PDA

View Full Version : info needed for rear JDM lip install

72chevel
04-28-2008, 06:56 PM
It seems info for lip install was deleted anyone have partnumber info for the clips that install the rear lip to the bumper? also there seems to be some kind of clip/nut that needs to go in there to fasten the lip to the bumper.

Siborg
04-28-2008, 07:08 PM
I had all the part #'s saved in my pm's:boom:

JunSIR
04-28-2008, 11:12 PM
i need that info too please pm me if anyone finds it!!

72chevel
04-29-2008, 04:18 AM
So I got a quote from the UK the way it looks I need 32 and 35. IDK there is more to it than this quote shows there is like 2 more places on each end where it looks like there is a connection.

05silversi
04-29-2008, 09:16 AM
Yeah, that was my thread with all the part numbers.

You are correct, will need 4 each of #s 32 and 35, these are the only ones that need to be sourced from Japan or UK. Also will Need:

# --- part number ----- desc ---- qty
31 -- 90126-SA7-000 -- screw -- 2
38 -- 90345-S04-000 -- clipnut -- 2
36 -- 90305-SH3-000 -- clipnut -- 2
39 -- 90501-SM4-003 -- bolt ---- 2

All available from US Honda. Everything else will reuse your factory parts.

72chevel
04-29-2008, 09:29 AM
great, thanks for the info!

RedSiBaron
04-30-2008, 08:46 AM
if you want to know what I did on mine, i used the same screws for the lip that they use on the mudflaps, and there should be atleast one back there, i used the pop in clips that you would use in the fender liner for the 2 underneath, and i used the pop in clips that came with my type r side skirts and i pushed them through the holes in the bumper, then pulled the teeth out...it made it so they pulled the lip on very tight, i highly suggest this...

05silversi
04-30-2008, 08:53 AM
i used the pop in clips that came with my type r side skirts and i pushed them through the holes in the bumper, then pulled the teeth out...it made it so they pulled the lip on very tight, i highly suggest this...

Yeah, that would work. Doubt anyone can picture what you're describing without having done the install though. Need pics.

d-unit
04-30-2008, 09:10 AM
Does the Lip not come with the clips already?

SHIT....

RedSiBaron
04-30-2008, 09:15 AM
Does the Lip not come with the clips already?

SHIT....

mine didnt...but if you order sideskirt clips from honda you can use those...

lookup the 04/05 usdm sideskirts and buy the little clips...i cant remember how many you need on the rear bumper, but i cant imagine it would be more than 6...so just order 6 or 8, leftovers are extras you can use if you ever need to remove the lip...

basicly there are little slots on the lip for the slide in clips, there are holes on the bumper, you push the clips through and pull the tabs out to make sure they hold securely...buy the clips, buy the bumper, buy the lip, and when you have them all infront of you and look you will know EXACTLY what i mean...

d-unit
04-30-2008, 09:20 AM
mine didnt...but if you order sideskirt clips from honda you can use those...

lookup the 04/05 usdm sideskirts and buy the little clips...i cant remember how many you need on the rear bumper, but i cant imagine it would be more than 6...so just order 6 or 8, leftovers are extras you can use if you ever need to remove the lip...

basicly there are little slots on the lip for the slide in clips, there are holes on the bumper, you push the clips through and pull the tabs out to make sure they hold securely...buy the clips, buy the bumper, buy the lip, and when you have them all infront of you and look you will know EXACTLY what i mean...

i have them all already except the clips but i havent unwrapped them yet, k bro, do you know the part numbers so i can call up honda and have them asap?

