PDA

View Full Version : jdm peepz, who are running w/out the jdm front rebar?

Si Death
04-27-2008, 03:25 PM
I got my kit and really want to put it on but paranoid that it will be same day I get in a front end collision. Who is running without the jdm front rebar???

slo_k20
04-27-2008, 04:13 PM
just order the jdm rebar man. as long as u can afford it

cruzty
04-27-2008, 05:07 PM
I think a few guys around here are driving without rebars but for $130 save yourself the :doh: if something happend!!!!!

Siborg
04-27-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm not running one,for obvious reasons:mredface: not only the intercooler being where it would go but the thing is kinda pointless,it's like aluminum foil, I could twist it easily by hand and bend the brackets if I wanted(usdm one is a flippin tank).so it wont do anything in a wreck maybe for parking lot bumps but thats about it.

jaeguyoon
04-27-2008, 05:38 PM
I dont' have one....:mrolleyes:

i lost mine when I installed my turbo and never found it when I unistalled it...

v1c10us
04-27-2008, 05:52 PM
wait, is it possible to keep the front rebar, usdm or jdm, and have an intercooler?

Windchaser
04-27-2008, 06:17 PM
wait, is it possible to keep the front rebar, usdm or jdm, and have an intercooler?

Not really; with the jdm bumper, you barely get any room to begin with. On the USDM bumper, you can possibly keep the rebar, but would probably have to modify it depending on how big the intercooler is.

v1c10us
04-27-2008, 06:35 PM
that blows.
The jdm rebar is smaller right, so I'd think jdm rebar and USDM bumper you might be able to cut into the bumper and keep the rebar. But if the rebar is that flimsy i guess thered be no point.

03hatch
04-27-2008, 08:09 PM
front only...havent put on the rear yet.

crhatch02
04-27-2008, 08:17 PM
I dont' have one....:mrolleyes:

i lost mine when I installed my turbo and never found it when I unistalled it...

lol....how do you lose a rebar??? its like 3 feet long

Siborg
04-27-2008, 08:48 PM
that blows.
The jdm rebar is smaller right, so I'd think jdm rebar and USDM bumper you might be able to cut into the bumper and keep the rebar. But if the rebar is that flimsy i guess thered be no point.
when I still had a usdm bumper I was running the stock rebar and intercooler,it was actually mounted to the rebar with plenty of room for piping(still had to cut out the lower grill and get rid of my fogs though).

BaLisTek
04-27-2008, 09:15 PM
i've been riding with no rear rebar since october

20CiviC02Si
04-27-2008, 09:34 PM
Yeah not safe to run without one....

CivicDuty
04-28-2008, 07:24 AM
No rear is ok, no front is just scary. Without one your front end will curl up like an aluminum can in any type of moderate-high speed crash.

72chevel
04-28-2008, 07:48 AM
I just put my jdm bumper on yesterday I have the greddy intercooler I had to cut so much of the bumper away to get it to fit around the intercooler,I was just sick. but it looks pretty good IDK what to do with the rebar, the US one is huge I was thinking of cutting the brackets back to see if it could sit back further but it looks like its going to be alot of crap to get it to fit in there. Is there anyone with a intercooler that has the rebar in place??? Pics??? If it was just me driving I wouldn't be worried about it but with the family riding around .... I just don't want to take the chance.

SPAM&RICE
04-28-2008, 08:14 AM
Its not worth losing your car over something like the rebar missing, thats gonna suck, those creases in our engine bay and hood will fold under a consierable amount of force and ruin the hole car. be smart:mwink:

STP03BlueSI
04-28-2008, 08:33 AM
Modded my JDM Buddy club kit to fit the USDM rebar. Hacked the ends off of it and shaved some of the kit.:mangel:

Rather have US Spec then JDM.:laser:

renovator
04-28-2008, 09:47 AM
well, on a turbo car the FMIC is the re-bar. its like playing russian roulette everytime you go for a drive.

v1c10us
04-28-2008, 09:50 AM
when I still had a usdm bumper I was running the stock rebar and intercooler,it was actually mounted to the rebar with plenty of room for piping(still had to cut out the lower grill and get rid of my fogs though).
oh thats comforting. Good, because I was going to turbo my car, but no amount of power is worth killing yourself over.. Im not willing to take that kind of risk especially with the level if incompetent drivers on the road.
I'm a scary driver, but everyone else is scarier.

