PDA

View Full Version : DC Sports titanium strut bar - good price?

az-epdrvr
04-26-2008, 08:28 AM
http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/DCS-HTT3019.html
is it good deal or not?

miragetkg
04-26-2008, 08:34 AM
http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/DCS-HTT3019.html
is it good deal or not?

Good for $150 used on the old ephatch 2 years ago.

ClouD
04-26-2008, 12:29 PM
I think it's a pretty good deal.

az-epdrvr
04-26-2008, 02:36 PM
just ordered one , we will see:ohwell:

ClouD
04-28-2008, 09:57 PM
Somebody already post this. :mwink:

ClouD
04-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Tempting.....

JCEM
04-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Well, this is news to me, so thanks!

ClouD
04-28-2008, 10:13 PM
Yeah, the title of that thread is "Yay or Nay. He should retitle to make it easier to search for. Should keep this thread open.

JCEM
04-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Ah, just found it in the Ratings & Review section. :confused:

az-epdrvr
04-28-2008, 10:22 PM
:peace:

MR.Pizza
04-28-2008, 10:37 PM
Crap thats cheap, i paid 200 used for mine.

JCEM
04-28-2008, 11:37 PM
I just ordered one too. Too cheap to pass up. And titanium is pimp.:hat:

epslow
04-28-2008, 11:49 PM
damn thats a good price...i had this strut bar a while back and it felt great on the car.

tdman77
04-28-2008, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I just ordered one.

JCEM
04-29-2008, 09:37 PM
OK, so I TRIED to order one last night. Being in Canada, it said there would be a shipping fee applied and I'd have to use Paypal, not credit card. OK, no problem. I fill out the order and it say shipping via USPost would be $39. Again, no problem, that's reasonable. I submit the order and go to bed.

I wake up this morning and check my e-mail and I have 1 each from Paypal and ep3.net saying that the order has been cancelled. According to the one from EP3.net it was cancelled because my address is not confirmed with Paypal...WTF, not true, I e-mailed ep3.net with a screen shot of Paypal showing my address as confirmed. They wrote back saying I must have not chosen the confirmed address and they can't ship to me until it is confirmed. So I figure srew it, I've never had a problem before, it must have just been a mix-up. I fill out the order form again and now shipping is $54 for the same item/same service/same address?!?

Long story short - not getting the strut bar.

MR.Pizza
04-29-2008, 09:44 PM
OK, so I TRIED to order one last night. Being in Canada, it said there would be a shipping fee applied and I'd have to use Paypal, not credit card. OK, no problem. I fill out the order and it say shipping via USPost would be $39. Again, no problem, that's reasonable. I submit the order and go to bed.

I wake up this morning and check my e-mail and I have 1 each from Paypal and ep3.net saying that the order has been cancelled. According to the one from EP3.net it was cancelled because my address is not confirmed with Paypal...WTF, not true, I e-mailed ep3.net with a screen shot of Paypal showing my address as confirmed. They wrote back saying I must have not chosen the confirmed address and they can't ship to me until it is confirmed. So I figure srew it, I've never had a problem before, it must have just been a mix-up. I fill out the order form again and now shipping is $54 for the same item/same service/same address?!?

Long story short - not getting the strut bar.

Ah man I paid 200 for mine used so even with that shipping thats a hell of a deal. I understand the pain with gaypal though, the thing only weighs maybe 1lbs so 60 bucks for shipping is lunacy.:mad:

JCEM
04-29-2008, 09:49 PM
Ah man I paid 200 for mine used so even with that shipping thats a hell of a deal. I understand the pain with gaypal though, the thing only weighs maybe 1lbs so 60 bucks for shipping is lunacy.:mad:

It's still a good deal, but by the time I pay the customs fees and shitty paypal exchange rate it will end up over $200 for a strut bar...I'm better off driving to the Acura dealer tomorrow and picking up an RSX-S rear sway bar for less money and will actually do something. It's more a matter of principle now, cuz I feel like I'm getting jerked around somehow...