RedSiBaron
04-30-2008, 09:28 AM
i have them all already except the clips but i havent unwrapped them yet, k bro, do you know the part numbers so i can call up honda and have them asap?

yah no problem, they hold the lip on really tight...also make sure you have enough screws for the ends of the lip to the ends of the bumper in hte fenderwell, so you will want to order those too...i say unwrap them and peek...or pull up my members ride and you might be able to see, i think i have 2 on each side though...

d-unit
04-30-2008, 09:29 AM
yah no problem, they hold the lip on really tight...also make sure you have enough screws for the ends of the lip to the ends of the bumper in hte fenderwell, so you will want to order those too...i say unwrap them and peek...or pull up my members ride and you might be able to see, i think i have 2 on each side though...

Yeah i just looked it didnt come with any :(

Do you know exactly which part numbers and how many of each i need?

That way i can go to my honda dealer and get it asap!

d-unit
04-30-2008, 09:54 AM
i called my Honda Dealer and they said the part number was 91503-SZ3-003, but im not 100% that is the right one, i just want to make sure before i buy 8 of em

RedSiBaron
04-30-2008, 10:50 AM
i called my Honda Dealer and they said the part number was 91503-SZ3-003, but im not 100% that is the right one, i just want to make sure before i buy 8 of em

ill look it up right now!!!

(edit)
ok...this is what i found

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/catimgs/14S5S0_B4210.gif

im not sure if its 31 or not...32 looks like a sticky clip that honda sells but i really cant tell, and what makes me nervous about 31 is that on the ctr sideskirts for example, they use all of one type of pop in clip (which are the ones i used on the bumper) but there is 1 smaller pop in clip that goes on the "fin" of the skirt...so i dont know, though if i had to guess it is 31...

if the clip is white, then its the right clip, if its black then its the smaller one, i know that much...

sorry thats all i can come up with right now while at work...

(edit2)
i just noticed that honda lists the 31 as 18 required, which tells me they are correct, sorry they dont list a part number on the website, so i dont know how to check, but that is the same diagram that the honda dealer will have on the 04 si...

so 31 is correct...haha...after thinking about it, i think you only need 4, so if you buy 8 that means that if you ever have to pull the lip again you can replace the clips to ensure they dont fail at a later time, since you have to pull the tabs on teh clips outward after you push them through (again they werent designed for this purpose but they work exceptionally well)

d-unit
04-30-2008, 12:00 PM

DOPE!
ill just bring the diagram in and see someone in the parts department and tell them what part i need, lol... im also going to order the ctr sideskirts and if those dont come with clips would i be able to use these same ones or is it different?

thanks for your help dude

RedSiBaron
04-30-2008, 12:32 PM
DOPE!
ill just bring the diagram in and see someone in the parts department and tell them what part i need, lol... im also going to order the ctr sideskirts and if those dont come with clips would i be able to use these same ones or is it different?

thanks for your help dude

god i wish i had pictures from my install...as for the CTR skirts, if you have an 04/05 you will be able to use the exact same clips, if you are getting the ctr skirts new then they will come with the clips, the only thing will be that you wont have the holes drilled on the quarter panel for the clips, so you can either drill holes yourself, OR honda sells sticky clips which slide into the slots for the clips on the sideskirts...and that little problem spot with no drill holes is only on the 3 or 4 clips on the "fin" of the skirt...

NOW, if you have the 02/03 ep, then you need to either drill for every clip, which i highly discourage because the chance you'll screw up is almost certain without a template...NOW the option for the 02/03 skirts is using the sticky clips i mentioned above, which are available from honda america...

i used sticky clips since i have an 02 and htey are HOLDING UP GREAT...

something else i suggest is using the underbody clips available from www.japanparts.com

there are 2 per side, they use 2 screws nad 1 snap in clip, they are some added support and safety to hold the skirt in place...there is a spot to drill on each skirt to add a 3rd underbody clip, i did this and i highly suggest it...

d-unit
04-30-2008, 12:59 PM
yeah i have an 02 EP3, i think i'll just get the sticky clips for it!

thanks again mang

RedSiBaron
04-30-2008, 05:35 PM
yeah i have an 02 EP3, i think i'll just get the sticky clips for it!

thanks again mang

hey no problem at all man, just pm me with any type r body part questions and ill help you out...if you could do me a huge favor though, take pictures of your side skirts and rear bumper/lip install before, during and after...cuz id like to get pics together for a DIY...if you are doing the front bumper id love that too...thanks man!!

