PDA

View Full Version : K20A ecu on K20A2

ep-unit
04-28-2008, 10:32 PM
Can the K20A2 run properly on the type-r ecu, because i just wanna know if i can get it running to bypass the immobilizer because the type-r doesn't have it. i'll get k-pro later, just a little low on cash that's why

ep-unit
04-29-2008, 04:35 PM
any input....

ALL MotoR Ep3
04-29-2008, 04:41 PM
YEA it should work... I dont see why it wouldnt but the map might be off a little because both motors have different cams and compression...but you should be good to go..

ep-unit
04-29-2008, 05:55 PM
anyone else think otherwise........

ALL MotoR Ep3
04-29-2008, 06:05 PM
anyone else think otherwise........

Nope after 26 views and nothing has been said I guess other people dont think otherwise......bump for you though...

blackbelt
04-29-2008, 06:31 PM
I think you can but I wouldn't really get into it to much.

talonXracer
04-29-2008, 06:58 PM
You will have to rewire your fuel pump relays, and it will NEVER pass emissions. You may have an issue or two with the oil pressure sensor.

thisisagame24
04-29-2008, 07:13 PM
just out of curiosity why wouldnt it pass emissions?

ALL MotoR Ep3
04-29-2008, 07:20 PM
just out of curiosity why wouldnt it pass emissions?

I would like to know the same answer...can you please explain....???

Euroyellowep3
04-29-2008, 07:26 PM
maybe its not obd 2... not sure though. It has catylitic converters, but not sure on the evaporative emission control though. maybe doug can clarify

Mickey
04-29-2008, 08:03 PM
maybe its not obd 2... not sure though. It has catylitic converters, but not sure on the evaporative emission control though. maybe doug can clarify

Yes its not OBD II. That is why Im using my stock EP3 ecu with KPro on my
k20a swap.

SiR R8TD
04-29-2008, 08:12 PM
I ran a K20A.kal on my Z1 & it was very rich, horrible. I don't think the K20A ecu is worth using for your A2.

ep-unit
04-30-2008, 12:23 AM
so what about running the a2 on the a3 ecu just to the dealer to reset the ecu won't it still be running lean or off......

Gilmour
04-30-2008, 07:10 AM
I've ran a PRC ECU on my K20a2 swap in my EK. I passed emissions testing cause I was tested in a hot rod class here. So just a tail pipe test no obd testing. I'm sure you will fail the odbII with that ECU in your EP. But if you don't need testing yes the car runs fine (a little rich), however vtec is high on that ECU and I found that with the Type S tranny you can just fall out of vtec. Type R tranny must be a little shorter on the gearing.

If you already have a PRC ecu then sure run it. If you need to buy one I wouldn't, cause they go for about half the price of Kpro.

ep-unit
04-30-2008, 12:19 PM
I've ran a PRC ECU on my K20a2 swap in my EK. I passed emissions testing cause I was tested in a hot rod class here. So just a tail pipe test no obd testing. I'm sure you will fail the odbII with that ECU in your EP. But if you don't need testing yes the car runs fine (a little rich), however vtec is high on that ECU and I found that with the Type S tranny you can just fall out of vtec. Type R tranny must be a little shorter on the gearing.

If you already have a PRC ecu then sure run it. If you need to buy one I wouldn't, cause they go for about half the price of Kpro.

was your A2 stock, and did you have k-pro, because i heard the PRC ecu doesnt have the immobilizer that's why, right? also would it be running bad on the A3 ecu just to get to the dealer, which most people recommend, i figured that the A2 and the K20A is sorta the same but when compared to the A3 which is more off in compression, etc, etc....

Jpax
05-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Can the K20A2 run properly on the type-r ecu, because i just wanna know if i can get it running to bypass the immobilizer because the type-r doesn't have it. i'll get k-pro later, just a little low on cash that's why

I wonder If Hondata would have an answer on this one? :mwink:

Hondata
05-01-2008, 11:27 AM
It will run the car, but not as well as a PRB ECU. The fuel pump will not work without rewiring. Realize that the PRC is missing output circuitry that is needed to run nitrous if you upgrade to K-Pro.

Jpax
05-01-2008, 01:25 PM
It will run the car, but not as well as a PRB ECU. The fuel pump will not work without rewiring. Realize that the PRC is missing output circuitry that is needed to run nitrous if you upgrade to K-Pro.

Thanks ! :hungry:

JCEM
05-01-2008, 09:46 PM
I met a guy once who had a K20A2 swapped into an EM2 civic and was using a K20A ecu. It ran, but he had problems with bad hesitation about half way through the rev range. From the passenger seat it didn't feel like it was running very well to me, but I think he had some other issues as well.

ALL MotoR Ep3
05-01-2008, 09:53 PM

WOW...thanks for the info because i didnt know that.....

ep-unit
05-02-2008, 02:50 PM

what exactly needs to be rewired, yah the fuel pump but where can i look for the wires and what is to be done

Jpax
05-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Just wondering if you can get a K20A2 ECU and just get it reflashed? might be safer then trying to rewire stuff. I dont konw your curent situation, just a heads up.

ep-unit
05-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Just wondering if you can get a K20A2 ECU and just get it reflashed? might be safer then trying to rewire stuff. I dont konw your curent situation, just a heads up.

then what about driving it on the A3 ecu to the dealer to get the A2 reset, won't it throw off my timing and etc...

Jpax
05-03-2008, 11:30 PM
then what about driving it on the A3 ecu to the dealer to get the A2 reset, won't it throw off my timing and etc...

your A3 stock ECU will not run that K20A2 properly