MR.Pizza
04-29-2008, 10:17 PM
It's still a good deal, but by the time I pay the customs fees and shitty paypal exchange rate it will end up over $200 for a strut bar...I'm better off driving to the Acura dealer tomorrow and picking up an RSX-S rear sway bar for less money and will actually do something. It's more a matter of principle now, cuz I feel like I'm getting jerked around somehow...

Well you don't live far from me just drive over the border and I'll hand it too you.

liquid cooled
04-29-2008, 10:25 PM
anybody know if this thing is EDFC compatible?

MR.Pizza
04-29-2008, 10:51 PM
EDFC is that the torque damper you mean? I have one, had to modify the torque damper bracket a bit but it fit fine.

liquid cooled
04-29-2008, 11:00 PM
EDFC is that the torque damper you mean? I have one, had to modify the torque damper bracket a bit but it fit fine.

No, its the Electric motor things from tein to control damping force from the drivers seat (im lazy and dont want to pull panels and go under the hood to change my damping force all the time.

MR.Pizza
04-29-2008, 11:06 PM
No, its the Electric motor things from tein to control damping force from the drivers seat (im lazy and dont want to pull panels and go under the hood to change my damping force all the time.

Oh crap I new that, I must be tired. I have a pic of one installed around here let me look.

MR.Pizza
04-29-2008, 11:13 PM
Best I could do, not much room for much there.
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6128/dcstrutia3.th.jpg (http://img210.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcstrutia3.jpg)

JCEM
04-29-2008, 11:34 PM
Well you don't live far from me just drive over the border and I'll hand it too you.

Ha, I never noticed you were a Detroit guy. I'm usually over there every month or two. Came through there on the way back from Ann Arbor a couple weekends ago. Didn't see a single EP all weekend in the US :mfrown:

MR.Pizza
04-29-2008, 11:43 PM
Ha, I never noticed you were a Detroit guy. I'm usually over there every month or two. Came through there on the way back from Ann Arbor a couple weekends ago. Didn't see a single EP all weekend in the US :mfrown:

Oh yeah man I'm right on your way in Lake St.Clair area right off I-94. Not many ep's up here but a few of us stick together. Pm me if you wana work something out on that bar. By the way I'm aware that many people say these don't do squat but my ultra sensitive sphincter meter says it makes me handle the crappy roads up here better.

JCEM
04-30-2008, 12:10 AM
Oh yeah man I'm right on your way in Lake St.Clair area right off I-94. Not many ep's up here but a few of us stick together. Pm me if you wana work something out on that bar. By the way I'm aware that many people say these don't do squat but my ultra sensitive sphincter meter says it makes me handle the crappy roads up here better.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm looking at other things now. So you near St. Clair Shores? I have a friend that lives there.

jimmyjames
04-30-2008, 04:20 AM
Somebody already post this. :mwink:

Yeah, the title of that thread is "Yay or Nay. He should retitle to make it easier to search for. Should keep this thread open.
I merged the threads and changed the crappy thread title; please use one that is more informative next time so the information is easier to find.

Yo_KyleEP3
04-30-2008, 05:32 AM
thanks for the heads up i just orderd mine this morning and hopefully it will come in on friday! 125 thats a steal IMO on showstoppers is like 425 thats wack

liquid cooled
04-30-2008, 06:12 AM
^ i would be all over that but it looks like i would just have to get rid of it when i get my EDFC

SyckSiR
04-30-2008, 07:29 AM
^ i would be all over that but it looks like i would just have to get rid of it when i get my EDFC

edfc units are tiny, u'll be fine. fyi, this bar is basically just for show, theres no diff in handling whatsoever. have had one for 2 years

Yo_KyleEP3
04-30-2008, 07:58 AM
^ awee man i was hopeing it would improve something its still got the bling factor FTW

Yo_KyleEP3
04-30-2008, 08:00 AM
one more thing why is it so expensive on other sites? ie showstoppers and other places?

tdman77
05-01-2008, 07:59 PM
Just got my strut bar today via fedex. The bar is sweet except that they included the wrong bolts. It's suppose to have 120mm bolts which goes all the way through both bars and the mount but mine came with 2 15mm bolts. They are the right size but about 5inches too short.