72chevel
04-30-2008, 07:00 PM
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh27/72chevel/reartyperbumper.gif

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh27/72chevel/sideskirtpics.gif

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh27/72chevel/typerdecals.gif

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh27/72chevel/typerfrontbumper.gif

I found this type R manual thing that I downloaded its got a ton of info in it check it out

05silversi
04-30-2008, 09:18 PM
I found this type R manual thing that I downloaded its got a ton of info in it check it out
Got a link?

72chevel
05-01-2008, 03:22 AM
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3706082/Honda_Civic_2001-2002_UK_and_USDM__including_Type-R_K20A2_and_tu

NyQuil
05-01-2008, 06:28 AM
dont have a torrent program here at work (and would prefer not to), if someone can give me part numbers for these screws I will love you forever (no homo)- 02-03 jdm front lip to bumper screws

RedSiBaron
05-01-2008, 06:32 AM
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh27/72chevel/reartyperbumper.gif

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh27/72chevel/typerdecals.gif

thats not correct though on the rear lip...there is nothing to screw into back there, just some slotted clip slots like on the side skirts...thats how you get it from honda, unless they sell little slide in clips in japan that have threaded holes for bolts, but from honda japan the lip comes with no clips in the slots...soooo.....yah...heads up, my method might be better and cheaper, unless you want to call japanparts and track down the slot in screw holes and bolts but...thatll be more expensive

though ill admit that if i had known about ^^^THAT^^^ i would have ordered the parts to do that...

72chevel
05-01-2008, 07:50 AM
Yea the picture seems to be missing those clips that the screw goes into. the partnumbers should be on this one. I should have the rest of the partnumbers for the front later today.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh27/72chevel/rearbumpernumbers.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh27/72chevel/pricesrearbumper.jpg

NyQuil
05-01-2008, 07:55 AM
Yea the picture seems to be missing those clips that the screw goes into. the partnumbers should be on this one. I should have the rest of the partnumbers for the front later today.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh27/72chevel/pricesrearbumper.jpg

is that for the jdm front lip to go on bumper?

72chevel
05-01-2008, 08:00 AM
Yea the bottom one is the type r lip I am not sure what the other piece is above it, Hfp lip?? any one else got a quess?

NyQuil
05-01-2008, 08:39 AM
Yea the bottom one is the type r lip I am not sure what the other piece is above it, Hfp lip?? any one else got a quess?

wonder why there are no reference numbers (like the one above it)? I'm such a visual person.

xjuxtapozx
05-11-2008, 02:53 PM
best info ever
:peace:
when i do the jdm look ill be sure to reference this!

RedSiBaron
05-11-2008, 03:28 PM

hfp what are you talking about??? if you mean in the same diagram thats the rubber valence that goes under the bumper, its the stock piece on our bumper

72chevel
05-11-2008, 03:47 PM
hfp what are you talking about??? if you mean in the same diagram thats the rubber valence that goes under the bumper, its the stock piece on our bumper

yea it is that #3 that I wasn't sure about but valence would make sense.

So does anyone have the part numbers for the front lip. 5,6,11 and 12 and screw #48

72chevel
05-11-2008, 04:21 PM

Here is the partnumbers for the side skirt installation

letter B screw,2 you reuse those from the wheel well
letter D is 91503-SZ3-003 can be bought from the states and are also used on the top and bottom of the front bumper and the bottom of the rear bumper.

Letter E is the Japan version for the 02 si you need the sticky tape version so you don't have to drill holes you just clip it in and it sticks to car they work real well Most people skip everyother cause they are are a little spendy for 20 plus of these! I think these can still be bought in the states last I heard they were back ordered.
is called clip,side sill GA
91513-S5S-E01

Letter F is japan version for the 02 si you just use double sticky tape clean the area real good and use a good 3m tape.

