PDA

View Full Version : newbie question but can somebody help?

odyessy SI
11-08-2002, 02:48 PM
i really wanna get rid of my stock stereo and i have my aiwa stereo all ready to go i was hopin someone could give a step by step install for a stereo with pics if possible. from taking out the stock stereo to putting in the new one thanks.

dustinhurley
11-08-2002, 05:46 PM
I don't think you can install it. You need a dash kit to mount your head unit. If you look at the stock stereo, it is shaped oddly. If you take it out, you have to fill that hole with something of the same shape. A dash kit does this and provides a standard rectangular hole that your head unit slides into. People have custom made dash kits to fit off of the Civic coupes, I believe. But, you will have to sand it and paint it silver if you want it to look clean and stock. If I am wrong about the availability of a dash kit, let me know; I want one too.

odyessy SI
11-09-2002, 12:48 AM
thanks already knew dat...and yea the dashkit is available i was plannin on pickin one up anyone else on how to remove the stock one and install a new one? or do the kits come with directions?

labelhunter
11-09-2002, 07:13 AM
They make the silver dash kits??? Where??? i went on the metra website the other day and emailed a guy he said that its black.

odyessy SI
11-09-2002, 09:18 AM
yea i was reffering to the black ones sorry if i was misleading in the post before:p

BarracksSi
11-09-2002, 11:10 AM
Dang it, I saw a step-by-step post regarding taking apart the dash just in the last day or two, but I can't find it now.

I'm still looking -- I'll post the link if I find it.

-------------------------

Found it --

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3024&highlight=dash+AND+install

dustinhurley
11-09-2002, 11:55 AM
Anyone know the exact color of our dash? I would go nuts if I painted a dash kit and it didn't match perfectly.

odyessy SI
11-09-2002, 03:05 PM
THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!! man this makes my weekend thanks for finding that link man i am so freakin happy o yea did i mention THANKYOU:D :D :D :D

BarracksSi
11-09-2002, 09:17 PM
LOL

Have fun, don't break anything...

For color matching, I might try a PANTONE color selection guide. This is something that a paint store would be able to help with -- a good one should be able to custom-mix a matching paint if nothing is available "stock".

Jpax
11-12-2002, 11:17 PM
There is a SILVER DASH KIT out now taht fits perfectly by metra, and scoshie i cant spell but ask a CAR stereo place that is knowledgeable....... they should be able to call one of the two and get it for you.... and if you want the wireing digram

the wires going to it are as follows.
for the factory blue radio plug

Radio 12v | white/red +
Radio 12v | Black -
Radio illuminate | red/black +
- = negitive + = positive. DUH.
LF Spk | grn/blk - lt green +
RF Spk | Grn/yel - Gry/red +
LR | blu/wht - blu/blk +
RR | pink - blu/yellow +

labelhunter
11-13-2002, 04:19 AM
There isnt a silver kit i looked high and low couldnt find one

Jpax
11-13-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by labelhunter
There isnt a silver kit i looked high and low couldnt find one

http://metra.victorytechnologies.com/images/product_images/99-7860.jpg

ok whatever.......;)

labelhunter
11-13-2002, 03:07 PM
If you can give me a Phone # so i can get one that will be great... I cant find one i just bought a black one from crutchfeild. im doing my install sunday. Please help! Thanks Paxie

jaydub
11-13-2002, 04:56 PM
Nobody has been able to *purchase* one of these kits yet. The car has two model years under its belt, and so far the kit has yet to be seen. The mere fact that Metra would sell an 02 Si specific kit in BLACK is fuggin stupid.

labelhunter
11-13-2002, 04:59 PM
Thats what im saying. I just emailed scosche well see about part #HA1572b