PDA

View Full Version : The Mugen motor mount thread

05silversi
04-26-2008, 06:34 PM
Why Mugen?
OE form, fit, function -- looks and fits 100% factory and retains fluid filled mount for vibration damping.

What do you get?
Front and 2 side mounts -- right side and front mounts are visually identical to factory, but have less deflection = harder rubber. Left Mugen mount is "2 legged" vs single for the OE.

What about the rear mount?
Mugen could easily have included the rear mount, why not? My theory is that as these are upgrade for the JDM CTR/ITR the factory type-R mount is sufficient and should be used. P/N 50810-S6M-013 is same as 05-06 type-S -- $60 from Acura. Mount is visibly larger than the factory one.

The install:
Same as others, maybe slightly easier because more deflection than solid urethane aids alignment, plenty of DIYs out there.

Impressions:
Slight increase in vibration at idle you hardly notice after a couple days, increased motor noise in the cabin, smoother shifting, quicker throttle response. Haven't got it to wheel hop yet.

civictype_r04
04-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Your aviator is just wrong man!:puke:

Princess
04-26-2008, 07:15 PM
Your aviator is just wrong man!:puke:

I think it's hot... and funny. lol

Princess
04-26-2008, 07:18 PM
What is the advantage of Mugen motor mounts over other respected brands like Energy motor mounts or other brands?

How much were the Mugen motor mounts? $360? You bought them new right?

Danman281
04-26-2008, 09:31 PM
anytime I see mugen my wallet gets sad. I bet they work nice though

I have engine damper not installed yet.

05silversi
04-27-2008, 09:15 AM
What is the advantage of Mugen motor mounts over other respected brands like Energy motor mounts or other brands?

How much were the Mugen motor mounts? $360? You bought them new right?

Yeah, ~$360 including the Acura mount. About the same as the 4 steel bracket Innovatives.

#1 advantage for me is factory look, that's pretty much been the theme with all my mods.

#2 is I think these will be more liveable on the street than solid urethane or the Energy inserts.

Mugen stuff may be $$$ but I think you get a bit more engineering development for your dollar than the typical aftermarket offering.