Letter G is the screw that holds the bracket H on the skirt you need 4 per side so 8 per car I think these need to be ordered from uk or japan.
90104-SR2-003

Letter H is the underbracket 2 per side 4 per car clip D goes though the hole at the top into the car body underneath. I think these need to be ordered from uk or japan.
71804-S5A-R00

RedSiBaron
05-11-2008, 04:44 PM
i should mention that you can get all the underbody clips and such from japanparts.com i had them add them to the list of parts on their ep3 page...

72chevel
05-12-2008, 03:42 AM
You got any partnumbers on the front spoiler bolts and spacers?

RedSiBaron
05-12-2008, 06:28 AM
You got any partnumbers on the front spoiler bolts and spacers?

if you are talking about the bolts that hold the front lip onto the front bumper, i do not have those, i didnt run them, i just screwed the ends of the lip on, the damn thing stays on by itself pretty much...if you want to order them, email japanparts.com and they will give you a diagram and ask which numbers it is, you can tell them which it is, and then they will add them to the list of parts on the site and you can order them...i highly suggest that...then you can just direct people there to buy them

72chevel
05-12-2008, 06:37 AM
email sent will see what comes back! thanks

RedSiBaron
05-12-2008, 08:27 AM
email sent will see what comes back! thanks

no problem, just remember they are in japan, so you will get a response at a weird time, and give them a few days to get back to you...they get a lot of emails, but htey are really cool and really helpful...i like doing business with them...plus they are very respectful and polite and i like that in this industry...too many distributors are too informal...

05silversi
05-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Letter G is the screw that holds the bracket H on the skirt you need 4 per side so 8 per car I think these need to be ordered from uk or japan. 90104-SR2-003
Can source these from Acura US.

72chevel
05-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Ok thanks I edited it letter H "Underbracket" needs to be bought in Japan or UK right?

d-unit
05-12-2008, 06:04 PM

(edit)
ok...this is what i found

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/catimgs/14S5S0_B4210.gif

im not sure if its 31 or not...32 looks like a sticky clip that honda sells but i really cant tell, and what makes me nervous about 31 is that on the ctr sideskirts for example, they use all of one type of pop in clip (which are the ones i used on the bumper) but there is 1 smaller pop in clip that goes on the "fin" of the skirt...so i dont know, though if i had to guess it is 31...

if the clip is white, then its the right clip, if its black then its the smaller one, i know that much...

sorry thats all i can come up with right now while at work...

(edit2)
i just noticed that honda lists the 31 as 18 required, which tells me they are correct, sorry they dont list a part number on the website, so i dont know how to check, but that is the same diagram that the honda dealer will have on the 04 si...

so 31 is correct...haha...after thinking about it, i think you only need 4, so if you buy 8 that means that if you ever have to pull the lip again you can replace the clips to ensure they dont fail at a later time, since you have to pull the tabs on teh clips outward after you push them through (again they werent designed for this purpose but they work exceptionally well)

i went to the dealership and showed him that diagram and he went to the back and grabbed me 6 of number 31 and gave them to me for free .. im gonna check the bumper and rear lip tomorrow and see if thats what i should use to bolt it up

72chevel
05-12-2008, 07:17 PM

Here is the partnumbers for the side skirt installation

letter B screw,2 you reuse those from the wheel well
letter D is 91503-SZ3-003 can be bought from the states and are also used on the top and bottom of the front bumper and the bottom of the rear bumper.

Letter E is the Japan version for the 02 si you need the sticky tape version so you don't have to drill holes you just clip it in and it sticks to car they work real well Most people skip everyother cause they are are a little spendy for 20 plus of these! I think these can still be bought in the states last I heard they were back ordered.
is called clip,side sill GA
91513-S5S-E01

Letter F is japan version for the 02 si you just use double sticky tape clean the area real good and use a good 3m tape.

