PDA

View Full Version : installing Tanabe rear H-bar

4angrybadgers
04-29-2008, 08:59 AM
I bought a Tanabe rear H-bar. Last week I went to install it, but I ended up staring at it feeling like an idiot - I can't figure out where it's supposed to bolt to the chassis. Does it bolt onto factory holes in the sheet metal, or do I have to drill new ones? :mmph:

Godhand
04-29-2008, 09:52 AM
I bought a Tanabe rear H-bar. Last week I went to install it, but I ended up staring at it feeling like an idiot - I can't figure out where it's supposed to bolt to the chassis. Does it bolt onto factory holes in the sheet metal, or do I have to drill new ones? :mmph:

Same here, that's why I havn't bought one yet.

BTW, angry, what color is your EP3? I was in Hburg a couple weekends ago and saw a blue ep. I tried to wave but they didn't see me, and it was dark. If it wasn't you, you might know who it is. It's my first ep3 spotting since I got mine three years ago.

thechromecoyote
04-29-2008, 10:02 AM
lower or upper?

SPAM&RICE
04-29-2008, 10:06 AM
lower or upper?

I didnt think they made a upper H brace, thought it was just lower H.

thechromecoyote
04-29-2008, 10:12 AM
I didnt think they made a upper H brace, thought it was just lower H.

i didnt know either which is why i asked :mconfused:

bunk
04-29-2008, 10:15 AM
You have to do some modification to get it to fit... like using your dremel on the sheet metal and getting some longer bolts.

I used to have a thread about it on here, but it is long gone now.

4angrybadgers
04-29-2008, 10:44 AM
Same here, that's why I havn't bought one yet.

BTW, angry, what color is your EP3? I was in Hburg a couple weekends ago and saw a blue ep. I tried to wave but they didn't see me, and it was dark. If it wasn't you, you might know who it is. It's my first ep3 spotting since I got mine three years ago.

03 VBP, yellow fogs up front, LS meshies, fart can out the back. :mbiggrin: Do you live around Hattiesburg?

You have to do some modification to get it to fit... like using your dremel on the sheet metal and getting some longer bolts.

I used to have a thread about it on here, but it is long gone now.

I bought it used from another member, so I assume he sent me the right bolts. (I'll probably have to email him about it.)