PDA

View Full Version : DC5 R stabilizer bar

spoon3168
11-07-2002, 10:02 PM
does anyone know? does it even fit on a ep, do u guys know how much and where to get it??

chunky
11-07-2002, 10:38 PM
if you mean the rear sway bar, yes, it will fit.

you will probably have to go through optauto.com or jdmhondaparts.com or some other company that imports those parts.

a cheaper alternative is to get the rsx-s rear sway bar, it's not as thick, but is thicker than the stock bar and will fit with no modification.

ColinCivicSiR
11-07-2002, 11:16 PM
The DC5 rear bar will fit our car I'm told, without mods. I have not ordered mine yet but plan on doing so from here. Its a pretty good price and comes with the bushings.

http://store.clubrsx.com/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CR&Product_Code=DC5RRSB&Category_Code=ARSXSSWB

spoon3168
11-08-2002, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by ColinCivicSiR
The DC5 rear bar will fit our car I'm told, without mods. I have not ordered mine yet but plan on doing so from here. Its a pretty good price and comes with the bushings.

http://store.clubrsx.com/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CR&Product_Code=DC5RRSB&Category_Code=ARSXSSWB

do u know where i can find the part number, do i need the d brackets??

DynaSpeed
11-08-2002, 11:16 AM
for you that don't want the full out 22mm Type-R sway, and can settle for the 19mm Type-S, it's a lot cheaper from Acuraautomotiveparts.com

52300-S6M-A01 SPRING, RR. (19MM) 1 $60.16 $60.16
52306-S6M-A01 BUSH (19MM) 2 $3.45 $6.90
52308-S6M-000 HOLDER, R. RR. 1 $3.18 $3.18
52309-S6M-000 HOLDER, L. RR. 1 $3.18 $3.18

ColinCivicSiR
11-08-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by spoon3168

do u know where i can find the part number, do i need the d brackets??

I don't know the part number, It is a JDM or UKDM part.

No you don't need new brackets for the 22mm(i think, because I havn't got mine yet), or for the 19 mm rsx-s bar(I am sure of this, because I have the 19mm bar and the brackets are the same as ours)

Hondatech
11-08-2002, 07:10 PM
ColinCivicSiR, make sure you keep us posted on the fitment and handling charistics of the 22MM "R Bar" when you get it. I, also, have the 19mm "S Bar", and while it is a definate inprovement over stock, size DOES matter, and I'm getting the urge to go large again....

ColinCivicSiR
11-09-2002, 04:29 PM
I havn't ordered it yet.......weather here is like this right now.

I am not sure I am keeping the car either now, probably will, but it is just not competitve evough to win in G stock for SOLO II.

If and when I get it I plan on doing a test with my G-tech to see the difference.

chunky
11-09-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by ColinCivicSiR
I havn't ordered it yet.......weather here is like this right now.

I am not sure I am keeping the car either now, probably will, but it is just not competitve evough to win in G stock for SOLO II.

If and when I get it I plan on doing a test with my G-tech to see the difference.

how is the g-tech going to pick up a difference from the new sway bar?

sway bars don't increase lateral g's. they just help the car rotate so you can carve a turn with more speed with a given amount of grip.

unfortunately, the celica GT's own the g-stock. those cars w/o sunroof and other options weigh in at 2300lb and can be adjusted to have -2 degrees of front camber - camber bolts are an acceptable way of adjusting camber according to the toyota FSM.

anyone know if you can adjust camber on a honda according to the factory service manual?

ColinCivicSiR
11-09-2002, 10:04 PM
Actually, sway bars can increase G's. They help with the role of the car and thus affect contact patch, with a larger rear bar the inside front wheel is forced down more and this helps with wheel traction. They do affect rotation as well when you change the ratio from front to rear.

For example, if you were to put a 30.4 mm bar on the front and a 20mm bar on the rear of our car you would get about the same amout of understeer that we currenty have on our cars now. If you change this ration then the balance is changed. The car would corner flater than before because of the bigger bars as a whole, but the balance would still be out like our cars.

Now if you increase the rear bar or decrease the front bar this affects rotation or break away angle of each axle. A rear bar also has an impact on the front axle by applying a torsional force against the inside front wheel in a corner and thus keeping more tire in contact with the road and increasing the amount of "G's" our cars can sustain in a constant radius G-circle.

Our cars are allowed camber bolts as per the service manual, giving about 2 degrees of negative camber on the front, the rear is not adjustable with bolts but through playing with the suspention mounting points I have been able to get about degree a side.

ColinCivicSiR
11-09-2002, 10:07 PM
Oh yea, the celica GT weights 2425lbs , not 2300.