Letter G is the screw that holds the bracket H on the skirt you need 4 per side so 8 per car I think these need to be ordered from uk or japan.
90104-SR2-003

Letter H is the underbracket 2 per side 4 per car clip D goes though the hole at the top into the car body underneath. I think these need to be ordered from uk or japan.
71804-S5A-R00

check the partnumbers against this I just added the partnumbers today.

RedSiBaron
05-12-2008, 07:36 PM
i went to the dealership and showed him that diagram and he went to the back and grabbed me 6 of number 31 and gave them to me for free .. im gonna check the bumper and rear lip tomorrow and see if thats what i should use to bolt it up

excellent man thats great news!!

d-unit
05-12-2008, 08:22 PM
check the partnumbers against this I just added the partnumbers today.

yeah the only thing is that im not talking about the side skirts :)

although i do have them, ill probably have to order the sticky tabs?

so let me get this right (i have 02-03) i put the clip through and on the end it is sticky tape and itll stick to the undercarriage? lol im just trying to get my facts straight

RedSiBaron
05-12-2008, 08:41 PM
yeah the only thing is that im not talking about the side skirts :)

although i do have them, ill probably have to order the sticky tabs?

so let me get this right (i have 02-03) i put the clip through and on the end it is sticky tape and itll stick to the undercarriage? lol im just trying to get my facts straight

no...the sticky clips are just flat adhesive plates that you pull the protective plastic off and you stick the sideskirt onto the car, you buy the underbody clips to help support the bottom and you screw the front of the skirt on...

d-unit
05-12-2008, 09:06 PM
no...the sticky clips are just flat adhesive plates that you pull the protective plastic off and you stick the sideskirt onto the car, you buy the underbody clips to help support the bottom and you screw the front of the skirt on...

ok so im gonna use the double sided tape and then drill the end into the end of the wheelwell

RedSiBaron
05-13-2008, 06:57 AM
ok so im gonna use the double sided tape and then drill the end into the end of the wheelwell

hahahahah NO!...the sticky clips are your adhesive, thats what they do...there are pre drill holes in the front of hte skirt and in your fender lip for the screws in the front, haha

Long310
05-13-2008, 07:32 AM
so the rubber valance goes on the jdm bumper then put the jdm lip on or the other way around? because i just leave the rubber valnce on the stock bumper thinking it's not meant to be on jdm one

d-unit
05-13-2008, 07:35 AM

hey pal, part 31 is incorrect, the part number that you need to clip the rear lip to the rear bumper is 91503-523-003, i only ordered one ha ha because i wasnt sure and it was $5 :boom:... but anyways it clipped in and is hanging on perfectly, there was 4 little holes in the back middle part of the bumper that i used #31 for, which is in chevel's diagram as letter E clip 11 i think

d-unit
05-13-2008, 07:56 AM
hahahahah NO!...the sticky clips are your adhesive, thats what they do...there are pre drill holes in the front of hte skirt and in your fender lip for the screws in the front, haha

you're confusing the fuck out of me lol

what part number are the sticky clips

the part number you told me to use for the rear bumper is

91504-SP1-003 - this looks like it would be a sticky clip but there is no adhesive on it... i used part number 91503-523-003 and there are 2 points in which it clips

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/1061/donavonstuff010zs5.jpg

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7012/donavonstuff009ik4.jpg

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/342/donavonstuff004zo8.jpg

these are the parts you said i need

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/5571/donavonstuff011jd7.jpg

and i wanted to see if there was anything special i should use for these here

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/2213/donavonstuff012gj5.jpg

Also, would like to open a new can of worms.. 04-05 front lip... do i use 91503-523-003 just like the rear? :blabla:

RedSiBaron
05-13-2008, 08:18 AM
so the rubber valance goes on the jdm bumper then put the jdm lip on or the other way around? because i just leave the rubber valnce on the stock bumper thinking it's not meant to be on jdm one

hey pal, part 31 is incorrect, the part number that you need to clip the rear lip to the rear bumper is 91503-523-003, i only ordered one ha ha because i wasnt sure and it was $5 :boom:... but anyways it clipped in and is hanging on perfectly, there was 4 little holes in the back middle part of the bumper that i used #31 for, which is in chevel's diagram as letter E clip 11 i think

haha youve missunderstood me, if you read my early posts youll see i mentioned that you need the 2 pop in clips for the underside, which you bought 2 of...i was telling you to get 8 of #31 right? how many holes do you have on the bumper...4...and i todl you that you would need extra if you ever took it off right?:mwink: i was telling you to get #31 to hold the lip to the bumper in those 4 holes...and you didnt use the pop in clips right, you slide them into the retainers on the lip and push them through the bumper, you have them going through the bumper, what are they clipping to???

you're confusing the fuck out of me lol

what part number are the sticky clips

the part number you told me to use for the rear bumper is

91504-SP1-003 - this looks like it would be a sticky clip but there is no adhesive on it... i used part number 91503-523-003 and there are 2 points in which it clips

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/1061/donavonstuff010zs5.jpg

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7012/donavonstuff009ik4.jpg

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/342/donavonstuff004zo8.jpg

these are the parts you said i need

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/5571/donavonstuff011jd7.jpg

and i wanted to see if there was anything special i should use for these here

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/2213/donavonstuff012gj5.jpg

Also, would like to open a new can of worms.. 04-05 front lip... do i use 91503-523-003 just like the rear? :blabla:

ok dude, the sticky clips are for THE SIDE SKIRTS, i was missunderstanding what you were talking about, you dont need any sort of adhesive to hold the rear bumper or lip on anywhere, see those holes you were asking about, you use screws through those holes, and the stock locations are already in the fenderwell, you dont need to drill the fenderwell...

d-unit
05-13-2008, 08:48 AM
haha youve missunderstood me, if you read my early posts youll see i mentioned that you need the 2 pop in clips for the underside, which you bought 2 of...i was telling you to get 8 of #31 right? how many holes do you have on the bumper...4...and i todl you that you would need extra if you ever took it off right?:mwink: i was telling you to get #31 to hold the lip to the bumper in those 4 holes...and you didnt use the pop in clips right, you slide them into the retainers on the lip and push them through the bumper, you have them going through the bumper, what are they clipping to???

i dont know what they are clipping to, lol im sooo confused now :mconfused:

ok dude, the sticky clips are for THE SIDE SKIRTS, i was missunderstanding what you were talking about, you dont need any sort of adhesive to hold the rear bumper or lip on anywhere, see those holes you were asking about, you use screws through those holes, and the stock locations are already in the fenderwell, you dont need to drill the fenderwell...

yep got it now, sticky clips are for the sideskirts, now what is the part number for the sticky clips? is it 91513-S5S-E01?

also what part numbers do i need to put the 04-05 front lip on the 04-05 front jdm bumper?

sanks!

d-unit
05-13-2008, 09:08 AM
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/4546/donavonstuff002bd2.jpg

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8520/donavonstuff001gw5.jpg

d-unit
05-13-2008, 09:11 AM
one more question, since this is jdm, and i have CDM (canadian) - do i just remove the rear rebar and im good to go?

