PDA

View Full Version : After the Fall of EPHatch. . .

chet
04-28-2008, 09:53 PM
After we lost all of the last 4 years or so, I feel like the site's simply deflated. People are trying to start up similar threads that we had before, but its almost depressing. We had posted SO MUCH INFO. It would be nice to recover what we lost, I know it won't happen--SHE GAWN!!

Type Stephen
04-28-2008, 09:56 PM
It's okay. When someone asks a question, you can feel like a complete badass having the correct answer the first time around. :)

Windchaser
04-28-2008, 10:03 PM
It's okay. When someone asks a question, you can feel like a complete badass having the correct answer the first time around. :)

or feel like a complete dumbass because it feels like deja vu :mangel:

ClouD
04-28-2008, 10:07 PM
It sucks cause I had alot of good info saved as favorites and I can't pull it up no more. It was really good info.

its a ivtec
04-28-2008, 10:28 PM
there def. was a good amount of info that was lost..but oh well time to start over and help the newbs ..

mannyboy23
04-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Yeah man I feel what your saying all that useful info down the drain damn but hey we all noobs once again

ALL MotoR Ep3
04-29-2008, 04:08 PM
there def. was a good amount of info that was lost..but oh well time to start over and help the newbs ..

Word I agree with its a ivtec......

Its a fresh new start its better then not recovering anything or not having the site back up period....

so be happy that the site is trying to make a recovery..

02Si&07Si
04-29-2008, 09:06 PM
Word I agree with its a ivtec......

Its a fresh new start its better then not recovering anything or not having the site back up period....

so be happy that the site is trying to make a recovery..

Yea if anything its clearing all the postwhore bull and allowing us to post solid info.. Much more DIY's than when we first started. And less BS since no one wants to post it all again lol.

chet
04-29-2008, 09:24 PM
Pax was cool enough to open this thread back up. He's been taking a lot of heat, and it really was NOT his fault guys. So we have to remember that when we gripe about the site. I've gained more thru this site than any other automotive site I've spent time on.

There's just not much we can do about it. . .We need to pitch in on a really big external hard drive for Pax so he can back up the entire site on it!!

really really big

Type Stephen
04-29-2008, 09:41 PM
No kidding. What happened was completely out of his hands. I do appreciate that alot of people are continuing to repost information that was lost.

oldschoolimport
04-29-2008, 09:57 PM
I do appreciate that alot of people are continuing to repost information that was lost.

we all do! :mwink:

MidnightRacer59
04-30-2008, 06:57 AM
With time, it will get better. We may or may not get back all the information, but there are already so many people on this forum that are more informed because of what this site used to be. In due time my friends, in due time!

RON
04-30-2008, 07:04 AM
It isn't that big of a deal. As long as the real OG's are still here to answer our questions the infor will come back!

Fallout
04-30-2008, 07:17 AM
I can definitely say that the DIY write ups i've read so far have mostly been EXCELLENT! Nothing like reading about how to do something and having detailed pics and info to change what would be a trial and error thing, for alot of us, into a smooth process. I'm new here in general but even I can see the potential for this place to be great again. The new (err.. old?)EPhatch.com has already has already helped me out!

Nitrofaint
04-30-2008, 07:22 AM
Chet, I didnt even know you still check this forum once in a while. Good to see you're out there.

..and if you're like "WTF who is this?" It's David from St. Louis.

chet
04-30-2008, 01:29 PM
Chet, I didnt even know you still check this forum once in a while. Good to see you're out there.

..and if you're like "WTF who is this?" It's David from St. Louis.

haha! Sup Dave? I recognized the avatar I think. Actually, I check the Hatch daily for the most part. Sometimes its the only way I stay in contact with certain people. I guess I post where I think I can help, which isn't much, :amen:

My problem is my EP is basically ready for a big overhaul I think. . .Would love to put the $$ together for a swap, and build it for HIIIIIGH revs. I just don't know if I want to do it. The hard part is selling a car that's not running that great.

SiiK20
04-30-2008, 01:37 PM
With time, it will get better. We may or may not get back all the information, but there are already so many people on this forum that are more informed because of what this site used to be. In due time my friends, in due time!

^ Thats agreed!!

klik
04-30-2008, 01:55 PM
hella newbss hehehe!

Nitrofaint
05-02-2008, 06:07 AM
haha! Sup Dave? I recognized the avatar I think. Actually, I check the Hatch daily for the most part. Sometimes its the only way I stay in contact with certain people. I guess I post where I think I can help, which isn't much, :amen:

My problem is my EP is basically ready for a big overhaul I think. . .Would love to put the $$ together for a swap, and build it for HIIIIIGH revs. I just don't know if I want to do it. The hard part is selling a car that's not running that great.

Whats wrong with it. PM me.

RedSiBaron
05-02-2008, 07:59 AM
I can definitely say that the DIY write ups i've read so far have mostly been EXCELLENT! Nothing like reading about how to do something and having detailed pics and info to change what would be a trial and error thing, for alot of us, into a smooth process. I'm new here in general but even I can see the potential for this place to be great again. The new (err.. old?)EPhatch.com has already has already helped me out!

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!?!?!? hahahaha cinci eh??? where abouts?? since your new i dont know you...

but this is exactly why im here, i need to help pay back ephatch for what it gave me, i know the full type r body part install, so i need to inform people and get that info back up cuz ephatch gave me that, theres plenty here and just cuz ephatch was reborn, we need to put the info back for the newbs and for those of us coninuing to work on the ep...it has to be done, plain and simple, plus as much as i tried to like clubep3, i just dont like it that much...

ephatch fo life! hahaha

FoReVaPmP
05-02-2008, 08:05 AM
WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!?!?!? hahahaha cinci eh??? where abouts?? since your new i dont know you...

but this is exactly why im here, i need to help pay back ephatch for what it gave me, i know the full type r body part install, so i need to inform people and get that info back up cuz ephatch gave me that, theres plenty here and just cuz ephatch was reborn, we need to put the info back for the newbs and for those of us coninuing to work on the ep...it has to be done, plain and simple, plus as much as i tried to like clubep3, i just dont like it that much...

ephatch fo life! hahaha

:msmooch::mbiggrin:

jimmyjames
05-02-2008, 08:07 AM
For the most part, everyone who made DIYs kept the info. It has mostly been all reposted and I think any holes will be filled rather quickly by us that have, or will do, the procedure again soon.
The way I see it is that we lost the chatter and clutter from the last 4 years.

It's a time for housekeeping, everyone gets to help out.

RedSiBaron
05-02-2008, 08:11 AM
For the most part, everyone who made DIYs kept the info. It has mostly been all reposted and I think any holes will be filled rather quickly by us that have, or will do, the procedure again soon.

this is true, the clutter being gone and 4 years of zombie thread possibilities are gone, so thread resurrection isnt as big of an annoyance (for hte time being..)

ALL MotoR Ep3
05-02-2008, 08:12 AM

I agree....that is definitely true...ephatch is rebuilding to be stronger this time...for all getting upset you should be racking up info and helping to make it stronger.