PDA

View Full Version : Tein Suspension Price Increase!

CastorTroy2
04-25-2008, 11:17 PM
I dont know if any one here has heard about this...but

Tein has just raised thier prices on ALL thier products, by about $200-500 on coilovers due to raw material prices and the us dollar to the yen.

check it out:
http://www.tein.com/tein_information/Past_release/200805/All.html

Its supposively suppsoed to be active starting May1st, but i believe its already in effect.

Quoted from tein's website.

Due to the rise in cost of materials and current struggling exchange rates, TEIN USA, Inc. will be adjusting MSRP pricing on all products listed below:
Products include but are not limited to:
* All Springs (S. Tech, High Tech, Straight, Tapered, Racing, and Helper Springs)
* All Coilovers
* All Pillow Ball Tension Rods
* All Tie Rods
* All Hood Dampers
* EDFC (controller kit, motor kit, strut kit. Also includes older EDFC models)
* Goods (Pit crew shirts, wind breakers, jackets, staff coats, work wears, overalls, bottle opener, TEIN logo keychain, TEIN backpack, TEIN cap, mini Dampachi doll, TEIN sport towel)
* All ALFIT products (meter sensor attachments, filters, and small parts)

sorry if it is a repost/

Tnhatch03
04-25-2008, 11:22 PM
holy b-geebus.

we are just going to have to wait it out till the dollar gets stronger...

hahaha, sike!

good find!

civictype_r04
04-26-2008, 08:49 AM
Just another reason not to buy tein. Buddyclub FTW.:mtongue:

.colin
04-26-2008, 08:53 AM
woot! just bought my springs 2 weekend ago :mbiggrin:

BeaterEP
04-26-2008, 09:58 AM
Yeah, start looking for all sorts of stuff that's normally "cheap" from Asia to start going up...not sure how many Nikon shooters there are on the site, but if you're looking to pick up a new Nikon body the time is NOW...their prices are supposed to head up soon, too.

Somebody figure out how to make the US Dollar awesome again, this sucks!:mfrown:

ClouD
04-26-2008, 12:21 PM
Somebody figure out how to make the US Dollar awesome again, this sucks!:mfrown:

Yeah, I want to be awesome again :mcry:.

Glad I got my supspension shopping done before the price increase.

Long310
04-26-2008, 02:31 PM
mugen ss time

T_Virus
04-28-2008, 08:31 AM
Had my Tein Basics for almost 2 years...still going...thanks SSUSA for the awesome price...

epslow
04-28-2008, 12:33 PM
well tein ftw now...

supreme
04-28-2008, 12:37 PM
the us dollar is worth nothing now.

jeenyusss
04-28-2008, 12:41 PM
:mconfused:

blkep322
04-28-2008, 12:58 PM
i was told that tein suspension was made in malaysia or wherever just like omnipower and ksports

SyckSiR
04-28-2008, 02:18 PM
i was told that tein suspension was made in malaysia or wherever just like omnipower and ksports

i dont think omni or tein are malaysian....ksports, d2, megans are all from there......

dtt02278
04-28-2008, 03:07 PM
US economy.... sucks now

ALL MotoR Ep3
04-28-2008, 03:13 PM
wow.....guess i wont be getting tein one piece suspension anytime soon....but tein wasnt the only part that went up a lot of car parts went up to US dollar to Yen

Tammy
05-01-2008, 10:54 PM
I SAW THIS TOO! i was shopping around for a new set of tein suspensions for my car...i previously bought tein flex for my ep for close to $1700 and now its over $2g...wtf? I'm selling my flex's now for the new monoflex which is going for like $2500 instead of $2000 last yr. GAY:mcry:

ALL MotoR Ep3....if you do end up getting TEIN coilovers...i suggest you don't get the type flex....SUCKS if your going to driving it on a regular basis. incredibly bouncy, gets my passengers car sick b/c of the bounciness. its annoying...but handles very well on the road course if your gonna be doing that.

wow.....guess i wont be getting tein one piece suspension anytime soon....but tein wasnt the only part that went up a lot of car parts went up to US dollar to Yen

Windchaser
05-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Sorry, but the Tein Type Flex suck on the road course. Their shock valving sucks butt compared to the Ohlins I'm running. If you want Tein, go with with the Super Racing or don't buy anything @ all.

Tammy
05-01-2008, 11:13 PM
i don't think SS are even worth it...honestly, i like the way my car handled with the flex...a huge improvement from stock. the new mono-flex is now using a monotube instead of twin the micro-speed valve technology which should be a big improvement. i guess you can call me a satisfied tein customer...been using em for all my cars from day 1 and never been happier. thats just my 2 cents--everyone has their own opinion about this shizzz

Sorry, but the Tein Type Flex suck on the road course. Their shock valving sucks butt compared to the Ohlins I'm running. If you want Tein, go with with the Super Racing or don't buy anything @ all.