I sent clubrsx an email about this. We shall see what kind of customer support the have.

In the meantime I think I will just go to the local hardware store and get the corrent lenght bolts. Does anyone know if titanium requires special bolts made out of titanium or if I can just get some good SS bolts for it?

:mmph:

04cvcsi
05-01-2008, 08:39 PM
edfc units are tiny, u'll be fine. fyi, this bar is basically just for show, theres no diff in handling whatsoever. have had one for 2 years
did you lift your car when you put on the front strut bar? it's recommended to unload the weight off your front struts and then putting on your FSB. otherwise, your FSB is just for bling

04cvcsi
05-01-2008, 08:41 PM
gawd, that DC sports FSB is so tempting...

jimmyjames
05-01-2008, 10:45 PM
Just got my strut bar today via fedex. The bar is sweet except that they included the wrong bolts. It's suppose to have 120mm bolts which goes all the way through both bars and the mount but mine came with 2 15mm bolts. They are the right size but about 5inches too short.

I sent clubrsx an email about this. We shall see what kind of customer support the have.

In the meantime I think I will just go to the local hardware store and get the corrent lenght bolts. Does anyone know if titanium requires special bolts made out of titanium or if I can just get some good SS bolts for it?

:mmph:One of my bolts sheared off and I was SOL. I went to Home Depot for some SS stuff and problem solved. I actually think they were more like 3.5 or 4" bolts though.
I would just spend the $1-2 and get those. Let them send some but don't get your hopes up or waste your time and effort when there is something readily available down the street for cheap.
Make sure to get lock washers and nuts too or use the locking nuts that came with the short bolts. Regular nuts will work themselves loose.

...also, there is a noticeable difference in handling with the bar. It may be a little for show but it does make the front end more rigid. Feels like it has more weight in front so steering is more deliberate if that makes sense.

MR.Pizza
05-01-2008, 11:03 PM
...also, there is a noticeable difference in handling with the bar. It may be a little for show but it does make the front end more rigid. Feels like it has more weight in front so steering is more deliberate if that makes sense.

I agree 100%, for those unbelievers drive around on the roads up here in Michigan a while.

T_Virus
05-02-2008, 08:55 AM
Hmm...when installing, is there any other modifications or removal of the AC lines to have this fit? just wondering...I might get myself one too...

Hmm...when installing, is there any other modifications or removal of the AC lines to have this fit? just wondering...I might get myself one too...

if i remember correctly, you'll have to undo the ac line so you can get the bracket underneath it. it is a very tight fit.

you wont have to do any extra modifications.

MR.Pizza
05-02-2008, 09:02 AM
I didn't have to remove anything to get the brackets to fit. If you have a torque damper you may need to modify your ETD bracket to fit though.

T_Virus
05-02-2008, 09:04 AM
I didn't have to remove anything to get the brackets to fit. If you have a torque damper you may need to modify your ETD bracket to fit though.

Darn...I have a Spoon ETD...

jimmyjames
05-02-2008, 09:06 AM
Nothing to remove. I installed mine in a parking lot one morning before work while my car was warming up.
The AC line on the passenger side of the engine needs to be pushed a little to slide the bolt in but that's it.

jeenyusss
05-02-2008, 09:10 AM
i cant aafford one right now, but would it fit over top of the revhard hard t3/t4 top mount?

MR.Pizza
05-02-2008, 09:14 AM
i cant aafford one right now, but would it fit over top of the revhard hard t3/t4 top mount?

Yeah it should fit fine, only issue I've had with it is you have to remove the bar everytime you want to check your plugs. Not enough room to pull the coilpacks out.

masonpants
05-02-2008, 09:19 AM
I ordered one as well. I also have the ingalls ETD, so I'll post up a pic of it installed when I get it in the next day or two.

jeenyusss
05-02-2008, 09:20 AM
thanks pizza man!:kiss:

AUTiger
05-02-2008, 09:35 AM
I ordered one as well. I also have the ingalls ETD, so I'll post up a pic of it installed when I get it in the next day or two.

mason, when did you make the move to Birmingham? Or are you still in Auburn?