SyckSiR
04-28-2008, 09:51 AM
well, on a turbo car the FMIC is the re-bar. its like playing russian roulette everytime you go for a drive.

here in canada running without rebar or even with modified rebar can void your insurance. i dunno how they are will that stuff down there....but here if u get caught ur skrewed....

sleepingblacksi
04-28-2008, 11:45 AM
im running a custom front rebar ...does the trick plenty much better then none

iLLoGiCaL
04-28-2008, 12:56 PM
either mod the usdm or go jdm... norebar = no drive... sh*ts dangerous.

NyQuil
05-01-2008, 08:36 AM
either mod the usdm or go jdm... norebar = no drive... sh*ts dangerous.

well said. totally agree.

02nhbpep3
05-01-2008, 10:05 AM
No front rebar here, making sure I have plenty of room for my fmic

Stubby
05-04-2008, 05:19 AM
I don't have one. Just don't get in a wreck. Might play havooc with the insurance man.

stubby

Siborg
05-04-2008, 09:40 AM
that weak jdm rebar isn't stoppin shit, thats why we got the ugly ass front and rear bumpers. thats how nice cars get americanized is beefed up bumpers and weak lights front and rear to meet dot. I worry more about my rear than the front. I leave distance and try to be very observant, it's the other retards behind me. I treat it like it's an exotic car and pay extreme attention cause your screwed no matter how small or big the collision, shit before metal starts wrinkling i would already be in for like $1200 headlights,$1500 bumper/lip/grill/paint,$400 cf hood, $1000 intercooler/piping.

EP_EJAY
05-04-2008, 08:04 PM
<-- no reinforcement bar :mangel:

ep3civic2nr
05-05-2008, 06:46 AM
<-- no reinforcement bar :mangel:

me either :mconfused::crazy:

Si Death
05-07-2008, 06:46 PM
soo I went ahead and ordered the front rebar, better safe than sorry I guess

Kumar
05-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Dude it's about time. How long have you been looking for it in the classifieds and how many threads did you make lol? It's worth the money if it gives you a little more piece of mind.

RedSiBaron
05-07-2008, 07:14 PM
i have the front rebar on mine, got from chuck at showstoppers and im running the modified usdm bar from wayne at ssr...both went on perfect...i highly suggest it if you can run it, better safe than sorry...

Si Death
05-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Dude it's about time. How long have you been looking for it in the classifieds and how many threads did you make lol? It's worth the money if it gives you a little more piece of mind.

yah lol, saved up enough to get a new one

CivicS
05-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Get The Rebar.........better Than Sorry

2005rollingegg
05-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Get the rebar, it can save your life.

humpmasterflex
05-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Rebar > you

If you have no rebar and get into any type of accident.... have fun with not getting covered by the insurance!!! That's all I have to say!

Kumar
05-11-2008, 01:09 AM
Get the rebar, it can save your life.

Rebar > you

If you have no rebar and get into any type of accident.... have fun with not getting covered by the insurance!!! That's all I have to say!

Have either of you actually seen the jdm rebar( front or rear) because they are thin as hell. While it's better than not having one you can't compare those to the usdm ones.

xjuxtapozx
05-11-2008, 02:46 PM
isnt there a place where we can get our front rebar modified to fit the jdm front bumper ?

team ERA 5
05-11-2008, 03:02 PM
isnt there a place where we can get our front rebar modified to fit the jdm front bumper ?

front jdm rebar fits perfectly, it's the rear you have to worry about modifying.

xjuxtapozx
05-11-2008, 05:31 PM
ohh ok so where can we get or rear one done?