EPandaman29
05-02-2008, 01:15 AM
DAMN IT!! I'm planning to buy some tein basics soon...hopefully a vendor can hook me up with a decent price

oldskoofame
05-02-2008, 02:54 AM
why do you guys buy tein anyways?
u guys like their little dolls?

I have never seen an ep3 race car rolling on tein's.

Goto Tein's website and see if they have any EP3s that are currently testing.
U won't find any.

If you see your car being tested on a suspension maker's website OR it's used in races, THAT's who you buy the suspension from.

slate13530
05-02-2008, 05:46 AM
I was told about this last week.

Not that it bothers me much.

jimmyjames
05-02-2008, 08:10 AM
Its supposively suppsoed to be ...Really now. :mrolleyes:

epshtielsl
05-02-2008, 08:39 AM
LOL, gotta pay more money for crappy coilovers. They should be lowering their prices....Tein sucks.

Windchaser
05-02-2008, 10:05 AM

U won't find any.

If you see your car being tested on a suspension maker's website OR it's used in races, THAT's who you buy the suspension from.

Thank you! It's because people have their mind set on what's good and what's not good and are afraid to change. The current Monoflex design still has that problem with the spring perch loosening up during low speed bumps.

T_Virus
05-02-2008, 12:54 PM

U won't find any.

Hey, I have Tein Basics...You just made me cry...:mcry::Cry::smow::rain::ohwell: :redface:

ep_hatcher_510
05-02-2008, 01:04 PM
TEIN > Everything else

JK :mwink:

Tammy
05-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Thank you! It's because people have their mind set on what's good and what's not good and are afraid to change. The current Monoflex design still has that problem with the spring perch loosening up during low speed bumps.

not the new monoflex...they came out with new technology and was tested on EP's in japan....they don't sell the monoflex out in the U.S. because they have been tested on jspec EP's...not usdm.

"With newly developed M.S.V. system, required damping force in very low speed range can be well maintained for better stability, improving steering response, road tractability and/or traction performance."
i guess i'll test it out this fall and see how it is. if i like it, i'll keep it, if not, i'll get rid of it--doesn't hurt to try it.

mind you oldskoofame, my ep is my daily as well the car i take out to the track so cannot use race spec suspension for my car. i'm sure someone who uses their EP as a racecar would use a company that manufactures a better race spec suspension than tein. until i buy another car next season to use solely for racing, yes, i'd consider other companies besides tein...but for daily driving AND track use, i prefer tein...well not quite on the EP but i love it on the EG...the Type Flex doesn't work well with EP's--its rough

Windchaser
05-02-2008, 01:39 PM
not the new monoflex...they came out with new technology and was tested on EP's in japan....they don't sell the monoflex out in the U.S. because they have been tested on jspec EP's...not usdm.

"With newly developed M.S.V. system, required damping force in very low speed range can be well maintained for better stability, improving steering response, road tractability and/or traction performance."
i guess i'll test it out this fall and see how it is. if i like it, i'll keep it, if not, i'll get rid of it--doesn't hurt to try it.

That's BS. I have the Tein Type Flex Monoflex dampers on right now. I have owned many Inverted Monotube dampers (Buddyclub RSD, JIC Magic FLTA2, Zeal Function Xs, Ohlins PCV, & Tein Type Flex). I had to switch from the 12K/16K springs provided by Tein to the 9K/10K springs because the dampers could not absorb the low speed bumps very well. Even with the 9K/10K springs, I had problems with the height perch coming loose during low speed bumps, because the impact just shifts the valving around. You can feel every damn bump on the streets.

You can argue in favor of Tein all you want, but I will still disagree with their design. Even with 15-way adjustment, they are either too hard or too soft.

Windchaser
05-02-2008, 01:45 PM
Once again, if it's not the Tein Super Racing, than it truly is not worth paying full price for them.

skooba
05-02-2008, 01:49 PM

Raising the interest rates back to respectable levels would fix this situation very quickly. But because of the housing and credit crisis, the government feels the need to step in bail out people who made poor financial decisions (i.e. buying more home than they can afford). Foreign investors want nothing to do with the dollar since they can get better returns in other currencies.

It sucks that its happening, but its reality. Inflation is quickly kicking in, especially on imported goods, as well as certain food prices going up (from ethanol). It could be an entirely new topic, but thats whats going on with prices in a nutshell.

And when I say government, I'm also referring to the Fed, even though they are technically two separate entities, but they are tied together very closely.

Maybe those who have TIEN suspension now could sell it for more than they payed for it :mbiggrin:

Tammy
05-02-2008, 02:10 PM
first of all...this was never an argument to start with, you had made this an argument--and i was only stating my opinion about them in the beginning. guess what? i like them, you don't like them...and im sure there are hundreds that disagree with your setup so who F'in cares? cuz i sure don't. everyone has their own opinion about EVERY product out there and there's going to be people who disagree and agree so stop bitching. if you don't like the Type Monoflex (which sucks cuz you probably ordered them from Japan) then sell it! i'll buy it from you. everyone's happy fair and square.