MR.Pizza
05-02-2008, 09:42 AM
No problem bro, here's some clearance pics I found. Sorry no pics of the etd but really it's a easy mod to fit one. If you have a grinding wheel it will take just a few minutes to take off the lip of the etd bracket.

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/3503/jervon019sa0.jpg
http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/8172/jervon020od7.jpg
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/3435/jervon018nk6.jpg

jeenyusss
05-02-2008, 09:53 AM
thanks for the pics, it should clear it fine:washing:

Yo_KyleEP3
05-02-2008, 09:55 AM
cant wait for mine

T_Virus
05-02-2008, 12:47 PM

Thanks...

Kerby
05-02-2008, 09:59 PM
will this clear a k24 swap?

response will decide if i get this or not.

MR.Pizza
05-02-2008, 10:12 PM
will this clear a k24 swap?

response will decide if i get this or not.

Well I'll know in a few days,lol. But it should clear no problem.

SyckSiR
05-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Well I'll know in a few days,lol. But it should clear no problem.

yup....the k24 sits about two inches higher than k20 right? well strut bar has about 5-6 inches clearance at the mo.....

siver-SI
05-03-2008, 06:02 AM
Ok is this bar bling or not? I am thinking of getting this and the ETD from their site. Was going to get a HPF wing also but brakes are stating to wear out so doing brakes instead.

jimmyjames
05-03-2008, 06:49 AM
Ok is this bar bling or not? I am thinking of getting this and the ETD from their site. Was going to get a HPF wing also but brakes are stating to wear out so doing brakes instead.It is blinging but also helps with handling. It's no double X brace but it's not worthless. It works as well or better than any upper front strut bar out there availabe for OUR car.

talonXracer
05-03-2008, 07:16 AM
This was one of my first purchases, and if anyone says that it provides no functionality, I will buy another and use it like a baseball bat on their jello filled head! In concert with the D3 XXbrace the front end firms right up. It is a bitch to do any work on the plugs/coilpacks as you need to remove the bar to have enough room. There is more than enough room with a K24(it is only 19mm higher).

Makes sure any replacement bolts are grade 13.9 or better.

jimmyjames
05-03-2008, 07:21 AM
Makes sure any replacement bolts are grade 13.9 or better.Good point, i forgot to mention that.

siver-SI
05-03-2008, 07:27 AM
Thanks I just ordered it with my Ingalls Engine Damper. Not to bad $265 for everything shipped. Mostly when SS it $160 more for just the strut bar shipped. Well I used half of my $600 from the gov today so I did my part in helping the economy. Rest is going brakes and bills.

04cvcsi
05-05-2008, 11:36 PM
so who's installed theirs from crsx?
i assume there aren't any problems?

Blue03Si
05-06-2008, 10:27 AM
I ordered one and it came with the wrong length bolts. I tried calling the number on the instructions but was told they no longer support DC Sports products through AEM because they were sold to Pilot. I called Pilot and left a message with their tech support yesterday and haven't received a call back yet. In the mean time I called all the hardware stores in the area an nobody has a M8x1.25 pitchx120mm bolt. So I ordered some from McMaster online. Oh well.

matdbom
05-06-2008, 01:39 PM
hmm guess i hafta get one? ha

jaeguyoon
05-06-2008, 03:33 PM
hmm guess i hafta get one? ha

lower that bish first!