RedSiBaron
05-13-2008, 09:25 AM
i dont know what they are clipping to, lol im sooo confused now :mconfused:

yep got it now, sticky clips are for the sideskirts, now what is the part number for the sticky clips? is it 91513-S5S-E01?

also what part numbers do i need to put the 04-05 front lip on the 04-05 front jdm bumper?

sanks!

no clue on the 04-05 stuff, on the 02-03 it all fit together snug and i just screwed the ends of the lip onto the bumper in the stock mounting locations...

ill check one of my spare sticky clips on my lunch break to check part number

d-unit
05-13-2008, 09:57 AM
THANKS MAN

also just found out i cant get 91513-S5S-E01 until the end of the month but i need to put the skirts on for the car show on the 24th, any alternative baron?

thanks

RedSiBaron
05-13-2008, 11:05 AM
THANKS MAN

also just found out i cant get 91513-S5S-E01 until the end of the month but i need to put the skirts on for the car show on the 24th, any alternative baron?

thanks

yah im pretty sure thats the sticky clip part number...a good alternative is using doublesided 3m adhesive tape, im not sure where to get it, all i ever found was some crappy 3m stuff, its out there, prolly goto home depot or lowes and find some heavy duty double sided adhesive...then you can stick it to the tabs in the skirt...

as for the rear lip, it looks good but do this for me, post pics of the INSIDE of the lip and the INside of the bumper and ill explain, and post a pic of 1 of the #31 clips

72chevel
05-13-2008, 02:16 PM
THANKS MAN

thanks

before the server delete I remember people were talking about the long wait for those sticky clips and some one here had extra ones for sale but I don't remember who.

minivan_assassin
06-28-2008, 02:14 PM
After three years of fiddle faddle I'm finally going to get my sideskirts put on right with the underside brackets. Question is, how long has it taken for you guys to get your stuff from japanparts.com. I haven't ordered yet, I'm just trying to get a timeline down.

05silversi
06-30-2008, 10:40 AM
how long has it taken for you guys to get your stuff from japanparts.com.
< 2 weeks

RedSiBaron
04-16-2011, 10:31 AM
bumping this good thread to help answer questions until i have time to put together a sticky worthy thread like we used to have that outlines the process

DA9_GSR
04-16-2011, 01:02 PM
Loving this topic

rd02SiR
05-19-2011, 03:46 PM
This thread has been a great help with my jdm side skirts.

Do I need that rubber strip that goes along the top of the skirt? Mines all fubar, so i was thinking if using the 3m double sided foam tape.

And for those with an 02/03, did you have to drill under the car to bolt up the under support brackets?

rd02SiR
05-20-2011, 08:27 AM
So on my 02, there are pre drilled holes under the car, exactly where the under body support goes. Then use push clips.

usedep3
05-20-2011, 02:54 PM

Do I need that rubber strip that goes along the top of the skirt? Mines all fubar, so i was thinking if using the 3m double sided foam tape.

And for those with an 02/03, did you have to drill under the car to bolt up the under support brackets?

So on my 02, there are pre drilled holes under the car, exactly where the under body support goes. Then use push clips.

so you do have predrilled holes underneath your ep3? i always thought the 02/03 usdm/cdm ep3 never came with those holes.

also, you dont need to replace that rubber gasket on the sideskirt. most people run the skirts without them.

rd02SiR
05-20-2011, 04:03 PM
Yup I have 3 predrilled holes, right where the brackets go under. I guess it's essentially the same chassis, so it would the same holes. I also found larger holes under there as well. Ones with rubber plugs in them, like 3-4 at least per side.

EPtyper
05-20-2011, 07:41 PM

I used 3M Super Weatherstrip & Gasket Adhesive on the rubber strip. I got it @ AutoZone. I think it would be a good idea to keep it on there. Help evacuate water and from scratches forming from the parts vibrating.

Oh, and I have always been jealous you guys got Milano Red as an option.

RedSiBaron
05-20-2011, 08:53 PM
Yup I have 3 predrilled holes, right where the brackets go under. I guess it's essentially the same chassis, so it would the same holes. I also found larger holes under there as well. Ones with rubber plugs in them, like 3-4 at least per side.

the chassis is the exact same, the only difference is the rear rebar mount points...thats all i have found to be different between the usdm and edm chassis...add in the RHD bulkhead for ukdm and jdm chassis...they all have "ep3" on them for a reason...we have a type r chassis, we are just missing the type r bits that came bolted on it in other countries