RedSiBaron
05-11-2008, 05:33 PM
ohh ok so where can we get or rear one done?

call wayne at ssr, hell hook you up...his shop makes a killer modified usdm rear to work with the jdm bumper...

xjuxtapozx
05-11-2008, 05:37 PM
PM for his # plz :mangel:

RedSiBaron
05-11-2008, 05:54 PM
PM for his # plz :mangel:

SSRs number is (408) 306-8383

i keep it in my phone :mbiggrin:

you may have to wait a lil bit cuz he has to send the usdm rebar to the shop to get modified and hten hes gotta wait for his guy to modify it...so dont freak out when it takes a lil bit, just ask him up front what his fabriction schedule on it is...i didnt know that when i bought mine and i didnt understand the situation so i got a little frustrated, but i know better now...he may have some ready to go though...youll just have to call tomorrow

72chevel
05-12-2008, 05:59 AM
SSRs number is (408) 306-8383

i keep it in my phone :mbiggrin:

you may have to wait a lil bit cuz he has to send the usdm rebar to the shop to get modified and hten hes gotta wait for his guy to modify it...so dont freak out when it takes a lil bit, just ask him up front what his fabriction schedule on it is...i didnt know that when i bought mine and i didnt understand the situation so i got a little frustrated, but i know better now...he may have some ready to go though...youll just have to call tomorrow

I bought the rear from ssr took about a week to make it nice workmanship have not put it on yet. still trying to figure out if I should mod the front or buy the jdm bar also thinking about using the old rear rebar on the front it looks smaller so it might not need as muching cutting done to it.

RedSiBaron
05-12-2008, 06:33 AM
I bought the rear from ssr took about a week to make it nice workmanship have not put it on yet. still trying to figure out if I should mod the front or buy the jdm bar also thinking about using the old rear rebar on the front it looks smaller so it might not need as muching cutting done to it.

well its going to just stick out too far, and the compound bends in the metal are what give the front strength, youd have to take material off the front and if regular plate it just put there, it wont be as strong...

a lot of people bitch about how "thin" the jdm one is, but it has the compound angles on the front surface which add stiffness to it...try it with a piece of cardboard and youll get my drift...

i say man up and buy the front rebar...i got mine from chuck from showstoppers along with the 3rd brake light delete, and when i called he charged me something stupid cheap like 100 shipped...that could have to do with the fact i had already spent money with him for my body parts but all the same he might be able to help you out :mwink:

xjuxtapozx
05-12-2008, 03:46 PM
so we have to buy the jdm rebar, we cant use our stock one?

parkjehhyun
05-30-2008, 09:28 AM
where can you get a jdm front rebar?

RedSiBaron
05-30-2008, 10:20 AM
where can you get a jdm front rebar?

call showstoppers or SSR

twep
05-30-2008, 01:45 PM
it's very unsafe to run it without a re-bar....

i would spend that extra money to have the potential to save your life!

72chevel
06-09-2008, 10:23 AM
I ended up running without the front rebar between JDM bumper and my intercooler it wasn't going to work.

ep3civic2nr
06-09-2008, 12:19 PM
i took my JDM front off and put my USDM with HFP until i get the rebar.

bmyers4321
06-09-2008, 02:01 PM
im running with out one for right now. ill probly get one when i order the jdm rear whenever that is gonna be.

Princess
06-09-2008, 02:16 PM
That JDM rebar will keep you safer in an accident. If you are a gambler and not worried about safety (and perhaps laws and possible insurance issues) and you want your car to weigh less, then go without rebars. It's hard to find weight to remove from the front of the car so removing the rebar is an option. Rebars are boat anchors, aren't they? I don't know exactly how much they weigh. If you wreck your car, just buy a new car (assuming you live to talk about it). My plan personally is to go JDM bumpers with no rebars for weight loss. I know some people have gone without JDM rebars and regretted it when they got in an accident, but I plan on taking the risk anyways.

QUEEN
06-10-2008, 02:08 AM
Safety first. I'd get it.

RedSiBaron
06-10-2008, 05:58 AM
That JDM rebar will keep you safer in an accident. If you are a gambler and not worried about safety (and perhaps laws and possible insurance issues) and you want your car to weigh less, then go without rebars. It's hard to find weight to remove from the front of the car so removing the rebar is an option. Rebars are boat anchors, aren't they? I don't know exactly how much they weigh. If you wreck your car, just buy a new car (assuming you live to talk about it). My plan personally is to go JDM bumpers with no rebars for weight loss. I know some people have gone without JDM rebars and regretted it when they got in an accident, but I plan on taking the risk anyways.

they weigh so little you would never notice it, just put the damn things on...

k20z1
06-14-2008, 07:21 PM
i wouldn't do it.. my freind's intergra had a jdm front end swap, and it had no rebar.. he was going like 5-10 KMH and hit a mazda6. His WHOLE FRONT END was gonE