04cvcsi
05-06-2008, 07:54 PM
I ordered one and it came with the wrong length bolts. I tried calling the number on the instructions but was told they no longer support DC Sports products through AEM because they were sold to Pilot. I called Pilot and left a message with their tech support yesterday and haven't received a call back yet. In the mean time I called all the hardware stores in the area an nobody has a M8x1.25 pitchx120mm bolt. So I ordered some from McMaster online. Oh well.
:shocked:
i hope mine come w/ the correct length
did you tell CRSX about it? if you didn't get it from them, then nvm

siver-SI
05-06-2008, 07:59 PM
:shocked:
i hope mine come w/ the correct length
did you tell CRSX about it? if you didn't get it from them, then nvm

Hope the same thing for me. I should have it tomorrow to know. Makes you wondering if they are all like this maybe that is the reason for the huge price decrease.

04cvcsi
05-06-2008, 08:03 PM
Hope the same thing for me. I should have it tomorrow to know. Makes you wondering if they are all like this maybe that is the reason for the huge price decrease.
i doubt it
i'm pretty sure they're just way overstocked

those bolts shouldn't cost more to replace than the profits they're losing. if the reason you're saying their prices decreased, i would just replace all the bolts and keep the prices around $400

siver-SI
05-06-2008, 08:28 PM
I bet you are right just came to mind

Blue03Si
05-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Well my bolts came in today and I went out to install it. Biggest pain in the AS* every, lol. Make sure you have a universal joint before you begin, you will need it to re-tighten the strut tower bolts after you have the bar installed. I didn't have one, made it near impossible to get it aligned and re-tightened.

04cvcsi
05-06-2008, 11:53 PM
Well my bolts came in today and I went out to install it. Biggest pain in the AS* every, lol. Make sure you have a universal joint before you begin, you will need it to re-tighten the strut tower bolts after you have the bar installed. I didn't have one, made it near impossible to get it aligned and re-tightened.
joints are bad :smokin:

MR.Pizza
05-07-2008, 12:06 AM
I got my new bar the other day and just like just about everyone else I've talked to it came with the wrong bolts. I set it down next to my old one and there is a few slight differences. The quality is a bit down from the originals but overall it's still very pretty.

ohdamngetit
05-07-2008, 06:26 AM
could someone post a pic of the wrong bolts that come with the strut? and the correct bolts that are needed? I wanna jump on this but dont want to run into a headache. Thanks!

Yo_KyleEP3
05-07-2008, 06:38 AM
mine came with the wrong size bolts but a trip to homedepot fixed all it IMO its worth the 125 its basically a steam price drop from 400+ ftw

Godhand
05-07-2008, 06:43 AM
Mine came with the wrong bolts as well. It's simple. Take the 20mm that come with the package and go to Lowes and get something close to 120mm and get the new nuts is you get standard size like I did. I think i had to get like 5"x5/16" or something.

Panathrasher
05-07-2008, 08:24 AM
Mine came with the wrong bolts just like everyone elses. Go to the nearest CarQuest and they should have the correct size bolts, that's where I got mine. $2.00 out of pocket for $375.00 price drop is a win in my book.

T_Virus
05-07-2008, 08:35 AM
Please post pixs of the wrong bolts and right bolts...also please someone post a diy...

siver-SI
05-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Well I got lucky I got the correct bolts. :)

I can not belive how light that bar is. I can not wait to install it this weekend.

civiCholo
05-07-2008, 05:16 PM
just got mine in today during lunch... damn this thing is light weight!!! looks soo good under the hood too... took a whole 10min to install... lol... front end seems to be that much stiffer too in making turns... me likey!!! :D

Blue03Si
05-07-2008, 06:46 PM
just got mine in today during lunch... damn this thing is light weight!!! looks soo good under the hood too... took a whole 10min to install... lol... front end seems to be that much stiffer too in making turns... me likey!!! :D

How fun was it tightening the back bolt by the ac lines after getting the bar installed, lol.

civiCholo
05-08-2008, 05:54 AM
How fun was it tightening the back bolt by the ac lines after getting the bar installed, lol.

really wasn't too bad... although, they did send two different sized bolts... don't know if that's possible, but i know one socket fit one but not the other...

T_Virus
05-08-2008, 07:39 AM
really wasn't too bad... although, they did send two different sized bolts... don't know if that's possible, but i know one socket fit one but not the other...

