PDA

View Full Version : help!!! shifter removal problems!!!

ep3_dizon
04-26-2008, 09:56 PM
how the hell do you rotate the cable guides connected to the bottom of the shifter? what'd you use? this s**t is driving me crazy!!! i try everything i could think of... i have a buddy club short shifter in hand... please help me... and what happen to the DIY buddy club short shifter?

epmex
04-27-2008, 01:20 AM
how the hell do you rotate the cable guides connected to the bottom of the shifter? what'd you use? this s**t is driving me crazy!!! i try everything i could think of... i have a buddy club short shifter in hand... please help me... and what happen to the DIY buddy club short shifter?

thats what im asking my self yow! it disapered!

well to rotat it you have to under it its like were your pedals are att and the other side to try to get your hand in there and get ahold of the and grip em and twist you can always use a tool to get grip!

o you twist if you are on the lefft side twits towards you and push it out!

and iff you are the right side you twist towards in!

you know when a had a ruph time taking it out! i took the hole stereo out just push out with a flat screw driver and slightly and slowly take off the hole top part! it makes it much isear!:fish: good luck i cut my hands up pretty bad! kepp calm to!:mwink:

VegaS10
04-27-2008, 08:06 AM
.....umm..........what?

ohdamngetit
04-27-2008, 08:52 AM
:confused: I read this 3 times and still cant make sense of it. I kinda have an idea..... no.......... no I don't.

Fallout
04-27-2008, 09:58 AM
I think a new DIY with detailed pics is in order?

Kodeen
04-27-2008, 11:02 AM
I don't know if you've done this or not, but first you will need to remove the center console and the accessory port panel. Then you will need a wrench that can stretch out at least 1.5 inches, and rotate both cable guides counter-clockwise. They have a tendency to want to rotate back to where they were, and pulling them out (away from the center of the shifter assembly) is a little tricky. Good luck.

jtyler05si
05-09-2008, 09:17 AM
blabidy blah blah goo goo gah gah.

żIngles?

MugenReplica
05-09-2008, 10:31 AM
blabidy blah blah goo goo gah gah.

żIngles?

^Keep it on topic please.:msmile: