PDA

View Full Version : Quaife LSD's are now in stock

talonXracer
04-28-2008, 02:04 PM
KingMotorSports has the new Quaife LSD's in stock. 995$

and some info regarding the wavetrac system from Quaife http://www.autotechdriveline.com/a_wavdiff.htm

nightrider2002
04-28-2008, 02:25 PM
I noticed that a couple of weeks ago. Wish I had the money to buy one. It would be a great thing to have when swapping motors, or even with the A3.

Lucid Moments
04-28-2008, 03:06 PM
New? Is there some sort of change or improvement?

ALL MotoR Ep3
04-28-2008, 03:15 PM
i hope for that price that there is new improvements to the product..because OBX and stock LSD's are cheaper and they get the job done.

frankdogg
04-28-2008, 03:16 PM
yeah i read somewhere on the pre-crash ephatch thread that quaife was changing up some things b/c costs were going up etc.

so the NEW LSDs are different...how, i have no clue.

Windchaser
04-28-2008, 03:18 PM
What is the difference? I bought mine for $850 shipped in a group buy awhile back. So what is the difference with the new one?

SyckSiR
04-28-2008, 05:28 PM
yea, em1 on k20a sells em for 880 shipped.....bump for news on the changes.

&REY
04-28-2008, 07:10 PM
I think he means that LSD is new not used, and that king didnt carry it before

talonXracer
04-28-2008, 07:22 PM
These are a different design from QuaifeUSA. A better design as it addresses wheel spin when both tires are lightly loaded. It is labled a ATS differential where the old design was called ATB.

Laz's EP
04-29-2008, 05:43 AM
We need a group buy on this

Kerby
04-29-2008, 10:53 AM
I second that! :second:

mustclime
04-29-2008, 10:58 AM
:mfrown::mfrown:

ALL MotoR Ep3
04-29-2008, 03:01 PM
:mfrown::mfrown:

I feel the disapointment too........but i still feel obx is better.....and gets the job done just like quaife LSD..

playap07
04-29-2008, 03:35 PM
what would an lsd do? i know its called limited slip diff but what would the benifits be? does it benefit a turboed a3?

SyckSiR
04-29-2008, 05:34 PM
what would an lsd do? i know its called limited slip diff but what would the benifits be? does it benefit a turboed a3?

lol, definatly man...traction traction traction!!!! power to both front wheels instead of just one.....

I feel the disapointment too........but i still feel obx is better.....and gets the job done just like quaife LSD..

uhhhhhh, pardon me?????? R U INSANE?

Kerby
04-29-2008, 05:39 PM
here we go again.... isn't this the reason why epcrack crashed the first time?:focus:

SyckSiR
04-29-2008, 05:43 PM
here we go again.... isn't this the reason why epcrack crashed the first time?:focus:

uhhh, no, it was cause the server deleted the site....:mrolleyes:

MugenReplica
04-29-2008, 05:45 PM

No, get your facts straight before posting please.

Thank you for your attempt at input though.

MugenReplica
04-29-2008, 05:48 PM
uhhh, no, it was cause the server deleted the site....:mrolleyes:

Thank you!:yo:

ALL MotoR Ep3
04-29-2008, 06:03 PM
lol, definatly man...traction traction traction!!!! power to both front wheels instead of just one.....

uhhhhhh, pardon me?????? R U INSANE?

NO just smart why pay almost 900 for a LSD + labor putting it in.....when you can buy obx for half the price....and it gets the job done just like quaife does....now a days you can get 06 si trannys for like $1000.....and there isnt anything wrong with OBX because there is a lot of people running them....so unless you tell me the difference you cant really say im insane because they both come with lifetime warranty and both do the same thing...all your doing is paying for Quaife's name because they both do the same shit

Kerby
04-29-2008, 06:03 PM
**edit**

you know what... your not even worth it.

SyckSiR
04-29-2008, 06:28 PM
NO just smart why pay almost 900 for a LSD + labor putting it in.....when you can buy obx for half the price....and it gets the job done just like quaife does....now a days you can get 06 si trannys for like $1000.....and there isnt anything wrong with OBX because there is a lot of people running them....so unless you tell me the difference you cant really say im insane because they both come with lifetime warranty and both do the same thing...all your doing is paying for Quaife's name because they both do the same shit

holy wrong. Ok first, obx warranty does not include race use, quaife's does. Quaife is ready to use out of the box, like any decent NEW product. In order to use an OBX it must be disassembled and rebuilt. OBX is not a QUALITY product. Yes some ppl have used them and had success, but that doesnt put them anywhere close to quaife in terms of reliability and quality. thats like calling a mitsou the same as a sharp aquos because they both have the same one year warranty. You get what you pay for, and no they are not the same.

ALL MotoR Ep3
04-29-2008, 07:24 PM
holy wrong. Ok first, obx warranty does not include race use, quaife's does. Quaife is ready to use out of the box, like any decent NEW product. In order to use an OBX it must be disassembled and rebuilt. OBX is not a QUALITY product. Yes some ppl have used them and had success, but that doesnt put them anywhere close to quaife in terms of reliability and quality. thats like calling a mitsou the same as a sharp aquos because they both have the same one year warranty. You get what you pay for, and no they are not the same.

I guess your right...thats why i have stock OEM LSD......and let me guess you have quaife LSD in your tranny...?????????? and dont forget they have been crazy storys about quaife breaking on people also

playap07
04-29-2008, 07:53 PM

whats this dude talking about????

SyckSiR
04-29-2008, 08:25 PM
I guess your right...thats why i have stock OEM LSD......and let me guess you have quaife LSD in your tranny...?????????? and dont forget they have been crazy storys about quaife breaking on people also

i do have a quaife in my tranny, but i have taken a look at all the available gear driven lsd, as i did not want to deal with the frequent lube changes needed with clutch type. oem is fine but i think only good to about 300-350 hp, i also got a great deal on my quaife so it made it even better

oem dc5r lsd on ebay 399 - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-HONDA-ACURA-DC5-INTEGRA-TYPE-R-HELICAL-LSD-RSX-EP3_W0QQitemZ200220415351QQcmdZViewItem

adrian1281
04-30-2008, 01:40 PM

IMO...
Quaife > OEM LSD > OBX

sometimes in life you really do get what you pay for...

talonXracer
05-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Here is a link to an explaination of the Wavetrac system in the new Quaife LSD's.
http://www.autotechdriveline.com/a_wavdiff.htm

frankdogg
05-06-2008, 01:44 PM

i believe this guy was being sarcastic b/c the OBX vs QUAIFE LSD is a waste of space/memory/time.

its always the QUAIFE people that have to dog the OBX guys. Then its the OBX guys trying to defend themselves.

Jpax
05-06-2008, 01:47 PM
OMG! I got to get one of these!

AHHHHhhh why is it so expensive!

ALL MotoR Ep3
05-06-2008, 02:05 PM
IMO...
Quaife > OEM LSD > OBX

sometimes in life you really do get what you pay for...

Well if i had the money i would i still buy a obx b4 i buy Quaife......Im from NY and most of the fast hondas in LI thru the New City Region uses OBX and even people from NJ with 9 sec civics using OBX LSD's......and I havent heard about none of them Breaking On Them........Now if you said Phantom LSD's then I would say yeah they suck but OBX doesnt suck at all and they definitely get the Job Done.....

frankdogg
05-06-2008, 02:09 PM
OMG! I got to get one of these!

AHHHHhhh why is it so expensive!

don't act like you aint go the hook up joe. :fencing:

talonXracer
05-06-2008, 02:09 PM
OBX=chinese garbage

Now take the time to finish it properly and they are as good as a Honda LSD, but still worlds away from Quaife in quality and durability.

Guardian
05-06-2008, 02:15 PM
you dont have a LSD its a open diff

i believe this guy was being sarcastic b/c the OBX vs QUAIFE LSD is a waste of space/memory/time.

wheres the "yeah that" smiley?

ALL MotoR Ep3
05-06-2008, 03:14 PM
you dont have a LSD its a open diff

wheres the "yeah that" smiley?

Yes I do have LSD....I got a Type-R Tranny..

talonXracer
05-06-2008, 03:35 PM
The great part of this new design differential, is the tunability. The center section actually burrows from a snowmobiles CVT rear clutch design and rotates on a cammed surface as a reaction to torque and spring pressure.

mustclime
05-21-2008, 03:18 PM
The great part of this new design differential, is the tunability. The center section actually burrows from a snowmobiles CVT rear clutch design and rotates on a cammed surface as a reaction to torque and spring pressure.

ordered mine last sunday....they are out of stock till the 27th but then they should ship........:mcool:

Kerby
05-22-2008, 11:02 AM
Guardian and frankdogg: you guy are the best. Hit it right on the fricken nose! People here need to chill and relax.

Next month starts my drivetrain upgrade phase. I'll let you know about these new quaife units.

jpax... you think you can get a group buy going?!

parkjehhyun
05-30-2008, 06:38 PM
ahahah. OBX can't compare with quaife. gonna take me a while to get the quaife's though. freakin costs a G.

mustclime
06-06-2008, 12:15 PM
still waiting for mine ordered on the 21st, they were not in stock..........:mcry:

SyckSiR
06-06-2008, 01:28 PM
still waiting for mine ordered on the 21st, they were not in stock..........:mcry:

rough, i;d like to feel the difference between the old and new quaifes....mine's badass. but its the old one

mustclime
06-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Here is a link to an explaination of the Wavetrac system in the new Quaife LSD's.

OK Doug, let me clear something up.....there are 2 completely different differals here and people are getting them mixed up.

The first is the quaife atb lsd....It is made in the UK and that is the one that everyone knows....

The second is the Autotech that uses Wavetrac rather than the atb. The Autotech is suppose to be made in America by the people that import the Quaife. You see the short coming of atb is if one wheel looses all traction, your lsd acts like a open diff. The wavetrac has friction plates that will still bind the 2 sides if you go to zero traction on one wheel.... In short, you brake a Axel with the Autotech, the car will still move like a clutch type diff.

this is the link on wavetrack......

Here is a link showing the 2 different lsd's....

http://www.autotechdriveline.com/diff_torque.shtml

the important thing to remember is if you order a Quaife....you will get a Quaife not a Autotech.....

The other important thing to know is if you order a Autotech....you have a wait on you hands( think months)....So I changed my order to a Quaife....And it is sitting right here ready for the trans rebiuld....:msmile:

D.A.V.E.
07-07-2008, 10:17 AM
This new LSD looks nice, but I'd have 2 concerns:

1) Reliability? The Quaife has a great track record, does this new one?

2) Wear? The thing I like about the ATB, is there are no true "friction surfaces" like with clutch LSDs. It is hard to tell, but will you have to replace those friction plates over time?

mustclime
07-07-2008, 10:50 AM
This new LSD looks nice, but I'd have 2 concerns:

1) Reliability? The Quaife has a great track record, does this new one?

2) Wear? The thing I like about the ATB, is there are no true "friction surfaces" like with clutch LSDs. It is hard to tell, but will you have to replace those friction plates over time?

thats the reason I bought the quaife:mangel:

03Si757
07-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Id say just buy the ITR Tranny.

blksi02
07-07-2008, 12:33 PM
We need a group buy on this

I agree! i want one

mustclime
07-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Id say just buy the ITR Tranny.

You can keep the finnal drive though.....the type-r lsd with its cast housing is a issue over 300 hp...........:mangel:

EP3_U_SEE
07-14-2008, 11:46 PM
wish i can afford this!!!