PDA

View Full Version : what's up with parts and our vendors?!

Kerby
04-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Seriously....

I spend half of my time on MR2OC... not that I have a sw20, but I did have a aw11. And one thing that I like about them is that their VENDORS always come up with new products and sales on a continuous basis.

A new product is developed atleast every two months... let it be functional, or non, mechanical, suspension, or appearance related. Every new part is followed by a group buy. Every month is a either a kick off or send off with a sale.

I think that deserves repeating.... And one thing that I like about them is that their VENDORS always come up with new products and sales.

Why don't we have this kind of support on ephatch? i mean, The enthusiasm on this board is more if not EQUAL to that of MR2OC :hug:... so what gives? People here are always complaining about not having any parts.

Seriously... let's make a break sale, or a bbk sale, or a OEM rsx-s sale. Let's make a I/H/E sale, or a fuel pump sale. How about a turbo kit sale and request atleast 20 to sign up with deposit and have a MAJOR discount. How about an EXCLUSIVE body part made solely for ephatch members headlights, spoilers, lip, tailights. What about finishing what D3 design started and get 3-point FST, or h-brace for the inside hatch, how about exclusive interior pieces, seat.

FEED US SOMETHING!

last time I remember an exclusive deal was TrueHonda with their break special, and the clutch combo, and their HiPower exhaust.

discuss:

SyckSiR
04-29-2008, 05:14 PM
while its a nice idea i doubt it would happen. the ep wasnt popular enough obvi cause a lot of things are becoming discontinued...doubtful anyone is gonna be makin much new for the ep....

RAMSES EP3
04-29-2008, 05:17 PM
that's true I do wish sometimes we had more sales and opportunitys to get exclusive suff for our car but it seems like company's are starting to slow the production of parts for our car or maybee its just me that's being picky for certain parts.

Windchaser
04-29-2008, 05:20 PM
About D3 Design: you don't need a front strut bar or H brace inside the hatch. The combo X-brace and V-brace functions like roll cage without having a rollcage.

Kerby
04-29-2008, 05:28 PM
About D3 Design: you don't need a front strut bar or H brace inside the hatch. The combo X-brace and V-brace functions like roll cage without having a rollcage.

I got both, with f&r 2006 rsx-s sway bars, the complete hfp suspension, and s2k lca's... and i still need it to be more dialed in.

having a H bar in the inside will aid in me not needing a c-bar, or a mid-bar, or a RSTB.

RJEP
04-29-2008, 11:08 PM
i always thought our parts would get cheaper because of the non-popularity.. but not a lot of new parts.. and they are still expensive...love the new Skunk 2 LCA...a def itme i will pick up soon...

hope our vendors can get us better prices, atleast for the older parts...:mwink:

superchargedk20
04-30-2008, 02:14 AM
hell yea. Ive been waiting for months now just for one of our vendors to do a sale on the JRSC-R upgrade. but yet no dice. even when our vendors do some sales and they ask us for our feedback on items we want listed, I will post for the upgrade. and i still dont get a sale on it :mcry:

NitroBoarder
04-30-2008, 06:32 AM
while its a nice idea i doubt it would happen. the ep wasnt popular enough obvi cause a lot of things are becoming discontinued...doubtful anyone is gonna be makin much new for the ep....

don't be a pessimist! my previous car (3rd gen prelude) also had a pretty much dead aftermarket. the only good companies to produce a header for it discontinued back in early 2000, neuspeed back in like 98. The 4 years I owned the car, we were able to get AZ racing to produce H22 mounts for us, D2 to make full coilover set-ups, AZ axles for the H22 swaps, and a bunch of other 1-time group buy deals. we had a member get a group buy together for steering wheel hubs with cruise control buttons. you just need to find a company willing to work with us, and members willing to pay a little extra for parts.

RollinCivic
04-30-2008, 06:43 AM
Seriously....

I spend half of my time on MR2OC... not that I have a sw20, but I did have a aw11. And one thing that I like about them is that their VENDORS always come up with new products and sales on a continuous basis.

A new product is developed atleast every two months... let it be functional, or non, mechanical, suspension, or appearance related. Every new part is followed by a group buy. Every month is a either a kick off or send off with a sale.

I think that deserves repeating.... And one thing that I like about them is that their VENDORS always come up with new products and sales.

Why don't we have this kind of support on ephatch? i mean, The enthusiasm on this board is more if not EQUAL to that of MR2OC :hug:... so what gives? People here are always complaining about not having any parts.

Seriously... let's make a break sale, or a bbk sale, or a OEM rsx-s sale. Let's make a I/H/E sale, or a fuel pump sale. How about a turbo kit sale and request atleast 20 to sign up with deposit and have a MAJOR discount. How about an EXCLUSIVE body part made solely for ephatch members headlights, spoilers, lip, tailights. What about finishing what D3 design started and get 3-point FST, or h-brace for the inside hatch, how about exclusive interior pieces, seat.

FEED US SOMETHING!

last time I remember an exclusive deal was TrueHonda with their break special, and the clutch combo, and their HiPower exhaust.

discuss:

Yea... would be nice huh ?

epshtielsl
04-30-2008, 06:50 AM
I hate to say it but EPhatch is generally stingy lol. We have a few ballers on here, but just a few isn't going to get a group buy going.

SinisterCivicSi
04-30-2008, 06:52 AM
the economy is really crappy right now also, but i will bring this to the other staff members attention and see what we can come up with. has anyone made a suggestion in the group buy section to the vendors?

Hoff
04-30-2008, 06:58 AM
Should have a group buy on any level JRSC. I bet a few people would be up for that. (JRSC-R with reflash:hungry: )

epshtielsl
04-30-2008, 07:18 AM
The vendors should try and get our rebate check money. I think it would be cool to get a bunch of parts bundled together for $600/$1200. This "economic stimulus" is a great opportunity for our vendors to make some $$$!

56chevydan
04-30-2008, 10:33 AM
I agree with this. The EP3 was only imported for 4 years into the US, and we're going on 3 years since the last year of the car here. I think the only parts that will be developed for our cars now are the parts that can be shared with other Honda cars such as wheels, K20/K24 engine parts, shift knobs etc. Development of EP3 specific parts would be costly for the manufacturer to develop, with a dwindling demand/profit for them.

I also agree this would be a great time for the stores that advertise on ephatch.com to start putting things on sale to lure those getting the tax refund checks to spend the refunds with them.

Kerby
04-30-2008, 10:36 AM
the economy is really crappy right now also, but i will bring this to the other staff members attention and see what we can come up with. has anyone made a suggestion in the group buy section to the vendors?

thanks! would be great if we had some mods to back this up.:pray:

SyckSiR
04-30-2008, 10:54 AM
Should have a group buy on any level JRSC. I bet a few people would be up for that. (JRSC-R with reflash:hungry: )

that item is very expensive....too nmany broke asses on this site from what i have seen. if they wanna do group buys it has to be more inexpensive, look how good the xenon hids group buy went, cause it wasnt a huge purchase.:hat:

K-Shark
04-30-2008, 11:34 AM
werd. i think the vendors should at least atempt to get our stimulus money anyway.

bring on the SALES!