Post pixs?...

creamSODA
05-08-2008, 08:37 PM
quote from CEP3 about bolt sizes...

^^ sorry but not much we can do since DC sports screwed up on that....from what i hear its hit and miss, but i do appreciate everyone's purchase

Godhand
05-10-2008, 05:32 AM
I wonder if the people fretting over these bolts and installing this bar have trouble putting on their pants in the mornings.

siver-SI
05-10-2008, 05:36 AM
Well did my install last night it looks great. It did feel good in the turns but at the same time I did an upgrade to an engine dampaner and HP+ brakes with power slot rotors. So I am not sure all that I am feeling all what is doing. I can enter the turns so much better with the brakes and engine dampaner makes the throttle feel so much better.

siver-SI
05-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Some pics of the install.

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/959/008yu0.jpg

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/1661/012id7.jpg

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/4395/015yn1.jpg

If you are wondering about the K24 there should be more then enough room.

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3971/013ru0.jpg

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3028/016je2.jpg

I got the correct bolts so got lucky. I hope this helps out anyone that is thinking about getting this.

SyckSiR
05-10-2008, 12:56 PM
all you need to do is look at the mounting brackets. those things are soooo flimsy....this bar seriously does nothing but create a lil eye candy in the engine bay.....i should know, have had it for three years....car doesnt feel any different if i take it off.

siver-SI
05-11-2008, 07:24 AM
all you need to do is look at the mounting brackets. those things are soooo flimsy....this bar seriously does nothing but create a lil eye candy in the engine bay.....i should know, have had it for three years....car doesnt feel any different if i take it off.

I was thinking the same thing till I got it bolted up and it went very riged. I am just wondering how many that installed this bar did it with their EP off the ground? I installed it with my EP off all 4's and when got it back on the ground everthing seemed to teighten up more. The bar felt more solid to me when I pulled in it then when I did it with the weight off the EP.

i also had mine for about 3 years. i noticed a difference right after the install on certain corners. but after driving it for so long, i got use to the feeling and totally forgot it was there. ended up selling it and getting a different strut bar. same difference.

T_Virus
05-12-2008, 09:29 AM
Siver-Si, can you post a closer pix of where your etd bracket and strut bar meets? I want to see if it would clear mine since I have the spoon etd....

Blue03Si
05-12-2008, 02:39 PM
I've been driving around with strut bar for a few days and love it. Great purchase.

siver-SI
05-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Silver Si, can you post a closer pix of the etd bracket and strut bar? I want to see if it would clear mine since I have the spoon etd....

Lucky you I just bought a new 8.1mp camera yesterday and I wanted to use it. So these are some of my first shots with it. I had to grind down the lip in the bracket since the bar over hung a little. I only had to do it on the one side.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/8104/sdc10010hk2.th.jpg (http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sdc10010hk2.jpg)

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6471/sdc10009ql8.th.jpg (http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sdc10009ql8.jpg)

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6237/sdc10004pq9.th.jpg (http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sdc10004pq9.jpg)

And just a nice shot the engine.
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/9986/sdc10011kk7.th.jpg (http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sdc10011kk7.jpg)

T_Virus
05-13-2008, 06:25 PM
Hmm...looks like I shouldn't have a problem putting it on with my spoon ETD bracket...thanks for the pixs...I just order the strut bar too

jshin03
05-16-2008, 04:59 PM
got my bar today. Just like most people, I got the wrong bolts. Now I have to wait til Tuesday to find this 120 mm bolt since Home Depot doesn't carry a bolt this long. =\

crappy

ohdamngetit
05-16-2008, 06:55 PM
ordered, received and got lucky. I got the right bolts. The front end does feel a lil stiffer now and it looks freakin sweet in my engine bay :smile:

T_Virus
05-16-2008, 11:55 PM
can you guys post pixs of your wrong/right bolts? I don't know what size bolts i've received...I haven't install mine yet because the temperature out side is 100 degrees...

