PDA

View Full Version : MAJOR Issue! Help please.

03Si757
04-29-2008, 02:52 PM
Ok well some of you might know I just swaped a K24a1 into my 03 Civic Si. Well today I was just driving, minding my own business when my CEL comes on. And to my surprise, my car starts to run like pure crap. Well I stop by the closest auto parts store and had these codes pulled. 7 in total.

P0500
P1298
P1166
P0340
P0141
P0171

Sympthons im having are:
Crappy low speed acceleration, Rough running feel, Speed odometer is not working at all, Check battery light is on and stays on, EPS light goes on and off, car is sorta back firing. This is just to name a few things I noticed. Could this be a ECU problem?

clutch797
04-29-2008, 03:04 PM
sounds like it, what kinda of em are you running? Kpro is your best bet. I have a k24a1 and i have no problems with it. I'm running kpro and it's smooth. I am street tuning it right now but so far so good.

03Si757
04-29-2008, 03:07 PM
But alot of people have ran a K24a1 swap on a stop ECU, these problems just poped up. Im wondering if the ECU just went bad?

ALL MotoR Ep3
04-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Yes a lot of people do run there stock ecu but i think it was davis who did this swap and said he had to up the fuel a little because the a3 ecu makes the motor run lean...if I was you I would get Kpro..It is definitely worth the $$$ especially in the long run....

talonXracer
04-29-2008, 03:22 PM
Sounds like you have a ground problem, or the engine/charge harness isnt connected properly.

its a ivtec
04-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Yes a lot of people do run there stock ecu but i think it was davis who did this swap and said he had to up the fuel a little because the a3 ecu makes the motor run lean...if I was you I would get Kpro..It is definitely worth the $$$ especially in the long run....

x2!..stock ecu should only be used temporary if at all...jus get kpro

clutch797
04-29-2008, 04:31 PM
I needed at add 20% to the high speed fuel and 15% to the low to get the a/f right. The a3 ecu makes it run lean and I'm sure it will hurt you down the road. get kpro and street tune.

talonXracer
04-29-2008, 05:02 PM

You run the TypeS injectors with the A3's ECU on a K24A1 and it is almost spot on.

03Si757
04-29-2008, 05:52 PM
Well I think I may have an idea of what the problem is, I think I grounded out the secondary 02 which may have damaged my ELD sensor. SO im going to replace the O2 and the ELD and see what happends. Also will replace the Crank sensor in the process just for shyts and giggles. Daym me for putting the defouler on the 2nd o2. And i kinda twisted the wires trying to screw them back into the header, opps. BIG mistake, gonna cost me 2. Well see what happends.

Dave again if you read this man, thanks. You def sold me a Kpro. Now just gotta get the funds to get one :mbiggrin:

03Si757
04-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Well, I checked my fuses under the dash (totally forgot about those) and my Alternator fuse (#4) was blown. this may have caused alot of issues, and was probably caused due to one of my o2's possibly grounding, I will check up on it and let yall know if thats the problem.

I still want a Kpro.

blackbelt
04-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Fuses are the quickest fix ever.

Bankeyy592
01-08-2012, 07:12 PM
I havent seen how old this thread is, but my car just pulled up all the same codes on the stock motor minus the P0171. I was reading 11.6 volts from my gauge, and I replaced the alternator and the P0500 is now gone. I have read that a bad battery can cause a couple of these codes. Also O2 sensors. I do have all of my sensors hooked up, but my low exhaust got caught on a driveway as I backed out, and this is when all of my issues started happening. Coinscidence? Maybe, but the P1166 is directly related to the O2 sensors. If anyone has any futher avdice, I would love more knowledge, and I would like to be able to drive my EP knowing I'm not gonna get stuck somewhere due to a lack of charge.

Thanks to anyone who helps me out. I'll owe you a beer!

AKEP
01-10-2012, 11:49 PM
check the charge cable under the manifold. you might have to actually clamp it down with some pliers because its a pain to clip by hand. its the cable coming from the alternator to the harness. tripple check that you have that connected. you can test it with a volt meter, check for resistance from the alt to the possitive cable.