to stock like you said you wanted. 1.5" will not be as bad and already gives a great stance.

danielakatoxic
04-26-2008, 02:23 AM
h&r gives 2 inches. thats what i got and i like them.

RON
04-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Thanks! Any Other Suggestions?

RON
04-30-2008, 02:52 PM
Progressive springs, Tokico HP, and rear camber. Where should I buy from and what are good prices?

gehjl
04-30-2008, 03:31 PM
I got my progress springs from Tai from Corsport and I got my camber kits from Eddy at True Honda. Great guys! :mcool:

dtt02278
04-30-2008, 05:33 PM
Sprint Springs also drop 2.0.. but i dont know anything about them...