04cvcsi
05-17-2008, 12:16 AM
can you guys post pixs of your wrong/right bolts? I don't know what size bolts i've received...I haven't install mine yet because the temperature out side is 100 degrees...
^^ yeah that

i'm waiting to get my valves adjusted before i put mine on

Blue03Si
05-17-2008, 02:12 PM
I really don't think pictures are necessary. The wrong bolts ad about 1 inch long. The right bolts are 120 millimeters = 4.72440945 inches.

T_Virus
05-17-2008, 06:47 PM
I really don't think pictures are necessary. The wrong bolts ad about 1 inch long. The right bolts are 120 millimeters = 4.72440945 inches.

Umm...ahem...cough...cough...barf:puke:...

<---Newbie...:mbiggrin:

Blue03Si
05-17-2008, 11:38 PM
Umm...ahem...cough...cough...barf:puke:...

<---Newbie...:mbiggrin:

It's all good. So now I'm dying to know if you got the right bolts or not. Seems like it's been a real crap shoot with these. LOL.

04cvcsi
05-19-2008, 01:54 AM

oh great...
i got the wrong bolts

thanks!
now it's time to figure out where to find this 120mm bolt....hmmmm
:help:

siver-SI
05-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Well I have to say I ran this bar for the first time in a SCCA solo event and I do have to say it make the stearing feel a little better. Granted this is when you are pushing your EP well past what most would do on the road.

Kodeen
06-24-2008, 06:23 PM
So I just got these, and I'm going to have to hunt for the bolts since Home Depot apparently doesn't carry metric bolts. I'll have to find a Carquest or something like that (does Napa carry random bolts?).

I was hoping someone might shed some light on the debate about whether you should have your car jacked when you install this. It makes sense to want to have pressure off the front struts when you do it, but the instructions said to install it on-ground. Any thoughts?

classiccelica
06-24-2008, 06:56 PM
That is very very good, cuz that is exactly how I got mine. I absolutly love the thing.

cerebrous
06-24-2008, 08:35 PM
have the same, strong ass tower bar.. but felt zero difference.

Rasy
06-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Well I just ordered one earlier today guys. I will take pictures of the bolt differences and SKU (if possible); if the bar comes with the wrong bolts that is.

Zeth
06-25-2008, 04:46 PM
Mine came in today with the right bolts and was a 5 minute install, trouble free.

T_Virus
06-25-2008, 11:05 PM
I'm too lazy to go searching for bolts...I haven't install mine on yet because I'm in the need of a valve adjustment...

04cvcsi
06-25-2008, 11:15 PM
I'm too lazy to go searching for bolts...I haven't install mine on yet because I'm in the need of a valve adjustment...
haha, that's the EXACT same reason why i haven't installed mine

i was supposed to get a valve adjustment tomorrow, but i'm going to put it off again until sunday

danielakatoxic
06-30-2008, 12:02 AM
just ordered mine. i cant wait to get it!

T_Virus
06-30-2008, 04:54 PM
Well I just ordered one earlier today guys. I will take pictures of the bolt differences and SKU (if possible); if the bar comes with the wrong bolts that is.

so did u get the wrong bolts or right one?

Rasy
07-01-2008, 02:41 PM
I got the right bolts, just installed mine. They were both right in length, but the diameter differed slightly by a couple of mm. Sorry I couldn't take pictures since I didn't need to change the bolts.

04cvcsi
07-01-2008, 03:15 PM
I got the right bolts, just installed mine. They were both right in length, but the diameter differed slightly by a couple of mm. Sorry I couldn't take pictures since I didn't need to change the bolts.
you
suck

Rasy
07-01-2008, 04:07 PM
you
suck

:hug:

danielakatoxic
07-01-2008, 08:18 PM
how long did it take everyone to get theirs?

Rasy
07-01-2008, 08:48 PM
how long did it take everyone to get theirs?

A couple of days.

danielakatoxic
07-01-2008, 09:05 PM
A couple of days.

damn khmer ppl and their useless info. :mtongue:

Rasy
07-01-2008, 10:16 PM
:/

I ordered Thursday and got it Monday.

