PDA

View Full Version : ESMM help

nightbear
04-27-2008, 06:00 PM
anyone know any good tricks on getting the subframe on with the esmm (motor mounts) i dont remmeber it being this hard the first time.

03_CivicSi
04-27-2008, 07:54 PM
try using a jack...

dobbs02si
04-27-2008, 08:07 PM
anyone know any good tricks on getting the subframe on with the esmm (motor mounts) i dont remmeber it being this hard the first time.

Take the rear mount off so all you have to line up is the front, then you can work the rear one over the s/f once you get it bolted up.

nightbear
04-28-2008, 06:21 AM
correction the subframe is on the engine isnt centered with the new motor mounts its only off by a bit

FoReVaPmP
04-28-2008, 06:45 AM
correction the subframe is on the engine isnt centered with the new motor mounts its only off by a bit

WD40 will work wonders in trying to realign the subframe...... spray it on the MM itself.

Take a pic so we can see where it's off.....:mredface:

ALL MotoR Ep3
04-28-2008, 07:22 AM
your best bet is to find somebody with engine lifts and go from there..because to me its much easier than jacking up the car...its saves more time and is much safer to me.

nightbear
04-28-2008, 09:24 AM
your best bet is to find somebody with engine lifts and go from there..because to me its much easier than jacking up the car...its saves more time and is much safer to me.

thats what i was thinking but too bad i dont know anyone with that, i was trying to be a human engine lift too abd it didnt work out so well.

nightbear
04-28-2008, 09:24 AM
WD40 will work wonders in trying to realign the subframe...... spray it on the MM itself.

Take a pic so we can see where it's off.....:mredface:

yea i was thinking about doing that, its only off by a little bit, i havent worked on it that hard, cuz im at school but im gonna just try that when i get back.

FoReVaPmP
04-28-2008, 10:24 AM
yea i was thinking about doing that, its only off by a little bit, i havent worked on it that hard, cuz im at school but im gonna just try that when i get back.

If you need any help, send me a PM and I'll give you my number.:cell:

nightbear
04-28-2008, 11:14 AM
If you need any help, send me a PM and I'll give you my number.:cell:

that would be sick, diong the subframe is such a pain by yourself ill let u know if i need help

oogy-boogy
04-28-2008, 11:16 AM
Grease the $hit out of the inserts. Makes a huge difference in ease of installation.

blkep322
04-28-2008, 01:08 PM
Grease the $hit out of the inserts. Makes a huge difference in ease of installation.

haha agreed. i made mine to where they slipped out of my hands when trying to hold them.

ALL MotoR Ep3
04-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Damn.....a lift is perfect for installing this mod....its quick 1,2,3 process instead of jacking it up on jack stands and being under the car uncomfortable..

nightbear
04-28-2008, 09:48 PM
Damn.....a lift is perfect for installing this mod....its quick 1,2,3 process instead of jacking it up on jack stands and being under the car uncomfortable..

yea i was doing my turbo, its real gay when the i forget what its called those joints pop out when ur trying to get the subframe on with the control arms, horrible design.