That's BS. I have the Tein Type Flex Monoflex dampers on right now. I have owned many Inverted Monotube dampers (Buddyclub RSD, JIC Magic FLTA2, Zeal Function Xs, Ohlins PCV, & Tein Type Flex). I had to switch from the 12K/16K springs provided by Tein to the 9K/10K springs because the dampers could not absorb the low speed bumps very well. Even with the 9K/10K springs, I had problems with the height perch coming loose during low speed bumps, because the impact just shifts the valving around. You can feel every damn bump on the streets.

You can argue in favor of Tein all you want, but I will still disagree with their design. Even with 15-way adjustment, they are either too hard or too soft.

Tammy
05-02-2008, 02:17 PM
but wouldn't raising the interest rates back to respectable level effect the stock market? I mean, everytime there's rumors that the feds cut rates it seems like the market rallies...whatever--it sucks to travel outside the U.S. right now, i'm was buying tickets to the F1 race in Montreal for next month and the canadian dollar to U.S. dollar conversion is almost 1 to 1!! WTF!

i guess we're going to just have to ride this one out and just hope for the economy bump its way back into normalcy the next two yrs. but watch out! oil prices are suppose to hike to $200/barrel next year so expect gas to be around $5-6! :mcry::mcry::mcry:

Raising the interest rates back to respectable levels would fix this situation very quickly. But because of the housing and credit crisis, the government feels the need to step in bail out people who made poor financial decisions (i.e. buying more home than they can afford). Foreign investors want nothing to do with the dollar since they can get better returns in other currencies.

It sucks that its happening, but its reality. Inflation is quickly kicking in, especially on imported goods, as well as certain food prices going up (from ethanol). It could be an entirely new topic, but thats whats going on with prices in a nutshell.

And when I say government, I'm also referring to the Fed, even though they are technically two separate entities, but they are tied together very closely.

Maybe those who have TIEN suspension now could sell it for more than they payed for it :mbiggrin:

Windchaser
05-02-2008, 03:43 PM
first of all...this was never an argument to start with, you had made this an argument--and i was only stating my opinion about them in the beginning. guess what? i like them, you don't like them...and im sure there are hundreds that disagree with your setup so who F'in cares? cuz i sure don't. everyone has their own opinion about EVERY product out there and there's going to be people who disagree and agree so stop bitching. if you don't like the Type Monoflex (which sucks cuz you probably ordered them from Japan) then sell it! i'll buy it from you. everyone's happy fair and square.

F#$k it! You are right. Who am I to give you a review of what I think about a set of full coilovers? WTF was I thinking trying to help out someone I don't even know? You are right, everyone that auto-crosses and use their car as a daily driver would agree that it's worth paying $2000 just to find out that the valving cannot handle a low speed bump @ 15 mph. Seroiusly, I don't even know WTF I was thinking?

jdm_ep3
05-02-2008, 04:06 PM
haha damn this tread is just funnie!!!

Tammy
05-02-2008, 11:20 PM
F#$k it! You are right. Who am I to give you a review of what I think about a set of full coilovers? WTF was I thinking trying to help out someone I don't even know? You are right, everyone that auto-crosses and use their car as a daily driver would agree that it's worth paying $2000 just to find out that the valving cannot handle a low speed bump @ 15 mph. Seroiusly, I don't even know WTF I was thinking?

you know what, i feel bad and im on the rag, lets start out on a clean plate.:focus: ok i do agree type flex are shitty at low speed bumps--especially with chicago roads. i've never tried other suspension products so i guess im biased.

20CiviC02Si
05-03-2008, 04:50 AM
Wow that sucks.... Good thing i will be upgrading from my Tein SS P's to something a little more track orientated in the future. Not sure as to what i'll be running. I am thinking either KW Varient 2's or Ohlins....

oldskoofame
05-04-2008, 02:27 PM
mind you oldskoofame, my ep is my daily as well the car i take out to the track so cannot use race spec suspension for my car. i'm sure someone who uses their EP as a racecar would use a company that manufactures a better race spec suspension than tein. until i buy another car next season to use solely for racing, yes, i'd consider other companies besides tein...but for daily driving AND track use, i prefer tein...well not quite on the EP but i love it on the EG...the Type Flex doesn't work well with EP's--its rough

That's cool.. I use race suspension and r comps for daily drive.

If they use the ep3 as a race car they're gonna have to put in atleast $20g to be competitive. Let's just hope that Tein is out the door.

Wow that sucks.... Good thing i will be upgrading from my Tein SS P's to something a little more track orientated in the future. Not sure as to what i'll be running. I am thinking either KW Varient 2's or Ohlins....

Ohlins race more

KW is like donut from the donut shop
but Ohlins is like Krispy Kreme + milk

Krispy Kreme > donut shop

What I have noticed so far is that..
when it comes to suspension costing around $1000~2000 dollars,
the japanese do it well

when it comes to suspension costing around $3000~6000+
the americans and europeans do it well