04cvcsi
07-01-2008, 10:20 PM
so what are the specs of the bolts i need to get? i guess i'm gonna go to home depot sometime this week and pick them up...

i ordered mine on a monday and got them wednesday :)

T_Virus
07-01-2008, 11:13 PM

Well, you could have taken pictures of the right bolts?:mbiggrin:

danielakatoxic
07-03-2008, 06:31 AM
rasy i was j/k. haha

and got mine in yesterday. looks like i got the right stuff. :mcool:

BlownSi05
07-10-2008, 11:01 AM
just got mine monday and go the wrong bolts as well. went to Lowe's and picked up two 5/16 x 4.5in hex bolts (they did not have any metric long enough.....assholes) and two matching nuts and it worked perfect. the 5/16 diameter and at an 18 thread count was basically identical to the supposed 8x1.25x120 that only materialize every once in a blue moon. i could really feel a difference in the front end and really the entire car. guess i am going to have to do the rear bar now.

classiccelica
07-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Yeah when I got mine they did the same thing with those tiny ass 3/4 inch long bolts.

T_Virus
08-20-2008, 08:10 PM
well, I finally got the urge to go looking for the correct bolts. Lowe's and Home depo don't have the bolts...I end up buying 5/16-4.5 inch bolts which was a bit short...I should have go with the 5 inch instead of 4.5...well back to Lowe's again...

danielakatoxic
08-20-2008, 10:32 PM
well, I finally got the urge to go looking for the correct bolts. Lowe's and Home depo don't have the bolts...I end up buying 5/16-4.5 inch bolts which was a bit short...I should have go with the 5 inch instead of 4.5...well back to Lowe's again...

maybe your home depot = teh gay. mine had the correct bolts i needed.

T_Virus
08-20-2008, 10:37 PM
Damn...the 5 inch hex bolt is a bit too long...I'm going to have it trimed down...gosh...

T_Virus
08-20-2008, 10:39 PM
home depo and Lowe's only have the m8X1.25X70mm...even their m10X1.25 was 100mm

ep_hatcher_510
08-21-2008, 06:35 AM
Have you tried going to an Ace Hardware? I swear they have almost everything single bolt and nut there is.

T_Virus
08-21-2008, 07:14 AM
I'm going to go today after work...if they don't have it then I'll have to improvise and go with the trimming...

Blue03Si
08-21-2008, 07:52 AM
I'm going to go today after work...if they don't have it then I'll have to improvise and go with the trimming...

My advice is call before you go. Gas is expensive, lol. I ended up getting the right type of bolt online through mcmaster. Only problem is that the bolt i got is not made of the same grade steel, its a grade below what it should have been. Oh well.

T_Virus
08-21-2008, 12:10 PM
well...i just found out there is a ace hardware close by where i live...so I'll drop by to see...who would've thought finding the correct bold would be a _ _ _ _ _(please fill in bad word)!!!

T_Virus
08-21-2008, 10:13 PM
ace hardware didn't have crap but luckly the carquest close by had 5 of them...M8X1.25X120mm...I bought 2 but 1 cost $1.35...refunded the other 2 back to Lowes...

It was a bitch to get it installed because I have a Spoon ETD and the Spoon bracket was causing the tight installations...but my inlaw and I was able to get it in after so many bangs and bends...

Blue03Si
08-21-2008, 11:29 PM
ace hardware didn't have crap but luckly the carquest close by had 5 of them...M8X1.25X120mm...I bought 2 but 1 cost $1.35...refunded the other 2 back to Lowes...

It was a bitch to get it installed because I have a Spoon ETD and the Spoon bracket was causing the tight installations...but my inlaw and I was able to get it in after so many bangs and bends...

Its a bitch to install even with out the Spoon ETD! Its a great mod at a great price though :mbiggrin:

T_Virus
08-22-2008, 07:07 AM
yeah, it was a great price, that was why I just had to buy it...I don't like the design though and was really looking towards the Comptech but they are really hard to find...